Free EQ550 from Overloud! (time limited)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gamma-UT wrote:
soulone82 wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:
soulone82 wrote:Do speculums alias?
No, they go in the ass.
So they analias?
You are correct.
I reckon you guys are just speculating.

Hehe, thanks for the laugh :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

sjm wrote:I reckon you guys are just speculating.
Are you saying I don't have experience? :scared:

I dig this eq. The saturation sounds very fine and the EQ has a SSL feel to it.

Can't be beaten for getting it for free.

---

And the reason for referring to "SSL feel" is that I only recognize SSL and Neve, I don't know what API is supposed to sound like.
Last edited by soundmodel on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Debutante wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:
Debutante wrote:It might be upgraded people!!
And what a lovely gift.
Thank you.
Where did you hear this?
Speculating
...and thank YOU for being able to translate. Is it me, or is there some kind of vibe going on 'round hya? Let's get nice again people. This is supposed to be fun!!!!
Id you can read negativity in that then you need to check yourself
...no negativity in anything YOU said, just this thread. Early on in KVR I don't remember this kind of thing happening when someone GAVE something away. That's all I was saying.

Way back when - you'd get really unstable SE freebies and alphas from god knows where - and you'd get people encouraging the devs with bug reports giving system specs and so on. Do you remember that? What happened to that? The kind of bashing we get this day is...

Armagibbon wrote:
Markku wrote:Can't authorize. God, I hate these copy protector *censored* systems. I understand why they are used, but if they must be used, they should be invisible to legal users. My other PC has Overloud TH2; after this experience, I'm not upgrading.
Man it's free. Gratis. Like it cost f*ckin nada. Buncha peeps are gonna swarm the servers and make it hell to run man, you gotta know that.

Might even be the last time they do this kinda promo if yall are gonna be like this hahah
Yeah, you were right! Probably it was several days (I tried daily) overload on servers. Today I managed to authorize it.

For more positive note: I think it's useful for low CPU processing. Seems to be smooth on lower frequencies.

So there's a speculation that this EQ is analiasing, but does it have any pleasant feel to it?

soundmodel wrote:I dig this eq. The saturation sounds very fine and the EQ has a SSL feel to it.

Yeah but I wanted an API-style EQ...

chris.r wrote:
soundmodel wrote:I dig this eq. The saturation sounds very fine and the EQ has a SSL feel to it.

Yeah but I wanted an API-style EQ...
So EQ550 is modelled on an API, has that SSL feel to it and sports Neve style marconi knobs?

:help:

I fired up the standalone version and it didn't make any sound ;-)
Very Transparent :roll:
On that note.... what the heck is the standalone version used for? I am assuming just for authorizing? Or am I missing something.

manytone wrote:I fired up the standalone version and it didn't make any sound ;-)
On that note.... what the heck is the standalone version used for? I am assuming just for authorizing? Or am I missing something.
You're definitely missing something!!!
I sometimes use it between, say, browser and youTube/ SoundCloud or between MPC/Mplayer and speaker_output.
I can also feed my mic into into... and then into skype or speakers, so it has it's uses.

toonertik wrote:
manytone wrote:I fired up the standalone version and it didn't make any sound ;-)
You're definitely missing something!!!
I sometimes use it between, say, browser and youTube/ SoundCloud or between MPC/Mplayer and speaker_output.
I can also feed my mic into into... and then into skype or speakers, so it has it's uses.
Thanks toonertik
I was (mostly) joking ;-) as I wasn't getting any aliasing. :clown:
But for me no matter what audio settings I set in the stand alone version, it does not have any effect on the output. Guess I'll play around more with the settings.
So far in VST though it is a very nice free product.

yup, I got the transparent joke..
I was also surprised by a standalone version.
Useful for putting some life into U_Tube etc.

I take back my aliasing comments, what I was seeing and hearing was a harmonic
Just suprising that it kicks in at really low input.
Wierd as the hardware they mimic from different manufactureres wouldnt do this.

Ie it kicks in around -36dB in all teh GEMs.

How can this be accurate modelling?

I do like these plugs fyi
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I take back my aliasing comments, what I was seeing and hearing was a harmonic
Just suprising that it kicks in at really low input.
Wierd as the hardware they mimic from different manufactureres wouldnt do this.

Ie it kicks in around -36dB in all teh GEMs.

How can this be accurate modelling?

I do like these plugs fyi
This is a great plugin.
What a deep, powerful low ends, what a sparkling upper mids.
If it sounds good, it is good.
Really valuable addition to the Eq options in your folder.

Return to “Effects”