Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

Mcj88 wrote:Unfortunately there is a nasty bug in Neutron 2 Advanced (so probably in Neutron 2 as well). The Neutrino module is the culprit: in some situations it does radical things where it shouldn’t.
I’ve compared the results to Neutrino stand alone and Neutrino in Neutron 1.01.3: non of the latter give these (buggy) results, just the one in Neutron Advanced 2. I’ve written Izotope about it and they've confirmed the issue on December the 13th.

What I did:
- I played a kick from xFer’s Nerve. It played the same kick each consecutive time.
- I processed with Neutron 2 Advanced.
- I heard that where 2 kicks were played “faster” after each other the first kick got a far louder attack than the second.
- I bypassed Neutron and double checked that Nerve was playing the same kick each time. I did this by phase aligning several bounced kicks and reverse the phase of 1 of a pair, to make sure no difference in audio could be heard. Outcome: all kicks were exactly the same.
- I then set Neutron Advanced 2 back on, yet bypassed all individual modules. The equalizer, exciter and first compressor that were “on” before, were now bypassed. The Neutrino part of Neutron was still set to “Drums/ Percussion”, detail 50, amount 50.
- Although all main elements of Neutron 2 were bypassed the difference in sound between the kicks came back.
- I then set the Neutrino setting to “clean”
- The difference between kicks went away.
- Since the Neutrino effect (when set to percussion, amount 50, detail 50) was far out of the “expected” range I compared it to the same Neutrino setting in Neutron 1.01.3 (and later Neutrino standalone as well): this setting did not introduce the unexpected difference between the bounced kicks.

I’ve tried out some other Neutrino settings in Neutron Advanced 2 and except for the “clean” setting they all seem to behave unexpectedly severe when one sound (in my case a kick) is played twice in a row "fastish" (even with settings “amount 0 and detail 0”). Again: Neutrino standalone and Neutrino in Neutron 1 don't have this problem.

This bug is pretty nasty cause it makes the Neutrino module in Neutron 2 Advanced unusable often. Since a Neutrino setting is part of the suggestions of the track assistant it makes your workflow less fast too. Also: when the buggy outcome gives a result that is likeable, then that will give a problem again when Izotope has addressed the issue since your productions will sound different after a bug fix.

Cheers,
M.
Have you reported this to iZotope through your account?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
Have you reported this to iZotope through your account?
Yes I did. They could replicate the issue, but weren't aware of it. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

Still no hotfix. Thank you Izotope for making my decision to buy or skip easy :D I was on the edge of updating due to another promotion, but after reading my initial review for the demo and seeing the missing hotfix, I am happy to leave my money under my pillow. Still too expensive for value added.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Return to “Effects”