TBProAudio: ISOL8 - Mix Monitoring Plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ISOL8

I think I found a bug. In Nuendo, I put it on the master buss. I had some filters and the dim switch engaged. Then I disabled the plugin and exported the project. When I checked it in wavelab, I noticed that even though it was disabled in the project, when exported, it was enabled on it's own. It still shows as if it is disabled but the export shows otherwise.

trmupstage wrote:I think I found a bug. In Nuendo, I put it on the master buss. I had some filters and the dim switch engaged. Then I disabled the plugin and exported the project. When I checked it in wavelab, I noticed that even though it was disabled in the project, when exported, it was enabled on it's own. It still shows as if it is disabled but the export shows otherwise.
Thank you for this. Fixed with Version 1.0.3.

Update to V1.0.3:
- VST3: offline render bypass fix

It would be much more useful to me if there was an option to listen to mono signal through one channel only. Maybe it's already an option and I just didn't find it yet.

Great response time for the bugfixes here, especially on a free product this close to Christmas.

This freebie is very useful, thanks so much.

Thank you for the quick fix. I will be testing this again soon.

Thanks for this.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:It would be much more useful to me if there was an option to listen to mono signal through one channel only. Maybe it's already an option and I just didn't find it yet.
It is not there :-(
We will consider this for one of our next releases.

I'm very thankful for that.

I like this little tool and I think the whole concept is very useful so thanks for that TBProAudio!

However, when I first dropped it on a master track in a session I was working on I noticed a slight gain increase. This with the plugin active and the 'Filter' button engaged, everything at default setting.

Disengaging the filters or simply bypassing the plugin brought levels back down again.

Just for funsies I ran a little test session with just a signal generator, ISOL8 and a VU meter. I did not see an increase with a simple 1kHz test tone at -18dB.

With pink noise however I see a whopping 7.5dB's of gain increase. And oddly enough also some amplitude modulation. Again, disengaging the filters or by-passing the plugin brings levels right back down to -18dB

Surely this is not expected behavior?

Tested on Pro Tools 12.8.1 Mac OSX 10.10.5 AAX64. Just out of curiosity I repeated the test with ISOL8 as VST, VST3 and AU within Blue Cat Patch Work with identical results.

I wonder if anyone else is seeing this or can shed some light on this. I really want this to work.

T

I will have to check that out. I've had a couple other odd bugs with it that we're noted earlier. I like it for doing a check of a mix with very limited bandwidth, 200-2k to make sure all elements in a mix are still there. That's helpful but I can just use an EQ for that as well.

It was discussed in another thread, it has something to do with the 4-pole filters used in the crossover. It's actually quite common with many multiband effects to find higher peak levels when enabled.

mutantdog wrote:It was discussed in another thread, it has something to do with the 4-pole filters used in the crossover. It's actually quite common with many multiband effects to find higher peak levels when enabled.
Correct, thank you for clarification.

Please excuse my ignorance with this, however...

Wouldn't it be possible to get rid of the 4-pole filter "peak issues" by switching to linear phase type LPF/HPF instead of a "normal" phase Linkwitz-Riley crossover matrix? It should be possible to create such a tool, while still offering low CPU load and zero latency, since the plugin doesn't introduce any form of harmonic overtone creation (in other words: saturation), no?

Christian Budde once told me back in the days, that you can only have either-two of the following three things:
- high audio quality due to oversampling (saturation)
- low latency
- low CPU load

Since no saturation is present... :shrug:
Last edited by Compyfox on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Effects”