DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have not found any bugs in Logic X. I'm loving everything except the 76 model, but then I rarely like 76 modeled plugins and don't tend to go for that sound. So I don't know if my dissatisfaction wth the 76 is a problem with the implementation of not.

I think this plugin hits the sweet spot of options/simplicity and the implementation of "analog sound" is right on

DaveGamble wrote: Dave.
Edit: Maybe they should just be different plugins? :(
No. NO. NO!

Being able to switch between models easily is my second favorite thing about this plugin, beyond the excellent sound.

Hello, dosent appear to work in FL, tried both the 32 + 64 Versions.

Robert Randolph wrote: ... Being able to switch between models easily is my second favorite thing about this plugin, beyond the excellent sound.
+1

I wouldn't mind a default 76D Q-Bias of -3 or -4%. I think most would agree it sounds better that way, at least on a wider range of material, making it a better default setting. Then, if somebody really wanted a more aggressive sound, they could always increase the bias. Just my two cents.

I think -2% has a better balance between the saturation effect being easily audible and usability across a wider range of material.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I wouldn't mind a default 76D Q-Bias of -3 or -4%. I think most would agree it sounds better that way, at least on a wider range of material, making it a better default setting. Then, if somebody really wanted a more aggressive sound, they could always increase the bias. Just my two cents.
Open a TrackComp instance. Click "76D", set Q-Bias as preferred. Click back to DMG mode (optional). Click on the preset menu and pick "save as default". And it is done! :)
Can do the same thing for any 2A you have strong feelings for, and you're in the game! We're working on making some videos to cover this kind of thing :)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote:
Dave.
Edit: Maybe they should just be different plugins? :(
I’d rather people just learned how to use it properly.
It’s quite good having all the models in one plug in.

DaveGamble wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I wouldn't mind a default 76D Q-Bias of -3 or -4%. I think most would agree it sounds better that way, at least on a wider range of material, making it a better default setting. Then, if somebody really wanted a more aggressive sound, they could always increase the bias. Just my two cents.
Open a TrackComp instance. Click "76D", set Q-Bias as preferred. Click back to DMG mode (optional). Click on the preset menu and pick "save as default". And it is done! :)
Can do the same thing for any 2A you have strong feelings for, and you're in the game! We're working on making some videos to cover this kind of thing :)

Dave.
Thanks for implementing that feature request so quickly. :wink: :lol:

Romantique Tp wrote:I think -2% has a better balance between the saturation effect being easily audible and usability across a wider range of material.
And here I am with it hotter as a default. :lol:

E channel is pure bliss :D

I also like setting the attack and release to zero and using it as a pre-amp
kmonkey wrote:
Vortifex wrote:This is a great plugin. Low CPU, no latency. I particularly like the E-Channel and DMG models.
Same here. That E-channel will make any kick stand out in a mix in a VERY nice way.

Good job DMG - as usual..

so which plugins can i trash now when i get this ? ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:so which plugins can i trash now when i get this ? ;D
Hopefully a surprising number, there are facets that people have yet to discuss. For example, with a bit of RMS on the DMG mode it's pretty easy to get the DBX sound, or any number of other well engineered bits of hardware that we didn't include because it would have come out nearly identical to the dmg mode with a setting tweaked a little.

moody wrote:Hello, dosent appear to work in FL, tried both the 32 + 64 Versions.
Have you got a demo license installed?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”