New Preamps, EQs & Filters from Arturia

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Mini Filter is a version 2. Different from the free one, I think.

felis wrote:The Mini Filter is a version 2. Different from the free one, I think.
Actually it's version 1.1.0 and features
- New Name
- New Browser and Toolbar
- Improved DAWs compatibility
- minor GUI improvements

So basically just a free facelift of MiniFilter V.

felis wrote:I've got too many vsti's and not enough of the type of stuff on offer here.

I'm probably going to get these.
I'm in the same boat, bought HY-Filter3 last week and already had the mini-filter from this set but they sound really good and have some nifty modulation options and at 49 euros that seems a pretty good deal for the set.

Im interested in how these pre's stack up against the usual suspects! Anyone care for a quick review?

krabbencutter wrote:
felis wrote:The Mini Filter is a version 2. Different from the free one, I think.
Actually it's version 1.1.0 and features
- New Name
- New Browser and Toolbar
- Improved DAWs compatibility
- minor GUI improvements

So basically just a free facelift of MiniFilter V.
Ya - I checked the 'About' and it says it's Version 1.1.0.252

I had the free Minifilter authorized, but now when I load up the DAW with it, Minifilter comes up as a demo.
Going to see if I can locate the original, free, authorized one, but I think this new one overwrote the original.

sry... Do the pre-amps introduce any latency?
- WonderEcho -

I'm getting this graphic issue where the panel is blacked out. Trying to run the demo in Win7 SP2 and Samplitude ProX3.

Anyone else?

felis wrote: Ya - I checked the 'About' and it says it's Version 1.1.0.252

I had the free Minifilter authorized, but now when I load up the DAW with it, Minifilter comes up as a demo.
Going to see if I can locate the original, free, authorized one, but I think this new one overwrote the original.
Hm, mine works fine and the updated version should be listed in your account and in the software center instead of the old one. You could try to deactivate it, refresh your licenses and reactivate it in the Arturia Software Center Settings or reinstall it. If neither does work best contact Arturia directly :tu:

Old wine, on new bottles, ones again,..

To throw out money, things must be unique, only M12, offered me single for 29$ could be considered maybe something usefull

But filters with all these modulations there are plenty already, and the filter-types are very basic, with low amount of poles, band-pass with only 4 poles being the absolute max, and no adjustable Q on the fly as far as I can tell, only two ongoing filters in one instance

This video convinced mee finally that not even M12 will end up in my DAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSY_bQX-YGI

Arturia never made anything that I actually ended up using over time
HM

HM wrote: But filters with all these modulations there are plenty already, and the filter-types are very basic, with low amount of poles, band-pass with only 4 poles being the absolute max, and no adjustable Q on the fly as far as I can tell, only two ongoing filters in one instance
"band-pass with only 4 poles being the absolute max". This is the Matrix-12 filter, so, it reproduces all the fifteen filter configurations the Matrix-12 had. No more, no less.

"and no adjustable Q on the fly as far as I can tell". If by Q you mean resonance, yes, resonance is one of the modulation destinations, therefore you can vary it on the fly, of course. Maybe you should download the demo, and check it yourself. Nothing like a hands-on experience.
Fernando (FMR)

Seaside Music wrote:I'm getting this graphic issue where the panel is blacked out. Trying to run the demo in Win7 SP2 and Samplitude ProX3.

Anyone else?

I get a few graphical glitches with all 3 amps in maschine. Not to the extreme as pictured in yours. Mostly the bottom being slightly cutoff. Will test in Samplitude proX3 soon.

Seaside Music wrote:I'm getting this graphic issue where the panel is blacked out. Trying to run the demo in Win7 SP2 and Samplitude ProX3.

Anyone else?

Hi Seaside Music,

Please try to update your graphics drivers, this usually fixes this kind of issue.

Best.

Baptiste

Yeah it needs an OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU to render the GUI, check your video card with http://www.gpuzoo.com/ to see if it supports it. And if so just updating your video drivers should [hopefully] sort it out :)

TridA-Pre knob movement/response is a wee bit erratic when used in Reason.

krabbencutter wrote:
felis wrote: Ya - I checked the 'About' and it says it's Version 1.1.0.252

Hm, mine works fine and the updated version should be listed in your account and in the software center instead of the old one. You could try to deactivate it, refresh your licenses and reactivate it in the Arturia Software Center Settings or reinstall it. If neither does work best contact Arturia directly :tu:

:dog: Duh - my mistake. I have the authorized version on my desktop and the demo version on my laptop.

I installed the new Minifilter on my desktop just now and it comes up fine. Sorry if I created any confusion.

I'm hesitant to authorize stuff on my laptop, because it acts a bit flaky at times and in my experience
laptops don't usually last all that long. It's several years old now and no telling how much life is left in it.

The graphics on all the new stuff work just fine on both computers - both are running Win 10 and Cubase.

Return to “Effects”