Kilohearts Ultimate EDM Toolkit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shonky wrote:Trying to figure if it's worth getting this toolkit or whether it would be better waiting for a sale on Blue Cat's MB7 Mixer or something similar and using my existing VSTs.

Edit: checked Audiodeluxe and with in cart discount it works out only $10 more than the Kilohearts bundle
I have MB7. One downfall of MB7 is Blue Cat doesn't allow license transfers, where-as KHz does and it appears to be free.

KHz bundle offers some refinments over MB7, namely the integration of modulation and a unified UX. Also the consistent design across the plugins (what do they call them, snapins?) make for a smoother workflow and all the plugins compliment each other.

With MB7 you have the ultimate flexibility but that isn't always necessarily a benefit. It can make it harder to get results fast and it's easier to go down a dead end. I think they compliment each other but are not really direct competitors. Unless perhaps if you constrain yourself to a set of plugins that are similar in MB7; for example U-he Uhbik, Plug n Mix, ha.. maybe even Melda.

The question you have to answer is: is having a less flexible, optimally integrated FX tool kit to work with worth $100 USD.

(That's my rationale anyway. Basically it's a lot of GAS)

Kilohearts has an automated transfer system, piece of cake. But I also highly prefer its simplicity and GUI to Blue Cat. Toolbox with Multipass is straightforward, enhancing musical creativity because it’s easy as pie.

Fleer wrote:Kilohearts has an automated transfer system, piece of cake. But I also highly prefer its simplicity and GUI to Blue Cat. Toolbox with Multipass is straightforward, enhancing musical creativity because it’s easy as pie.
I agree with Fleer about the simplicity of use for the snapins. The Toolbox is easily usable as is, and the Multipass adds variety to the sounds really quickly.

I am working with the Multipass demo. Compared to MB7, there is no compairson. A couple other considerations: all the effect UI's are open and available, the macro controls, fluid re-sizability. There are other things MB7 doesn't have. The more I try the demos the more I think MB7 is a different kind of tool. MB7 is for when you want to do multi-band with your existing plugins. Kilohearts is an integrated effects system, more like HOFA System or Melda's.

Kinda wish this sale was being run inhouse by kHs - then you could get a further loyalty discount based on your existing license list.

Urgh I reeaaally don't need more effects, but the convenience of making complex multiband patches and the integrated modulation with the host plugins seems pretty nice. To GAS or not to GAS, that is the question.

Greenstorm33 wrote:Urgh I reeaaally don't need more effects, but the convenience of making complex multiband patches and the integrated modulation with the host plugins seems pretty nice. To GAS or not to GAS, that is the question.
Yep, I had those very thoughts. And I caved. No regret yet, at least.

This thing is crazy (good)....
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 2.03.42 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :tu:

i just tried KHS and Hofa , they are both very good , the HOFA have a character that KHS don't have but KHS is more GUI friendly than HOFA...The flanger in HOFA is wonderfull ! :love:
They are excellent , the low price for KHS is an absolute no brain deall !

Finally bit and am well pleased, nice bit of kit and an absolute joy to get lost in.

I already have the Soundtoys bundle, and with the Kilohearts deal, I now have a lot of choice for original sounding content.

wagtunes wrote:Thoughts?

https://audioplugin.deals/ref/10/
Overkill when you already have reaktor 6
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Thoughts?

https://audioplugin.deals/ref/10/
Overkill when you already have reaktor 6
The problem with Reaktor 6 is it's a CPU killer and I rarely use it for FX.

Well, I've made my decision. I am going to be picking this up before the sale ends. I love the workflow and how easy it is to create complex FX chains.

Return to “Effects”