give me your advice on Acustica Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spunkmuffin wrote:
plexuss wrote:That sounds more like an arrogant Apple approach. How ironic.
So says the guy using an Apple. So doubly ironic. :hihi:
I cant stand Apple. I've been and Apple customer since 1981. But the last 10 years have lost me. However I am very invested in the platform and so its no easy task to move to, I guess another ridiculous platform like Windoze. For me there are no good choices now. I slag Apple every chance I get and dissuade people for buying apple. My hardware is old and purchased used. I'd never buy anything from apple new these days. so yes I use apple like I use AA: purchased-in but now very disillusioned with both but have an investment in them now so I use them. But I with both AA and Apple I will no longer give them my money or my support until they both clean up their act. Call that whatever you want.

plexuss wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:I tried freeze in cubase and it is working
An other user told you the same about protools (bypass)
I use Logic. Is the expectation that I am supposed to change my DAW so that my AA products will work properly?
No, the freezing may work properly. All the other problems will remain.

Avoid them. Why? Because the less people who use AA plugins that's less competition for me. I have won several mix contests over the past couple of years and have had a lot of happy local bands.

AA may not have the best customer support and yes you need a decent computer but DAMN do they sound great. So yes, please avoid buying them so my mixes sound better than yours.

I've been using Azure and it's been one of the best plugins ever for me. Reminds me of a noted Darkvoice tube amp I have, but better. Has the echo issue been fixed on this one if it existed on it at all? If I could get stuff at the prices other people have been getting em at, I would definitely get more. I can't see how anyone could use a lot of these in a mix. Even if one had a Threadripper 1950x or a 7980xe machine, could it really run an AA channel strip on 40 tracks plus something like an Azure plus Aquamarine combo on the master plus whatever regular plugins?
My attempt at creating an educational audio site along with something for my services:

http://www.fidelityrebellion.com

ViciousBliss wrote:I've been using Azure and it's been one of the best plugins ever for me. Reminds me of a noted Darkvoice tube amp I have, but better. Has the echo issue been fixed on this one if it existed on it at all?
I believe this was the first plugin using Core12 that had the echo 'fix' implemented from the beginning.

It's Core 11. I'm not sure if that one has the fix. I don't notice any kick drum echo or whatever. Nor do I really notice it with Aquamarine 3, Diamond Lift, or Amethyst. Do you have to drive them really hard to hear it? These plugins are all useful, but even with a I7-6700 that has a 600 multi-core score Azure can be pretty crippling. Azure plus Aquamarine in a mastering session with only a handful of efficient algorithmic plugs is crippling almost all the time. This is at 88 and 96k. Maybe everyone who works at 44/48 is getting more use out of em. I'm not sure if these are plugs where the cpu use is the same or better at higher rates. Even then, I'm sure some of my other plugs use a lot less at 44/48.
My attempt at creating an educational audio site along with something for my services:

http://www.fidelityrebellion.com

Sorry, yes, Pink2 is the first on Core 12 -- easy to get confused on all these. There's extensive conversation regarding this on another forum if you can wade through all the various threads. I just recall reading that Azure was the first with the implemented fix and it was also recently updated with Ruby, but it was noted that one would likely need another update. Stands to reason that Pink2 has it already as well since that was released after Azure.

I haven't heard the bug/issue myself, but I'm not a heavy AA user either. I bought Ivory bundle and it's been fine in the light use I've given it, but I was on the fence for buying other plugins from them. I like the idea and technology, but in general they seem somewhat buggy (just my opinion) and I'm hesitant to buy further until prior versions are fixed/updated. I bought in right around when Aquarius was released... installing/authorizing before that seemed ridiculous and convoluted, but better now. Ruby, Azure and Lift all intrigue me for a mastering context, but I'm holding off for now. There's a lot of really good software options and AA is just one of them (though promising).

@ViciousBliss: Looks like you posted on one of those threads. From how I read it, Azure is less prone to the issue, but it still may be possible? In any case, looks like updates may occur. I demo'd Azure and really like it as well, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing for now until all this is sorted out. Same for Ruby.

AudioGuy720 wrote:Avoid them. Why? Because the less people who use AA plugins that's less competition for me. I have won several mix contests over the past couple of years and have had a lot of happy local bands.

AA may not have the best customer support and yes you need a decent computer but DAMN do they sound great. So yes, please avoid buying them so my mixes sound better than yours.
Congratulations on your wins. By the same logic CLA and Schepps, multiple
GRAMMY winners with some of the BIGGEST BANDS/ARTISTS in
their portfolios have never mixed with an aqua or nebula in their lives
and have been using the "plastic" "inferior" "algos" waves and slate ITB (among other plugin makers).
CLA recently mixed ITB a previously released song of his that had been done
solely on analog using slate tools and 800 people who participated in an online BLINDED poll could not
tell the difference (50% split of votes).

