Free EQ550 from Overloud! (time limited)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyway the point stands. The scratches on the gui are just silly. Whoever thought it was a good idea should step away from the Bong. :party:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Anyway the point stands. The scratches on the gui are just silly. Whoever thought it was a good idea should step away from the Bong. :party:
I dont mind those scratches. BOZ does that too. also the bx_console has toothpics stuck in the switches like when the toggle lock breaks and the switch cant toggle. they recreated the graphic of sticking a toothpick in the switch to hold it down. i think its all a nice touch, in a sentimental way.

Teksonik wrote:Anyway the point stands. The scratches on the gui are just silly. Whoever thought it was a good idea should step away from the Bong. :party:
Or the person who has such a violent response to them could notice that no one else seems to have an adverse reaction and that redesigning a plugin so that it doesn't trigger one particular individual might be a little arrogant. Leading to an epiphany that maybe the world doesn't revolve around them???? Probably too much to hope for, but anyway my point still stands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

P.S.- I know, I just made the list :tu:

^ derp

to be honest... i could use a hug now you mentioned it lol :P
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

jbarish wrote: Or the person who has such a violent response to them could notice that no one else seems to have an adverse reaction
Do you not get I was just kidding about actually "smacking the crap" out of whoever thought of putting the silly scratches on the gui ? Talk about getting triggered. :roll:

I would never smack anyone.....I'd use a closed fist. Now see I'm just kidding but if it causes you so much distress I'm sure there are counseling services at your school. :wink:

The scratches are silly. Whether anyone else agrees with me is of absolutely no consequence. Whoever thought this was a good idea should get some counseling themselves. Do I expect it to change ? No. Would I have paid for this EQ ? No. Will it make it into my studio computer ? No. But I thanked Overloud for their generosity and I'll keep it on this system and see where the development takes it...... :wink:
crappy gui.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MadDogE134 wrote:to be honest... i could use a hug now you mentioned it lol :P
:hug:

[quote="Teksonik"]Do you not get I was just kidding about actually "smacking the crap" out of whoever thought of putting the silly scratches on the gui ? Talk about getting triggered. :roll:

No, myself and I'm sure others got it the first time. What you fail to get was that I wasn't seriously suggesting you get a refund (really, how could I be??) I was merely kidding about your kidding. But you took offense which led to childish name calling and one upsmanship that we're currently mired in. But no more.

name calling? mired in?
you're purposely stirring him up!

there's no need for it.

sqigls wrote:name calling? mired in?
you're purposely stirring him up!

there's no need for it.
Hilarious! Now I'm stirring him up by stating facts.
Good one :tu:

THANKS!!
I write my own material

Precisely what i said just before this thread was created (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=497112&p=7031427#p7031427)

Amount of self entitlement and overall ungratefulness (not everyone of course) on this board is staggering. People moan about free stuff. Now it's the scratches on gui. If they remove scratches someone would say gui is too dark etc.etc.

It's free. Take it or just leave it.

This is great - thanks Overloud!

Quietly hoping an API 560 graphic EQ is also in the pipeline... I love the Waves emulation but would like to hear another take on it.

I like the scratches. I also really like the EQ, the drive is very good and the bands are super sweet and instantly satisfying to use.

It is a well known fact, that the real warmth and depth of analog equipment doesn"t stem from the circuit or the transformers, but from the scratches on the faceplate! Why else do you think a brand new 1176 doesn't sound like the real thing? Because the front panel is completely flat and so will be the sound, Duh!

Return to “Effects”