NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes they do give stuff away for free for a reason - I do understand basic business having been in it for over 30 years.

Let's hope they fix it soon and everyone will can be happy.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

AnX wrote:
...let it percolate for a couple of months if it isn't working for you would be my suggestion. Check back later..

NI are one of the biggest vst companies ever....that doesnt fill me with confidence. It tells me they are money grabbing c**ts who are taking the piss.
...Plugin was free though? At least as far as monetary exchange that is. I think we are essentially the larger beta team for companies today.

I was a bit frustrated with Replika's issues when it was first release.. after a month it was working and I had forgotten about the troubles. Actually until this discussion.. they should sort it out. Around this time of the year though is when a lot of people want to take time off of work so I'm not expecting any large bug fixing until the new year.

AnX wrote:
...let it percolate for a couple of months if it isn't working for you would be my suggestion. Check back later..

NI are one of the biggest vst companies ever....that doesnt fill me with confidence. It tells me they are money grabbing c**ts who are taking the piss.
If they were money grubbers, they wouldn't have 30 minute no-hiss no-dropout
demo sessions on almost all their products. Nor annual half-price sales.

Nothing is inherantly wrong with being successful, becoming a star,
or winning a championship. Laziness won't get you to the top of anything,
except a bill-collectors call lists.

But hopefully Native Access will go the way
of the dodo, when the bean-counters tally it's effects.
NI is lucky that Urs prefers keeping U-he small, if he ever went
big-time, NI would be crushed like a bug...er, I mean crushed like an insect.

ChamomileShark wrote:Yes they do give stuff away for free for a reason - I do understand basic business having been in it for over 30 years.
You seem to have a better business knowledge than NI :hihi:

glokraw wrote:
AnX wrote:

demo sessions on almost all their products.

30 minutes? Wow....! Alert the press :o

glokraw wrote: If they were money grubbers, they wouldn't have.......Nor annual half-price sales.

That says more about their products than you think.... :wink:

glokraw wrote: NI is lucky that Urs prefers keeping U-he small, if he ever went

Uhe are bigger than you think, and getting bigger. But that wont last. The market wont allow it to.

AnX wrote:
glokraw wrote:
AnX wrote:

demo sessions on almost all their products.

30 minutes? Wow....! Alert the press :o
Albeit a 30 minutes that you can simply reset immediately by just reloading the plugin... as many times as you like. *shrug* I tend to crash Tracktion enough that I rarely need to bother with the separate reinstantiation. :hihi: (Purely my own fault, fwiw.)
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

glokraw wrote: NI is lucky that Urs prefers keeping U-he small, if he ever went
You are a joker. :party:

Native Instruments: 400 employees.

U-he: Like 12 employees.

Apart from that, u-he doesn't even have the right business strategy to become as big as NI, ever.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

glokraw wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
LeVzi wrote:As happy as I am to receive a free plugin, wtf was all the crap I had to install to use it ? Native Instruments ISO driver, Storage controllers, I was asleep doing all this, so just clicked ok when prompted, but now im wondering wtf did I just install ?
Is this your first NI product?
If the acquisition process keeps getting worse, the question will be,

'Is this your last NI product'

Is this is the first time that an NI installer download is not supplied,
with the install processed entirely using a registration app?
And one that defaults to user-tracking turned ON?
I've got installers for Razor and Prism, is their one for Phasis
lurking somewhere, now that it's installed?
LOL! Calm down, you'll alert the CNIA to this thread and then we'll all get anal probes. I was just asking whether or not he had installed NI software before.

If you already had Native Access installed the installation of this was super easy, just put the serial in Native Access and click install. Usage tracking was turned off for me because, wait for it, I turned it off by default in Native Access.

So, if this is your first product, yes, usage tracking will be turned on, go in and turn it off. No, I don't like that but I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it. They do it because if they defaulted it to off then nobody would turn it on and they wouldn't get any data.

Interestingly, it's working fine for cubase 9.5 on Windows for me, except for the pixelation. However, I'm using Server 2016 which I believe doesn't include some of the Windows desktop components that make use of the GPU on your desktop. I don't know that for certain, I haven't explored it in depth and this is the first time that I've used Windows Server seriously in ages.

Also interesting is that Cubase has a much better handle on DPI scaling than Ableton does. It's properly scaled on my 4K monitor.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did someone say anal probes? :o

HiEnergy wrote:Never look into the gifted horse's mouth... but I can't use this gift as I have no Internet connection in my studio.
Try this one:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... aser.shtml

"- Up to 16 stages
- "Quad" LFO modulation for enhanced stereo sound
- Modulation wheel and Aftertouch can be routed to control the LFO's modulation depth
- Feedback for creating deeper resonant effects
- LFO speed can be synchronized to tempo
- Modulation source can be set to the modulation wheel or aftertouch"

(it was also on many CM dvd's, before they demanded mac compliance)

The author has some other fine plugins at

http://www.lesliesanford.com/vst/plugins/

Every devs is tracking data of yours, whether it is in their plugins or on their website... NI is fair and put at least a switch into their software to turn it off.

I was new to Native Access. Before they had the Native Service Center which worked similiar. Don't understand the switch though. But no problems in here. Nice little plugin, but really really pixelated. I think theres something wrong with their renderer or antialiasing.

glokraw wrote: NI is lucky that Urs prefers keeping U-he small, if he ever went big-time, NI would be crushed like a bug...er, I mean crushed like an insect.
For Urs to go that big in any reasonable amount of time he'd almost certainly need investment, which would mean losing some control over the things that people appreciate about the way he does things.

I'm not saying that anything is a forgone conclusion, just that it's unreasonable to believe that the size of a firm and their practices are unrelated.

mike_the_ranger wrote: But no problems in here. Nice little plugin, but really really pixelated
So, problems....

Return to “Effects”