NI Phasis

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutantdog wrote: Does something i don't already have 20 plugins for.

You dont have a basic phaser? Ive got SE stuff from 2001 that do this cheese...

Another great freebie from NI.

AnX wrote:

I guess it was a typo, and should rather read "Does something i already have 20 plugins for.". At least that's the only way it would make sense in the context.

If being butthurt about a free plugin makes any sense. :P

NI hurt my but 24/7 with their nonsensical feckin service center bollox that never works (or whatever they call that crap now)

Download a 60meg app to run a freebie? Oh yeah, why not :lol:

To each his own, but, IMO, it's the least intrusive, and best working app of them all. E.g., Cakewalk's Command Center didn't work at all, if you didn't execute it as an admin user under Windows (which it didn't do by default, and i had to trial and error...), that Waves Center thing, which doesn't even let you set up folder paths, or the buggy Arturia thing. Of course, totally up to you whether you want something like that or not. The way i see it, most people want it as as simple as possible, preferrably even without having to handle the installation themselves, so, stuff like that will probably become more and more popular. Actually, i see the point, because, when you have to install 12-14 products like me, you can do that in one go, without having to point the installer to installation locations in every single case, because, once set up in the software center, it does all that automatically.

Oh yeah, Waves :lol: what a joke....

While im on a roll... ableton live... scan plugins, crashes, never opens again...ever... :lol:

But anyway, back to the free gift from the kind ppl :wink:

chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote:

I guess it was a typo, and should rather read "Does something i already have 20 plugins for.". At least that's the only way it would make sense in the context.

If being butthurt about a free plugin makes any sense. :P
Perhaps you should re-read my post without that presupposition. I'm quite the opposite of butthurt, the outrage (and projection) here is far too amusing. :D

And yes, i do literally have less than 20 phaser plugins. None of which are obsolete SE stuff! :roll:

Reaper was "stunned" by this phaser at first ( :lol: ) but it seems to be working now.

This is probably the best phaser plugin I've ever used, though that's mainly because I don't use phasers very often. But I like the fact that the effect is tempo-synched and more customizable than any of the other phasers I've used. So, thank you NI for another nice little freebie. :tu:

As for Native Access... if you think that's bad, you probably haven't used many other DRM systems. With iLok, you can lose everything just from an equipment failure, or even from forgetting to deactivate your licenses before changing a computer component (if you're not using the dongle.) That's happened to a few people here. Getting the PACE license service to work properly is a hassle as well. EastWest adds an additional layer of complexity since their products require you to have both an EastWest account/installation manager AND an iLok account. Of course, people will always find an "inconvenience" to complain about, but so far, I've found Native Access pretty convenient compared to most of the others in my experience. :shrug:

Konduktor wrote: As for Native Access... if you think that's bad, you probably haven't used many other DRM systems.
Like Magix :) I bought Vegas Pro 14 for my hobby video editing and I have to register it every single time when I'm opening it. Plus it have problems with connecting their servers so it's like 10-20 minutes of clicking 'Register' before I can use it :D I payed for software and I need to use crack to use it... Not to mention that their installer downloaded Sound Forge and I had to google Vegas installation by myself :hihi:

TBH iLok is the only one that works for me flawlessly but Native Access is not that bad how it was at the beginning

It sounds fairly good but the sound doesn't blow me away or anything, sounds a bit too clean. Still prefer Fazortan and Phasemistress.

I have at least 20 phaser plugins, but I'll take another. I thought it sounded good and it worked smoothly on my aging workstation. I don't like that it looks exactly like a reaktor module though. I'm guessing it might turn up as a Blocks module before too long.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

pixel85 wrote:
Konduktor wrote: As for Native Access... if you think that's bad, you probably haven't used many other DRM systems.
Like Magix :) I bought Vegas Pro 14 for my hobby video editing and I have to register it every single time when I'm opening it. Plus it have problems with connecting their servers so it's like 10-20 minutes of clicking 'Register' before I can use it :D I payed for software and I need to use crack to use it... Not to mention that their installer downloaded Sound Forge and I had to google Vegas installation by myself :hihi:

TBH iLok is the only one that works for me flawlessly but Native Access is not that bad how it was at the beginning
Yikes that sounds like a Nightmare...That cant be normal, perhaps there is an issue with your system? Have you contacted Magix support about it?
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Wikipedia:

Phasis
town
Phasis was an ancient and early medieval city on the eastern Black Sea coast, founded in the 7th or 6th century BC as a colony of the Milesian Greeks at the mouth of the eponymous river in Colchis, near the modern-day port city of Poti, Georgia. Its ancient bishopric became a Latin Catholic titular see of Metropolitan rank.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Phasis being a phaser might evoke feellings of 'meh' in some thread contributors ... whether or not that's warranted, I won't say ... but do keep in mind the odds of there being a Phasis XT down the line are quite high, and that might be the phaser/modulation plugin that really gets you interested ... considering that, it is imo worth hedging your bets and just adding another phaser to your 20 others since [a] it's free at the moment anyway it will give you a cheaper price to buy the XT version if one comes out, and if it's something you might consider is really worth owning.

obviously if you're also part of the tin-foil hat + whack-job contingent ... you can just disregard the above and carry on staying woke.

Obviously if somebody doesn't like it, there's something wrong with them. They have a personal defect of some kind. They probably smell of farts.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”