SKnote release Disto-S - A Distressor, fast and effective.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jbarish wrote:As you for your "serious question" it's nothing more that a deflection of the the original question. Where is Disto-R?? It's not the customer's fault the the developer hasn't delivered on what was promised. Your question has about as much merit as if I asked, "if Disto-S is the be all end and end all of Distressor emus, why was Disto-R ever announced??" We won't really know until if/when it ever gets released.
I wouldn't know what a Distressor sounds like even if you hit me over the head with it. Like I don't know what an SSL 4000 sounds like, or a Neve, or a Pultec or any hardware (apart from my old crappy Behringer compressor but who would want a plugin of that?!). I just have loads of plugins from loads of developers (SKNote being just one of them) and some I really like and enjoy using, and some don't see much action any more. Does Disto-S sound like a real Distressor? No idea. Will Disto-R be even better? Don't know, don't really care. If one day it does appear, then I'll find out but right now, sometimes I throw Disto-S on a track and like what it does. And sometimes I'll throw a different compressor on. This is a hobby, I do it for fun. I enjoy trying stuff out and just learning how to make my music a little bit better.

Compyfox wrote:Aside from the assumption that the user in question might not have previous versions of DISTO, there is also the thing that once there is a newer version of the plugin in question available, it'll be overwritten in your user account. So you can only get the most latest version, not also get a backup or "legacy" version. Especially as new customer.
It would seem prudent to always keep copies of your installers. And a new customer would knowingly be buying Disto-S not the previous version.
Compyfox wrote:So can we please, just once, not maul each other in a thread?
I agree with that!

The reality is, there will always be people who just want to post negative stuff about any developer, be it SKNote or Steven Slate or Analog Obsession or Plugin Alliance or Waves. It's just the way of the world. Often, it may be down to a bad customer experience, or a sense of entitlement, or just because they think they are funny and cool to jump on the bandwagon to bash others. And of course, they have a right to express their opinion. But to repeatedly go on and on in the same thread just gets monotonous, especially when they don't seem to have a horse in the race.

Would I like to get Disto-R? Sure, why not, it might be fun. But I bought Disto back when it was first released as V1, when there was no talk of Disto-S or Disto-R, so Disto-R's delay really doesn't bother me. People who bought an older version of Disto and now moan about Disto-R are engaging in their own "revisionist history".

Anyway, say or think what you want, I really don't give a shit.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Was compyfox' verbose switch welded in on position? :lol:
Last edited by quintosardo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't want to disturb the thread but here is a simple comparison with hardware. I match settings on the fly, not easy to achieve without deep modelling:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqdbCLyL5Y

jbarish wrote:
phaded wrote:Jbarish- you should write a tune. It might help pass the time.

Warm Regards.

:hug:
I have several albums being held up by waiting for Disto-R
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:help:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

quintosardo wrote:What a stupid thread.
Three non-users fight to destroy the thread.
:lol:
quintosardo wrote:Was compyfox' verbose switch welded in on position? :lol:
*sigh* ...why did that need to happen again?! :dog:
Insulting your userbase won't get you anywhere either, Mr Sardo. Sorry to say this, but it only hurts your case.

Furthermore, nobody is out to "destroy" the thread - unless you count your own derailing once more. And you have to admit, you've been doing that for quite a while now. Do you really want to repeat your own history, again?

This is very honestly meant - where do you see a problem in answering one simple question? That being...
What happened to Disto-R, that you announced to ship "shortly" alongside Disto-S in October 2017?

If the plugin is officially discontinued, then there is no damage in admitting so. If it is delayed, there is no damage in admitting so. But then please at least give a hint at when the tool might arrive. If it's just a renaming issue, then please either provide old versions in the user accounts and/or bundle v2 with v3.

It could be so simple...
But you don't seem to want to make things simple. Just... why?!

cprompt wrote:It would seem prudent to always keep copies of your installers. And a new customer would knowingly be buying Disto-S not the previous version.
That would be the case, if the announcement that I quoted wouldn't have said different. :scared:

Disto-R was/is supposed to be part of the deal, Disto-R is supposed to be v2 - slightly updated (bugfixed), rebranded. At least if we can trust the announcement of the developer.

cprompt wrote:
Compyfox wrote:So can we please, just once, not maul each other in a thread?
I agree with that!

