Pro-L 2 by FabFilter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by ere2learn on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

As long as it's true peak and nicely supresses ISPs, I'm excited.

The one FF plugin I use least, I guess because I use the maximiser in Ozone instead. Still I may be persuaded.

Needs more heads!

I'd be all over this if I didn't have Ozone! It will be great I'm sure.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

:hyper:

Standing by for upgrade price :)

It'll have to be revolutionary to top Elevate.

plexuss wrote:As long as it's true peak and nicely supresses ISPs, I'm excited.
+1
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

sfxsound3 wrote:
Needs more heads!
Nah, I'm satisfied my girlfriend gives me head. :lol:

After their nicely done upgrades of Pro-Q & Pro-C I was waiting for Pro-L. It was just a matter of time and I'm pretty excited since so far they always added those small superb workflow & quality features and an ui overhaul.

Depending on the price, I'll upgrade straight away or during a sale. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
Last edited by Ghostwave on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Judging by the GUI alone, this should have been v1.50 imho. :P

It has (and will have) some EXTREMELY tough, ruthless competition... Limiter No6, Elevate, Limitless... just to name a few of the most prominent ones :help:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:It has (and will have) some EXTREMELY tough, ruthless competition... Limiter No6, Elevate, Limitless... just to name a few of the most prominent ones :help:
It's not like ProL is a new product. It is an established versatile transparent limiter that already had to deal with competitors since for ever :D But of course there is always room for more than 1 limiter. And it is good that way.
We all know Fabfilter and they don't make things halfway and fast. It's more like they think a lot about their (especially existing) customers needs and improve workflow as well as add some highlights. And I never ever had a bug with any Fabfilter product. :pray:

As LUFS levels get lower we will thankfully see less limiter wars. Hopefully levels will drop to the point where there is no need to use limiters for anything more than a dB or so - any limiter on the market can do that.

And this idea of having algos for 'aggressive' 'punchy' etc. is just ridiculous. If you really want to effect your master in this way (and 99% of the time you don't) you would do that with processing that comes before the limiter. More marketing rubbish basically.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”