Waves Q10, L1 and Audiotrack 25th Anniversary Ed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioTrack L1 Ultramaximizer Q10 Equalizer

do_androids_dream wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Could someone condence the differencies between Waves...

L1 (anniversary ed.)
L2
L3-16
L3-LL

from the user /end-result (limting, maximizing quality) point of view :?:
L1 - Decent channel limiter.. outdated as far as being a master limiter really - unless everyone is happy to go to -13 LUFS masters (I wish..) in which case it would be perfectly fine on the master!

L2 - Selling point was the auto release that L1 lacked - now L1 has auto release so not really sure what the skinny is here.

L3 - Multiband limiter. Imo a flawed/bad concept that's hard to get a good result from. L3-16 has 16 bands instead of the usual 5 of the regular L3. L3-LL is simply a minimum phase version (L3 is linear phase) which means it has Low Latency but is somewhat unusable due to phase problems at crossover points. Not a fan at all of this limiter.

I know that all comes across as a bit negative but that's my take.
Thank your - you didn´t give a very good overall picture of the these. I don´t own any Waves limiter, haven´t even demoed one, but I know that many swear still for the L2.

You can has the default Legacy look if you never update again.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:You can has the default Legacy look if you never update again.
Yeah, apparently my installation yesterday was already "contaminated" with the new GUIs and I just didn't notice because I didn't check. When I inserted one just now, up came the SteamPunkCandy GUI. Luckily Reaper will let me create default presets for each plugin so that I can "force" the old GUI back.
Confucamus.

Good thinkin'. Might do that myself in Ableton Live. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

L1 has a new auto release feature, just like the L2 has had since it's inception, it seems.
Play it by ear

I wonder if the new L1 oversamples differently based on your native DAW samplerate?

Would be keen to see some aliasing test graphs... :)

Harry_HH wrote:
Thank your - you didn´t give a very good overall picture of the these. I don´t own any Waves limiter, haven´t even demoed one, but I know that many swear still for the L2.
Waves best limiter is actually the one in WLM Plus - I use it quite a lot.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Waves best limiter is actually the one in WLM Plus - I use it quite a lot.
I use that too actually.

I've got it on the end of everything as my ISP, although I don't often bounce out so close to 0dB. I like to use it to tun my roughs through until I've decided what I'm going to put on the master bus. I also like to leave it there as a safety net, so I can use any limiter I want without having to worry about overs.

The metering comes in handy too.

Return to “Effects”