Free EQ550 from Overloud! (time limited)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ReverendLove wrote:
Turello wrote:
skipscada wrote:
Turello wrote:I have the Serial Number but after one week...

"You need an Internet connection to authorize, but it seems you are currently offline"...

-_-
But it's free, so don't complain.
Ok but i still can't use in my projects... :dog:
While installing I got the option to store the license on an USB memory stick. I am able to use it offline.
Yeah ... same here. Presumably for offline authorisation (I didn't try it).

aMUSEd wrote:So what does it sound like?
Awesome.

It's easy if you know how

kmonkey wrote:Precisely what i said just before this thread was created (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=497112&p=7031427#p7031427)

Amount of self entitlement and overall ungratefulness (not everyone of course) on this board is staggering. People moan about free stuff. Now it's the scratches on gui. If they remove scratches someone would say gui is too dark etc.etc.

It's free. Take it or just leave it.
Developers often give away and/or heavily discount limited amounts of product to generate hype, and to generate early feedback so they know what to tackle with future fixes. If people don't critique brand new products and revisions, how is it going to improve? While the way some have chosen to voice their criticism may be less than classy, this is the internet after all and I'm sure the developers are able to grab the relevant information, the facts and the useful opinions and do something with them.

As a musician I'd much rather have feedback on the music I write and record, good and bad, than nothing at all. That goes for free and paid for music. Back when I was a working musician we would ask folks we knew for feedback on our live shows and were always happy to take feedback from those we didn't know, looking for what worked well and what didn't from the audience perspective. All data is useful data if you are able to sort it and determine relevance.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

I'm enjoying it for both EQ and harmonics/saturation. I'd consider this more of a "tone control" than an EQ which is just fine in my book. It gives a nice edge on vocals when other distortions are too obvious. More reminiscent of when you hear someone really laying into a mic like on classic Muddy Waters or Aretha Franklin tracks. Also one of my favorite bass sounds of all time is Geddy Lee's work on "Moving Pictures" and IIRC the 550A was a big part of his gritty tone on that album so I can't wait to use this on bass.

It's good that Overloud is getting their name out there with this limited-time freebie, they're kind of way under the radar. I recently picked up Breverb 2, it's as good as Valhalla, Lexicon, EAReckon, 2C, etc. but people rarely mention it.

Not thrilled if this is a "phone home" plugin and Overloud doesn't mention that. Is internet connection required just for activation, or for continued use?

Winstontaneous wrote:
I'm enjoying it for both EQ and harmonics/saturation. I'd consider this more of a "tone control" than an EQ which is just fine in my book. It gives a nice edge on vocals when other distortions are too obvious. More reminiscent of when you hear someone really laying into a mic like on classic Muddy Waters or Aretha Franklin tracks. Also one of my favorite bass sounds of all time is Geddy Lee's work on "Moving Pictures" and IIRC the 550A was a big part of his gritty tone on that album so I can't wait to use this on bass.

It's good that Overloud is getting their name out there with this limited-time freebie, they're kind of way under the radar. I recently picked up Breverb 2, it's as good as Valhalla, Lexicon, EAReckon, 2C, etc. but people rarely mention it.

Not thrilled if this is a "phone home" plugin and Overloud doesn't mention that. Is internet connection required just for activation, or for continued use?
Why not unplug from the net and see? :)

Winstontaneous wrote:Not thrilled if this is a "phone home" plugin and Overloud doesn't mention that. Is internet connection required just for activation, or for continued use?
I would like to know about that, too.
It's easy if you know how

TMaudio wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote:

Why not unplug from the net and see? :)
I find that they all load alot quicker when not connected, no idea why
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Winstontaneous wrote:

It was needed for activation only and it asked if I want to store the activation file for the actual machine or to store it on a memory stick so I can use the EQ on several machines.

Turello wrote:I have the Serial Number but after one week...

"You need an Internet connection to authorize, but it seems you are currently offline"...

-_-
Didn't they release the plugin just yesterday?

Downloaded and installed on Monday after some server issues, used it in a project yesterday, today Live tells me the plugin isn't available??

After still being denied access to 'Overloud' for coming on four days, I decided to see if they were blocking countries outside the U.S, unintentionally or not. Turns out that a vpn got me instant access. Managed to set up account, download, and install. However, it won't let me register with serial (The 'not connected to internet' thing).

Did others who are seeing this message also gain access via vpn?

sqigls wrote:sounds pretty good
the indented magnet snapping values 'feature' makes it unusable to me though unfortunately.
I've now tried the plugin and understand your issue with 2-finger scroll. However, there is no issue with 3-finger drag :tu: Try that! If for no other reason that it is an awesome feature: Much smoother for using on knobs and sliders, and actually allows you to move gui elements around :tu:

Depending on the OS you are using, you'll either find it under settings > trackpad, or, more recently, settings > accessibility > mouse & trackpad > trackpad options > enable dragging > three-fingered drag.

I also have hand issues (had both wrists operated on for carpal tunnel), and this is really helpful for me. Although, my biggest help comes from using a Wacom tablet - They should be standard issue for anyone using a computer :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
sqigls wrote:sounds pretty good
the indented magnet snapping values 'feature' makes it unusable to me though unfortunately.
I've now tried the plugin and understand your issue with 2-finger scroll. However, there is no issue with 3-finger drag :tu: Try that! If for no other reason that it is an awesome feature: Much smoother for using on knobs and sliders, and actually allows you to move gui elements around :tu:

Depending on the OS you are using, you'll either find it under settings > trackpad, or, more recently, settings > accessibility > mouse & trackpad > trackpad options > enable dragging > three-fingered drag.

I also have hand issues (had both wrists operated on for carpal tunnel), and this is really helpful for me. Although, my biggest help comes from using a Wacom tablet - They should be standard issue for anyone using a computer :shrug:
that's f**king awesome, don't know why i never tried that, thanks heaps!
maybe i can start programming Softube Modular!!?? And BAZILLE!!!!!!?
I wonder if it works for the patch cables...
oh my flippin goo giddly gideon.
It's Christmas again.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:After still being denied access to 'Overloud' for coming on four days, I decided to see if they were blocking countries outside the U.S, unintentionally or not. Turns out that a vpn got me instant access. Managed to set up account, download, and install. However, it won't let me register with serial (The 'not connected to internet' thing).

Did others who are seeing this message also gain access via vpn?
I tried with my normal home connection (from India) and got the software as well as serial delivered within few minutes. Got registered it with the same internet connection.

Can you check, if your host file (or system's firewall) is blocking http://www.overloud.com ? If it did, then remove that line from the host file (save it) and try registering with internet connection.

Edit: It seems you have sorted it out on your own, already! :)

Cheers! :tu:

Return to “Effects”