So yes, keep using the magical mythical "3D" super dooper
acustica audio, and you and only you, will continue ruling the mixing world
of your "local bands", and be the undisputed mixing champion of your bedroom, lol.

the world changed lately, and a lot of pros are using our products
Harsh to say, but "google is your friend"

While haters were 90% of the forum posts, today they are maybe 1%, and the customerbase is increasing exactly because you are bumping our threads.
Basically you are contributing to our success even if you don't like us. I maybe can't change your mind, but despite on what you are saying about acustica
- we are polite even when heavily attacked
- we listen
- we update our products frequently, for free and adding a lot of features
- we seriously improved on so many different areas. Just an year ago there was an ugly old website, no aquarius platform and a very complex authorization system. We missed products like Gold, Crimson, Lemon, Ebony, Diamond Series, and many nebula updates. Products were crashing and leading to loud spikes, and echo bug was a serious problem without a solution on the horizon. Cpu load was higher. Ticket support was a lot worse. Loyal coupons were not working. We didn't have any endorsement with dw fearn. Dave Pensado was still not using our products. Without aquarius, you missed the upgrade to the latest engine executable, and many products were simply crashing. 1 year ago!!!

I don't think the number of agry postes will be smaller at all in the future simply because it is not possible. There is not a single company with zero issues, and this thread really is about ALL the possible kvr haters riunited in a single thread. I think we cannot do any better!

Btw, let me say we just released an impressive Ruby update ;)

Zaphod, hopefully this constructive criticism will be of some use: Presumably Nebula is your flagship plugin but on the site it's an absolute mess to find things out about it (am I right in thinking this site was completely re-done recently)

So as a user I go to the Nebula page, read the intro and decide to give it a try:

Clicks "Libraries - Read More >"
No more information but another link:
Clicks "N4 LIBRARIES (TRIAL) - Read More"
No longer available
Goes back to the start again and clicks "Free - Read More"
Get “Nebulized” – for free! Lift the blanket off muddy digital mixes. Open your ears to truly analog sound, right within your DAW. Familiarize yourself with the magic of Nebula, with this truly effective, feature-rich plugin. Compliments of Acustica!
Clicks "N4 FREE Read More"
N4 FREE Get “Nebulized” – for free!
Clicks "Read More"
Get “Nebulized” – for free! Lift the blanket off muddy digital mixes. Open your ears to truly analog sound, right within your DAW. Familiarize yourself with the magic of Nebula, with this truly effective, feature-rich plugin. Compliments of Acustica!
Nebula4 free doesn't require authorization .... if you want to test N4 libraries (Trial) you have to authorize them .... More details in "N4 TRIAL libraries" commercial page.
(a.k.a that page that apparently 'no longer exists')

I think you have to agree that it needs a big tidy up !

nebula will have an important update in march. Exactly like we did for pink we removed all products and we'll do it further on next days (removing other things). We are preparing the release.
Also we raised the price. We removed the trial library. Basically we don't want new customers now (but it's ok if you really need it).
We'll announce as soon as we are sure about the exact timeframe. We'll rebuild a completely different situation.
Stay tuned!

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:the world changed lately, and a lot of pros are using our products
While haters were 90% of the forum posts, today they are maybe 1%, and the customerbase is increasing exactly because you are bumping our threads.
Wow, just when you think AA arrogance has reached it's peak, we get a new high score. People with legitimate concerns over FACTUAL flaws in AA products are now haters. Incredible. I've been wanting to buy an Aqua for sometime now, if it ONLY FUNCTIONED WITHOUT BUGS. I had hoped that Pink2 could be what all your other Aquas are not, BUG FREE. But the more you talk the less inclined I am to ever consider buying any of your products. How anyone could spend their hard earned $$ with a company suffering such delusion is beyond all reasonable comprehension.
Last edited by jbarish on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:Basically we don't want new customers now
That's a daring strategy, I appreciate the honesty :wink:

jbarish wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:the world changed lately, and a lot of pros are using our products
Wow, just when you think AA arrogance has reached it's peak, we get a new high score. People with legitimate concerns over FACTUAL flaws in AA products are now haters. Incredible. I've been wanting to buy an Aqua for sometime now, if it ONLY FUNCTIONED WITHOUT BUGS. I had hoped that Pink2 could be what all your other Aquas are not, BUG FREE. But the more you talk the less inclined I am to ever consider buying any of your products. How anyone could spend their hard earned $$ with a company suffering such delusion is beyond all reasonable comprehension.
that's not arrogance, it's a google search on all forums. It is a thing you can verify by yourself.
The beauty of internet, you can search everything and everything is written on the rocks. You can verify also old threads on this board, early threads coming from 2007. Compared with that period, we are now in a sort of gold age. There were dozens of pages where 100% of posts were against our company.
I understand that we need to improve, but the situation is not exactly the one we were experienced 11 years ago. During 11 years for customers we have collected frustated customers, we have solved most of personal issues, and several good buyers today were strong haters previously. So we can "change" the mind of customers, slowly, with a lot of work. Because we work a lot, we work all the day long, we listen.

Please note how pleasant is my answer to your violent post. I'm also honest on a point: every time someone bumps a thread about ourselves, we gain sales. It doesn't matter if he loves or hates the company. This thread on kvr gained something like 20 new sales alone.
It happens maybe because this is a good time for explaining the company, our position, our improvements. The only thing which stops all sales is when I answer badly to a customer, even if provocated. I learnt it the hard way during these years.

Return to “Effects”