Plugins That Do Awesome Magic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Julien Unison wrote:For me OTT can be qualified as a plugin that do awesome magic.
It's basically a copy of a single preset from Ableton's Multiband Dynamics (off the same name). That surely makes Multiband Dynamics wizardry of the highest order as it has quite a few more possible settings than that.

It's a bit like that Broadcast preset only with more "who needs dynamic range?" flattenating going on.

ENV1 wrote:
melomood wrote:One Ping Only....Delay Lama...
The KVR forum has the warm familiarity of an old sock that's been laying on the floor where it was tossed in 2003
Old and smelly.

And to all the comedians here; this kind of humor went out with Jerry Lewis. Its neither brilliantly witty nor hysterically funny, if anything its only :nutter: because anyone who is at least vaguely familiar with the subject knows that cranking the volume is not, and never will be, a substitute for a multi-function plugin like Broadcast or a chain of single plugins that do these things individually.

So if you could just refrain from delighting us with further jocularities, im sure the people who are actually interested in the topic would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance.
There‘s some awesome magic in a derailing thread!

Sorry but for my defence i'll only point out that i thought this is a funny thread since the OP didn't level-match his A/B comparison. My bad! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I just found one... 112db Mikron Cascade. You can even turn a single boring kickdrum hit into an epic space odyssey. So much fun!

In the "betterizer" category.... Fielding DSP Reviver.

ENV1 wrote:
melomood wrote:One Ping Only....Delay Lama...
The KVR forum has the warm familiarity of an old sock that's been laying on the floor where it was tossed in 2003
Old and smelly.

And to all the comedians here; this kind of humor went out with Jerry Lewis. Its neither brilliantly witty nor hysterically funny, if anything its only :nutter: because anyone who is at least vaguely familiar with the subject knows that cranking the volume is not, and never will be, a substitute for a multi-function plugin like Broadcast or a chain of single plugins that do these things individually.

So if you could just refrain from delighting us with further jocularities, im sure the people who are actually interested in the topic would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance.
Really?
You looking for a definitive "42" answer here then? Seriously?
ok... Welcome to KVR
It's Waves MondoMod
THAT'S the answer.
Waves MondoMod
Put it on EVERYTHING.
Magic as f**k.
Waves MondoMod
Seriously.
Forget all the others.
Waves EFFKING MondoMod
KILLER basslines.
AWEsome

Quadrafuzz v1 on default settings, instant "magic".
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Quadrafuzz v1 on default settings, instant "magic".
Great on bass! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
Zexila wrote:Quadrafuzz v1 on default settings, instant "magic".
Great on bass! :tu:
Yeah. 8)
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

murnau wrote:Sorry but for my defence i'll only point out that i thought this is a funny thread since the OP didn't level-match his A/B comparison. My bad! :)
Absolutely... without that crucial point>> it is but a joke.. I thought!
Especially as the OP dismissed any true and realistic discussion in that direction..
hence "This_plugin" with 6 to 9db of gain would do.. my bad again. :dog:

Stuff that I've used that just does some magic without really worrying too much about tweaking:

Klanghelm SDRR desk mode (not much magic per se though, just nice saturation and compression)
Toneboosters Reelbus (or any other good tape plugin I guess, I've never bothered to try others)
that one bootsy compressor (MJUC gets close enough for me on 64x)
Airwindows channel/buss thingy is probably the most magical, I tried some older version and it somehow changed the mix in a "spatial" way, everything flowed together more naturally. Unfortunately this doesn't really mean much to my ambient mixes consisting sometimes of only 3-4 tracks with unconventional sounds and stereo images. Anyway, if you do more traditional stuff, try it out and see if you can live with the workflow. Rest of the Airwindows is a hit or miss with narrow sweet spots and wonky controls.

Ouch. Gotta be careful around these threads. But the complaints seem fair.

toonertik wrote:...the OP dismissed any true and realistic discussion in that direction.
'The OP' didnt dismiss anything, 'the OP' explained it at least 2 or 3 times that this was not an A/B comparison but a result demonstration.

Say it out loud: RESULT DEMONSTRATION

THAT comes out when THIS goes in!

Get it now?

Or do i need to boost the volume and post it louder!?

No, just level match.

Zexila wrote:No, just level match.
Im fine with the levels as they are.

Gamma-UT wrote:
ENV1 wrote:What you will hear is something that initially sounds alive and enjoyable turning into lifeless and uninteresting and instantly becoming alive again when Broadcast is re-engaged.
Are you serious? Or do you sell hifi gear in your day job? There's a 6-8dB difference in levels between the two.

Normally, I'd try to level match to try to hear an actual difference but the relative levels are completely off so that's a non-starter.

Airwindows, as suggested by d_a_d, do some interesting jobs. I wouldn't call them magic but often used in combination they can pull some nifty tricks.
Gamma-UT wrote:If you think level matching is "missing the point" when it comes to doing comparisons of what a processor is doing to a sound (and that boosting the source to clipping is the way to present it), then I'm out. Sorry.
I also use Broadcast... to hear the REAL difference that it makes I do LEVEL A/B comparisons..
otherwise one is deceived by the increase in level>> you really have missed the point!!!
I'm out!!!!!

Return to “Effects”