The reality is, there will always be people who just want to post negative stuff about any developer, be it SKNote or Steven Slate or Analog Obsession or Plugin Alliance or Waves. It's just the way of the world. Often, it may be down to a bad customer experience, or a sense of entitlement, or just because they think they are funny and cool to jump on the bandwagon to bash others. And of course, they have a right to express their opinion. But to repeatedly go on and on in the same thread just gets monotonous, especially when they don't seem to have a horse in the race.
The reality in this case is also, that this particular developer is known to throw tantrums and have severe issues with his customers (case in point - see above with his recent posts). Sadly, a lot of the really heavy stuff has been "erased" from history with the removal of the official sub-forum here on KVR Audio. Though there are valid arguments/criticism both on GS's and KVR's backlog by now (more on the latter, because less moderation-in-favor). :-|

Yes, things usually go heated and haywire really fast. But what would you prefer - ignore criticism and negative feedback, or trust somebody blindly? This is what this thread as of this moment is about... It talks about issues that have been dragged out for months, with the developer in question opting for derailing and continued insulting of his own userbase, rather than answering simple questions. Even if these questions were asked for the n-th time.

cprompt wrote:Would I like to get Disto-R? Sure, why not, it might be fun. But I bought Disto back when it was first released as V1, when there was no talk of Disto-S or Disto-R, so Disto-R's delay really doesn't bother me. People who bought an older version of Disto and now moan about Disto-R are engaging in their own "revisionist history".
Could be - but you can't ignore the made announcement. And if the developer said himself "Disto-R = Disto v2, with a final update", then where is the problem releasing it? Additional to that, you as v1 user have had access to the old versions, maybe even have a backup still - new users just don't. :idea:

I mean, look at STRIP and BUS... each version was severely different to the previous one, therefore destroying backwards compatibility. Roundtone, the same... and in some cases, certain versions were bugged out only to be completely exchanged for a new version with a complete different feature set (I still remember that with Roundtone 1 to Roundtone 2).

In case of the currently discussed tool - look at the differences:

Disto v2 is a mix of the Fatso and the Distressor, stereo version, M/S capabilities, more control over the "preamp". Disto-S is somewhat the same now again - with minor (yet drastic) detail changes like: different button layout, not "dual mono" and M/S, retuned, different behavior, and a complete different ID. So it will definitely sound/behave different. Exchanging 1:1 isn't possible. Hence the offer to also include "Disto-R" - which never happened. It was also a purchase-reason for new users.

And frankly - this shouldn't happen. :uhuhuh:

Especially not if you offer lifetime upgrades. There has to be a "legacy" folder somehow. Or a more level headed, timely interaction through the support channels.

cprompt wrote:Anyway, say or thing what you want, I really don't give a shit.
Then I got one simple question for you:
"Is this worth freaking out over this topic?" - if you don't give a damn, if this really doesn't concern you, why be on the aggressive "defense" with this discussion?

Food for thought...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

compyfox do you do anything in your life? :lol:

You became quite creepy...

Uhm... creepyfox...
Last edited by quintosardo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox wrote:
cprompt wrote:Anyway, say or thing what you want, I really don't give a shit.
Then I got one simple question for you:
"Is this worth freaking out over this topic?" - if you don't give a damn, if this really doesn't concern you, why be on the aggressive "defense" with this discussion?

Food for thought...
No, you're right. I suppose if everyone were as eloquent and objective as you, there would be no need to get "defensive". I actually agree with most of what you said! It just annoys me when people post stupid nonsense to look clever, especially when it derails a thread I would otherwise have an interest in.

Anyway:

I like Disto-S
The hotitude control is too sensitive
I'll enjoy playing with Disto-R when it comes out
My son plays too much xbox which annoys me
No amount of Distressor plugins, or SSL plugins, or Neve plugins will make my music any better
This is just a hobby, I do it for fun. Whatever happens to Disto-R, the sun will still come up tomorrow morning!

:D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

creepyfox...

Why do you spend so much time in a thread about a plugin you don't even have? Cannot you see how weird it looks?

Do you have any fun with music?

Why do you try all the time to ruin a forum you almost live in?

Creepy... or sad...

Have fun, make music, go to the sea, cook some pasta, meet friends... :party:

Quinto doesn't know when to just sit back and be quiet. He does make himself look foolish sometimes. Its embarrassing.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

quintosardo wrote:Why do you try all the time to ruin a forum you almost live in?
I'm not falling for this - I do not feed the troll that is "Quinto Sardo" that actively tries to shut down a thread, again - to evade questions, while blaming it once more on others and throws in insults on top.

And if the developer succeeds with that behavior, this opens doors for continued abuse by developers towards their/an userbase and forum users.

I'm lost for words at this point...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Write concise comments and specific questions: get rambling responses that misunderstand them or go off-topic.

Write a detailed, clear overview: get called obsessive and verbose. :dog:

jbraner wrote:Quinto doesn't know when to just sit back and be quiet. He does make himself look foolish sometimes. Its embarrassing.
I disagree. Nobody should be allowed to deliberately and repeatedly destroy a discussion like this.

I'm not a marketing robot, I am a nickname like you. And creepyfox is destroying a forum he has been living in for more than ten years.

Sorry but I 100% disagree with you.

Now a weird question: anybody interested in music here? :party:
Last edited by quintosardo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Compyfox wrote:...
I'm lost for words at this point...

Probably because you are purposely verbose in every stupid post you write?

Why not respect a forum you have been living in for almost a century?

Make some music, mr. supreme court. Not even an user and you pester everything just because we couldn't deal with you acting like a creepy stalker.

Music. This is all about music. Enjoy it. Be positive. Make friends. :party:

Return to “Effects”