Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

So its like....Dear Customers
Sorry we tried to rip you off, we though you might have gone for it! Hey Ho- As you obviously are not that dumb, we will drop the price a bit to see if we get more nibbles, or you can just wait for the enviable 50% off upgrade sale and then new version in under a year with minor tweaks and another $300 upgrade cost.

Unless of course we just drop the product and stop updating- that can happen anytime, even with new and popular products.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:So its like....Dear Customers
Sorry we tried to rip you off, we though you might have gone for it! Hey Ho- As you obviously are not that dumb, we will drop the price a bit to see if we get more nibbles, or you can just wait for the enviable 50% off upgrade sale and then new version in under a year with minor tweaks and another $300 upgrade cost.

Unless of course we just drop the product and stop updating- that can happen anytime, even with new and popular products.
case in point: many of their "creative" products.

Kode wrote:deal with 2 instalations, two serials, two problems.
Not to mention uninstalling Ozone 7 Advanced, if you installed it to a custom (not default) directory, can do something awful to your computer - atleast that's what I was told by iZotope.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Kode wrote:deal with 2 instalations, two serials, two problems.
Not to mention uninstalling Ozone 7 Advanced, if you installed it to a custom (not default) directory, can do something awful to your computer - atleast that's what I was told by iZotope.
Details, please
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

SLiC wrote:So its like....Dear Customers

So true.. :lol: :clap:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Suddenly so quiet here...
Everybody currently updating their Ozone and Neutron? :roll:

Watched Sonicstate last night and they discussed O8.

Weirdly enough, rather than ranting they were still speaking positively of the new features.

I'm very happy the listened but finances, it's simply still too soon for such a fee. If i can sell my MP1 and/or MP2 I might consider it.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Most probably i'll pass until Ozone 9 arrive, if they want to make proper upgrade to MPB2 users, i jump right now. i dont need Rx and dont want to deal with two separate installation and MPB2 with O7N1 work very well, so see you in a year (or 2 or never) Izotope.

Meantime Elevate plugin get my attention...

Kode wrote:Most probably i'll pass until Ozone 9 arrive, if they want to make proper upgrade to MPB2 users, i jump right now. i dont need Rx and dont want to deal with two separate installation and MPB2 with O7N1 work very well, so see you in a year (or 2 or never) Izotope.
This!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Kode wrote:Most probably i'll pass until Ozone 9 arrive, if they want to make proper upgrade to MPB2 users, i jump right now. i dont need Rx and dont want to deal with two separate installation and MPB2 with O7N1 work very well, so see you in a year (or 2 or never) Izotope.
I would consider if they guaranteed owners of MPB2 and the O8N2 bundle the same future upgrade path as owners of the new MPS.

JohnnyA wrote:@antic604

$199 for MPB2 to the REAL Music Production Suite would have been more in the correct ballpark for the small upgrades the new Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 offer. And honestly $99-$149 is the correct price. They didn't add any new features that actually affect the audio...
THIS :pray:

DJ Warmonger wrote:Blah blah... let's talk about actual plugins, shall we?

I'm really a fan of Izotope as they make simple, yet very usable plugins like this. Too bad their support leaves something to be desired...

:borg: "you will be assimilated. Differences of opinions are irrelevant. Thinking of anything other than glowing reviews is irrelevant. You're distinct dollars will become part of our collective"

I think what I said was relevant. If you like it, fine. But it's irrational to keep harassing people that don't share your viewpoint.

incubus wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Blah blah... let's talk about actual plugins, shall we?

I'm really a fan of Izotope as they make simple, yet very usable plugins like this. Too bad their support leaves something to be desired...

:borg: "you will be assimilated. Differences of opinions are irrelevant. Thinking of anything other than glowing reviews is irrelevant. You're distinct dollars will become part of our collective"

I think what I said was relevant. If you like it, fine. But it's irrational to keep harassing people that don't share your viewpoint.
I think you‘re unfair. The word „harassing“ is pretty overstated here.

I was initially irked at the pricing in general, but after demoing the plugs, I'm changed.

I owned Ozone 7 but ended up selling my MPB at the time. I felt like it was stuffed with old bloat I had little use for (Alloy, Nectar, Trash to a lesser degree). Also didn't like Neutron 1 enough to buy when it debuted.

Tonal Balance Control sucked me in though. That was an obvious benefit to me right away. I went with N2 Advanced and O8 Standard. I'm pretty thrilled with these tools. I also mix with lots of other Waves, FabFilter, IK, Slate, etc but this new iZotope is a welcome addition to my Toolbox.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

Return to “Effects”