PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.4, February 26th 2019)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

great ! thanks a lot , that's will be very useful

I love it!

Thank you, Xenakios

damstraversaz wrote:this function could add a sort of "continuous dronar machine" to the plug, I tried with some various sounds ( voices, string quartet, marimba) with a buffer length of 2s and a stretch amount of 100 and the sound was incredible ( unfortunatly killed by the dry sound in the middle when you use the capture). The timbre of each instruments evolve to the next with an amazing subtlety that I never ear before with the time related tools I know.
Sounds super interesting. Could you perhaps upload a sample of what you (almost) achieved on Soundcloud or Youtube or so?
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Also want to add more love to this thread... endlessly fascinating results. glad I discovered this one, a keeper :tu:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Everything works fine except the save of captured sound after recalling a project. The settings are saved but the audio file is gone. This this intended to be so or is this a bug?

Thank you very much

Win7 64-bit Ableton Live 10
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 pm except the save of captured sound after recalling a project. The settings are saved but the audio file is gone. This this intended to be so or is this a bug?
If you import an existing audio file from disk, that will be recalled. (If it isn't, it's a bug and I'll look at fixing that.) However, for the live playback captured sound a recall mechanism doesn't yet exist.

It's bit of a pain to implement because both the 2 options possible for that (storing the captured audio in the plugin's state chunk or saving the captured audio as separate files on disk) have various downsides. :?

Xenakios wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:08 pm
Autobot wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 pm except the save of captured sound after recalling a project. The settings are saved but the audio file is gone. This this intended to be so or is this a bug?
If you import an existing audio file from disk, that will be recalled. (If it isn't, it's a bug and I'll look at fixing that.) However, for the live playback captured sound a recall mechanism doesn't yet exist.

It's bit of a pain to implement because both the 2 options possible for that (storing the captured audio in the plugin's state chunk or saving the captured audio as separate files on disk) have various downsides. :?
A workaround like store capture to disk with no linking is also difficult? Damn this is hard ... Nevertheless PaulXStretch is one of my top five plugins thanks
rabbit in a hole

Another request ... Sorry ... Is it possible to sync the capture length to the host tempo and to stop after that? Eg 2 bars capturing then stopping ? This would be a workaround for me to keep recordings in sync and recall them Afterwards
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:47 pm Another request ... Sorry ... Is it possible to sync the capture length to the host tempo and to stop after that? Eg 2 bars capturing then stopping ? This would be a workaround for me to keep recordings in sync and recall them Afterwards
I've been hesitant to add any features that deal with beat based musical syncing because the timing of the audio tends to be so laggy and unpredictable in the plugin...There's no obvious solution to those issues. The best sounding FFTs have to be large to huge in length and the calculations need to be done in a background thread. But I'll try to see if there's anything that could be done about those issues. (Maybe while it's just capturing the audio the timing can be made to work properly, though...)

I'd rather not look into this as a workaround for keeping the captured audio, though. I'll do something for that separately. Probably just write new files to disk while capturing...

Thanks. BTW I consider to do a user manual for PaulXStretch. I know there where shortcuts mentioned but I never found one except Mod+LMB for placing the playhead ... Anyone a clue? Thx
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:38 pm Thanks. BTW I consider to do a user manual for PaulXStretch. I know there where shortcuts mentioned but I never found one except Mod+LMB for placing the playhead ... Anyone a clue? Thx
The shortcut keys were implemented for the standalone application. (Which is no longer developed.) The plugin doesn't really have any except one or two mouse modifiers. It might be useful to add some into the plugin but that's not always doable without problems...(I have a very limited set of hosts to test with.)

Finally updated to version 1.2.3! Even after all this time, not a huge update...

01-17-2019 1.2.3
-Captured audio buffers can optionally be saved as files on disk for later recall.
-Added varispeed (resampling speed change) feature when spectral stretch engine is bypassed
-Added shortcut key (may not work properly in all plugin formats and hosts) :
"I" to open file import dialog
-Attempt to prevent capture enabled state from being recalled when undoing in the host

https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/

Thanks for your continuing support of this great software!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

wow fantastic plug in, massive thank you sir

Return to “Effects”