Audiority Echoes T7E mkII updated to v2.2.2 - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echoes T7E mkII

We are happy to introduce to you our newest effect plugin: Echoes T7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl8pi6Hl9s&t=21s

Echoes T7E is a faithful recreation of the iconic *Binson® Echorec® T7E vintage tube magnetic echo made in Italy in the early ‘60s. This echo effect unit is based on a magnetic spinning drum with both record and playback heads arranged around a recording wire wound around the drum circumference. This solution provides better stability over the usual tape transport with reduced wow and flutter.

Since the main “core” of this effect is based on the above mechanism, we modelled both the mechanics and the electronics. Echoes T7E also provides 3 different playback modes allowing you to set different spinning speed or ever synchronize it to your host tempo extending the original delay length from ~310ms up to ~11s or down to 0ms, allowing you to use the plugin as a preamplifier.

Specifications
  • Analog Modeled Vintge Tube Echo
  • 3 Playback Modes: Classic, Varispeed and Sync
  • 4 Playback Heads (equally spaced)
  • EM81 “Magic Eye” Tube Level Indicator
  • 3 Echo Modes: Echo, Repeat and Swell
  • 12 Heads combinations
  • Tone, Error and Volume controls for each head
  • Independent head panning
  • Stereo Spread
  • Heads Pan Law
  • Magnetic Drum Age and Speed settings
  • Internal hum noise (for increased realism and self oscillation)
  • Input Tube Low Cut
  • PE 603 style head switching matrix
  • Delay Extension (up to 11s with Speed at minimum)
  • Pre-amp mode (with Delay Extension set to 0)
  • Output Booster
  • Speed Filter
  • Lite Mode
  • AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3
  • OSX and Windows

Price: $65/€65
Read more: http://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/

A personal note
This is my very first analog modeled plugin ever. I put a great effort to get a result as close as possible to the original unit I own. I do really hope you're going to love it as much as I did!

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:32 am, edited 12 times in total.

Sounds Awesome in the video! Congrats!
Play it by ear

Sounds great. :tu:

Thank you, guys. This was a pretty though one to make. I started working on this on July (along with the other plugins) and the GUI alone took 2 months of modeling, shading and such. Personally, I'm very very happy with the results and I enjoyed the ride, since the making of this plugin forced me to play guitar again after many years. I learned a LOT of Gilmour riffs and solos in the last months and basically destroyed my PF records :lol:

pheeleep wrote:Sounds Awesome in the video! Congrats!
Indeed. I really love the authentic GUI. And listening to your demo, it felt like being in the subterrean missile silo or air-raid shelter. Pretty scary. And did you break the spinning drum by "hand"? - nice detail. Instan buy. :tu:

Nice! I was toying with the idea of getting this upcoming T-Rex replica of the original hardware, but this sounds fantastic and is sooo much cheaper! I’m not sure if I’m up to the task of learning Gilmore riffs, but I’ll be fun to try.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Oh, and great work on the GUI. What did you model and render this with?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thanks guys!

@deastman: 3D modeling and rendering has been done in Blender.

Cheers,
Luca

This thing sounds and looks pretty amazing.
Real good balance between tweak ability and ease of use IMHO.
I'm missing the access via CC to the Magnetic Drum (doesn't seem exposed within Logic X).
Or it is and I missed it, or may be technically a bad idea?
Anyway, congrats Luca, really mean it!

You mean the "drum stop" trick? It's not a parameter, so that's why you can't find it as CC. If I get more requests about that, I'll definitely make it an assignable parameter.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:You mean the "drum stop" trick? It's not a parameter, so that's why you can't find it as CC. If I get more requests about that, I'll definitely make it an assignable parameter.

Cheers,
Luca
+1

Sounds and looks great Luca. I'm going to buy it.
Good skills!

Audiority wrote:Thank you, guys. This was a pretty though one to make. I started working on this on July (along with the other plugins) and the GUI alone took 2 months of modeling, shading and such. Personally, I'm very very happy with the results and I enjoyed the ride, since the making of this plugin forced me to play guitar again after many years. I learned a LOT of Gilmour riffs and solos in the last months and basically destroyed my PF records :lol:
Nice, but no high DPI support? The GUI is very small on a 4K screen.

Here is original on sale for € 2000+ - for those who prefer hardware 8) ...really cool

https://reverb.com/p/binson-echorec-2-t7e

"Binson was an Italian manufacturer out of Milan that started in the 1950s and folded in 1982. The company made several iterations of the Echorec delay unit, which used a magnetic disk instead of the usual tape to achieve its echo sounds. Working specimens are extremely rare and highly sought after.
Years of Production: ca. 1960 - 1979"

Very cool indeed, though I suspect hard to find replacement parts if needed?

Luca's excellent software effort will easily satisfy my echo longings, and for about 1/60th of the price.

Return to “Effects”