Kush Audio releases Novatron - Varitone Tube Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dblock wrote:Can somebody please tell me where those 100 presets are?
Just purchased and thought I'd ask here before going to support.
tia
If on windows, they are located in the C:\program data\ dir under Kush Audio.
They just don't work apparently.

Best contact support...

*I thought it didn't come with any as they are not really needed. They are
there though.. Just not working.

pekbro wrote:
tia

Best contact support...

I posted this on Gearslutz...

Are you on Windows? I have a problem with presets in subfolders not showing up but I found an unofficial workaround. Note: depending on how this eventually gets resolved in a future update, you could end up with duplicate presets you'll eventually need to clean up, but it works for now.

Anyway, if you're in the same boat as I was, try this:

1. Go to the C:\Program Data\Kush Audio\Novatron\Presets folder (program data may be hidden in Windows so if you can't see it, change the folder settings to show hidden folders)
2. Open the UBK subfolder - in it, you'll see another series of subfolders
3. Select all of these subfolders (from Nate Digital to UBK Vocals)
4. Copy
5. Go back up one folder level
6. Paste
7. Launch/initialize a new instance of Novatron in your DAW

You should now see a bunch of new banks with presets inside them. I think there's still something a little wonky about how Novatron is handling presets when a folder is nested within a bank.

pekbro wrote:
tia

Best contact support...

Thanks for responding pekbro. Even though presets may or may not be needed, I still want em if they're supposed come with the plugin.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
pekbro wrote:
tia

Best contact support...

Are you on Windows? I have a problem with presets in subfolders not showing up but I found an unofficial workaround. Note: depending on how this eventually gets resolved in a future update, you could end up with duplicate presets you'll eventually need to clean up, but it works for now.

1. Go to the C:\Program Data\Kush Audio\Novatron\Presets folder (program data may be hidden in Windows so if you can't see it, change the folder settings to show hidden folders)
4. Copy
6. Paste

You should now see a bunch of new banks with presets inside them. I think there's still something a little wonky about how Novatron is handling presets when a folder is nested within a bank.
I really appreciate your input funkybot. You were way ahead of me I see your post on gearslutz. Yeah, I'm on Windows 7. Gonna try it right after dinner. Messin with this stuff before I eat makes my stomach hurt.

dblock wrote: Thanks for responding pekbro. Even though presets may or may not be needed, I still want em if they're supposed come with the plugin.
I agree... *just to confirm, Funkybot's' solution worked for me as well.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:
dblock wrote: Thanks for responding pekbro. Even though presets may or may not be needed, I still want em if they're supposed come with the plugin.
I agree... *just to confirm, Funkybot's' solution worked for me as well.

-Cheers
Thanks alot for the info pekbro!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
pekbro wrote:
tia

Best contact support...

4. Copy
6. Paste

Ok,I'm sure it's me. I copied those 7 folders to the Novatron folder (one folder back from presets. They show up in Novastron but when I click the presets the settings on the gui don't change.Novatron. Also,what about that stuff the Nate digital folder? I must be screwing up somewhere.

UPDATE! I got it to work. Thanks alot for the help.

I actually deleted the UBK folder after moving everything, which cleans
things up and seemingly allows it to display UBK defaults correctly.

*just sayin...

*BTW: tyvm FB and DB

-Cheers

A bit better video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6p7-n9JNI

hhhggnghghghh,...
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Already posted this over at GS:

Novatron 1.0.3: Unfortunately i'm having crashs again. This time reproducible in Ableton 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 Beta 6 as well as in Bitwig 2.3.2 on Windows 10x64 v1709. Live 9 is rock solid, but takes a lot longer to actually display the GUI, so i guess it's a race condition in the GUI code.

It seems happening when reopening the GUI. This can be provoked when quickly opening/closing the GUI through the DAW plugin box button. (The tool config button in Live's VST box)
During normal usage this crash happens randomly, which makes it worse.

I've waited to report this, since I initially though it was a problem from the Live Beta. But recently I could reproduce it with 10 stable and Bitwig, so must be a Novatron issue.

Have already contacted support but they do not yet acknowledge this as a Novatron problem, because you can't see anything Novatron related in the Crash Logs from Bitwig/Ableton. (Actually the DAW can't even write to the logs, because it crashes first)
I have created a crash dump though and there it is obvious that the thread crashs in Novatron.dll.

I've also made two videos showcasing the crash. Sometimes it does not happen instantly. So i selected the videos where it happens quite soon after opening Novatron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cywsd6eld5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQugcUUNLU

Anyone else here using Ableton 10 or Bitwig 2 and could try to reproduce this?

I have the same issue in latest version of Bitwig (don't own live so can't test there) on Windows 10. I wrote to support a little while ago but don't think I've received anything back yet.

Doesn't happen with any other Kush plugins.

dermage wrote:Already posted this over at GS:

Novatron 1.0.3: Unfortunately i'm having crashs again. This time reproducible in Ableton 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 Beta 6 as well as in Bitwig 2.3.2 on Windows 10x64 v1709. Live 9 is rock solid, but takes a lot longer to actually display the GUI, so i guess it's a race condition in the GUI code.

It seems happening when reopening the GUI. This can be provoked when quickly opening/closing the GUI through the DAW plugin box button. (The tool config button in Live's VST box)
During normal usage this crash happens randomly, which makes it worse.

I've waited to report this, since I initially though it was a problem from the Live Beta. But recently I could reproduce it with 10 stable and Bitwig, so must be a Novatron issue.

Have already contacted support but they do not yet acknowledge this as a Novatron problem, because you can't see anything Novatron related in the Crash Logs from Bitwig/Ableton. (Actually the DAW can't even write to the logs, because it crashes first)
I have created a crash dump though and there it is obvious that the thread crashs in Novatron.dll.

I've also made two videos showcasing the crash. Sometimes it does not happen instantly. So i selected the videos where it happens quite soon after opening Novatron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cywsd6eld5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQugcUUNLU

Anyone else here using Ableton 10 or Bitwig 2 and could try to reproduce this?
It must be Windows related.
I’m running Novatron 1.03 in Ableton 10.0.01 and the 10.0.02 beta 6, Bitwig Studio 2.3 and Cubase 9.5 on Mac, High Sierra. I’ve had no crashes from Novatron at all.

I've never had any crashes with Novatron on Windows 10 in Studio One or Cubase. I'd start by looking at your graphics driver since the issue happens when opening and closing the GUI. Upgrade your drivers if they're old or downgrade if they've recently been updated and see if either makes a difference.

Return to “Effects”