SPL EQ Ranger Plus. 90% sale ends tonight and I can't get presets to work on Mac demo-HELP!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The 90% sale is available at Plugin Alliance with a real no-brainer price until later tonight for just $19. (10/16/17). I installed the 14-day demo on my MacBook pro. the presets show up but none of them work. Does anyone have any advice as to why this is happening?

No, but, I picked this up because, well, coupon and free etc., however, I'm not really feeling it, am I missing something?

If you're expecting the sliders to move, it won't happen. Just the frequency of the sliders changes. Does that happen?
Not a clue otherwise. Garbled install? Dodgy download?

Googly Smythe wrote:If you're expecting the sliders to move, it won't happen. Just the frequency of the sliders changes. Does that happen?
Right, that said, the sliders seem to just be offsets as there are several presets that appear to have definitive gain settings already applied.

....see I'm not feeling either because I can't even hear the presets hahaha ....they're saying the presets are a big part of its appeal to speed up production ....and that it's got a "sweet sound" bla bla bla. No, the sliders don't move, the frequencies seem to change a little but it seems really inaudible most of the time. I've only spent 5 or 10 mins with it so far, and so far I'm not feeling it either to be honest.

ghettosynth wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:If you're expecting the sliders to move, it won't happen. Just the frequency of the sliders changes. Does that happen?
Right, that said, the sliders seem to just be offsets as there are several presets that appear to have definitive gain settings already applied.
Ah. Must confess, my demo lasted about 3 minutes. Bought a pair of amp sims instead. :shrug:

Wait! so the presets are always going to appear flat even if they've already made some boosts and cuts here and there? that kinda sucks. It would be nice to at least see the curve.

Great upgrade offer.
Current price: $19
Your price: $49

eurhm, no thanks :hihi: :dog:

funkystrings wrote:Wait! so the presets are always going to appear flat even if they've already made some boosts and cuts here and there? that kinda sucks. It would be nice to at least see the curve.

Yes, as far as I can tell. Again, I might be missing something, however, as I understand how things should work if the gains are all set to zero then just changing frequencies should have no effect in a perfect EQ and only minimal effect with any real world EQ.

This is definitely not the case with this EQ and I'd have to load it up to tell you the exact presets.

The "Rocktober" plugin allience email says
SPL EQ Ranger Plus
Reg. $199 | Now Only $19
Plus local VAT taxes in Europe.
90% Off MSRP

I had this question too, and how the plugin is set up is to have the EQ boost/cut tied to your DAW's preset chooser. The Preset chooser in the Modules section of the plugin ONLY changes the frequencies that are available per the use selected, it does not have the boost/cuts to go with it. This was intended so users could have the frequencies set and then choose their own boosts/cut. In PT11 (my DAW), I have to choose the preset from the PT preset manager in the top of the plugin window, then the boosts/cuts are included. Hope this helps!
Chris H.

Yeah, that works in Cubase as well Chris H. All the presets are in the DAW preset area and I can now see the curve. Thanks man! Are any of you liking the sound of this eq? I mean are you actually using it for its sound? so far I think the highs are pretty good.

I definitely like the tone, and the ease of use. The ability to put it on an instrument you're having trouble with, choose the instrument from the presets and tweak the curve is very useful! Or in Modules, seeing what the frequencies are and boosting each to see what adds what and what may be better cut a bit for clarity. I'd recommend it, and at the $19 price point it's a no brainer for someone who likes or wants to get into the graphic eq workflow! :tu:
Chris H.

Mace404 wrote:Great upgrade offer.
Current price: $19
Your price: $49

eurhm, no thanks :hihi: :dog:
Lol! I saw the same thing. But I've been eyeing it for quite some time and now is a time to hard to pass... great price!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

funkystrings wrote:The "Rocktober" plugin allience email says
SPL EQ Ranger Plus
Reg. $199 | Now Only $19
Plus local VAT taxes in Europe.
90% Off MSRP
$22.80, inc VAT.

Return to “Effects”