SKnote release Disto-S - A Distressor, fast and effective.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally available. It was a long journey.

Disto becomes Disto-S. A simple and straight-forward interface. Just a Distressor.

New great sounding algorithm, fantastic on drums, versatile on everything.

Ridiculous cpu load: 0.5/1 % on normal workstations.

Innovative autogain feature (matches out to bypass automatically).

Handy "presets to clipboard" feature (easily share presets as plain text).

Available on http://www.sknoteaudio.com.

Special "AES" launch price 49.99$.

(Free update for existing users).

That's great!
As a Disto user will i find the Disto-s in my Sknote account?
thanks!
:tu: :party:

yes it seems to have replaced the older one.

quinto you need to be made fully aware of how fugly the text is on this new version. bad font, bad aliasing, just bad all around. on the knobs it's ok, the knobs are cool. but the panel... really?!

I mean, we've gotten used to the fugly top stripe in sknote plugs, but we also typically get an epic looking interface with it, not this.

Yes it was in the download area and is a replacement.
I like the sound and how the "auto volume" works!!
And like that plugin has a new name, so i can use it together with the older version (with my presets).

Disto, I think, is one of those plugins that you will love or never use. I love it!! :love: I can usually get just the right amount of compression, distortion and warmth that I want using Disto. I love it for getting that early/mid 90's sound:- The Aloof - "Cover The Crime" / "Sinking" sound. Disto has replaced my UAD EL7 Fatso Sr for when I want this type of sound. Disto is not subtle...but who wants subtle? :borg:

Really looking forward to using Disto-S. Many, many thanks Quinto! :tu: :love:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

thnx quinto
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Awesome, absolutely awesome - one of the best compressors I've ever heard, really! Oh, and the auto gain now works like charm, too :)

How long is promotional price on for? Get paid at end of the month :-/

Looks like somebody has never seen the fonts on a real Distress, here :lol:

You're welcome ;)

Is there a demo?

Is the name now "Disto-S" in the user downloads area? I only see "Disto" (which I got a while back).
A well-behaved signature.

Right' just get Disto, it will give you Disto-S.

We are modifying the system to be able to send both this and Disto-R in a single package.

Just been using Disto-S on the main bus compressing MicroTonic (with a bit of Verbtone on a couple of the MicroTonic channels) and D16's Sigmund (on an fx send) . Wow!! I don't think I have been so blown away by a compressor plugin as I have by Disto-S. I had to check my levels as I thought I was just being deceived by the "louder sounds better" when comparing the mix with Disto-S off and then on. But the actual mix level with Disto-S on peaked at -18.6db. Mix sounded loud and phat with a really nice cohesive gel - nicely distorted but not overcompressed. With Disto-S off mix level peaked at -16db but the overall mix sounded quieter and weaker even though it was louder. Not a very scientific study I know :wink: Can get some really nice changes in tone by changing both the HP and 2nd/3rd settings. This was just a simple loop to test out Disto-S but this thing sounds lovely!! :hail:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Has anyone compared this to FG-Stress?
I was going to buy it this weekend but now I'm intrigued by Disto-S, and the intro price is great.
I created an account in the hope of a demo being available but it doesn't seem there is.

Edit: Decided to risk buying it, I hope it's way better than any of its competitors versions

Since there doesn't appear to any input level monitoring, what level should we be hitting it with??

Return to “Effects”