Oeksound Spiff released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
spiff

plexuss wrote: It't all subjective. There is no "better". This is more to demonstrate what you can do with Spiff rather than trying to find some golden egg drum sound.
Of course there is a "better". The wet example sounds muffled, liveless and without depth. Whatever Spiff can do, the example does it no service.

dreamvoid wrote:
plexuss wrote: It't all subjective. There is no "better". This is more to demonstrate what you can do with Spiff rather than trying to find some golden egg drum sound.
Of course there is a "better". The wet example sounds muffled, liveless and without depth. Whatever Spiff can do, the example does it no service.
Each of us has our own ideas of "better". For me, the wet example would be better to use in a track and more suited to my music. Spiff is pretty powerful but it is a CPU hog on my 12-core Mac Pro/Logic.

Naenyn wrote:I like their UI's..
+1

Russell Grand wrote:
Naenyn wrote:I like their UI's..
+1
The UI is very slick. I like how the advanced feature pane slides out. and the speed of the display. And the minimalisim, all things considered.

Hmm, so this thing supposedly makes Smoothe obsolete?
And there's no discounts for the Smoothe owners?
I am moderately annoyed.

meloco_go wrote:Hmm, so this thing supposedly makes Smoothe obsolete?
I am moderately annoyed.
Smoothe and Spiff are different. Smoothe is an automatic resonsonance filter and Spiff is a transient processor. DIfferent. :phones:

plexuss wrote:
meloco_go wrote:Hmm, so this thing supposedly makes Smoothe obsolete?
I am moderately annoyed.
Smoothe and Spiff are different. Smoothe is an automatic resonsonance filter and Spiff is a transient processor. DIfferent. :phones:
Well, I will demo and see/hear myself, but I still wish for a discout for the Soothe owners.

Soothe and Spiff are different tools - so I don't see the need for any kind of "cross grade" price (but wouldn't complain :tu:)

Had a brief play around with it yesterday and found it quite impressive. It can "remove" transients in a very transparent way. An extreme example was putting it over an EDM mix, which combined with some high pass filtering pretty much let me take the kick drum out of the mix altogether while leaving the other elements relatively intact. Great for mashups ;)

That microtonic example was very good and demonstrative. If you can remove transients in that transparent a manner, then this seems very powerful.

Is Soothe going ilok as well?

I have to say that after the auth problems I've had with Soothe, I'm just happy if Oeksound goes completely iLok.

dp
Last edited by Liero on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbarish wrote:F u c k o f f , i L o k
It is just soft iLok, which is certainly by far the most widely used license-/registration-manager around,
which is really a godsend. I HATE having to deal with several dozens of different registration-procedures, -methods and -accounts. Why can't there be one centralized system and database? Enter iLok.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jbarish wrote:F u c k o f f , i L o k
:tu:

jens wrote:Why can't there be one centralized system and database? Enter iLok.
The centralized paradigm of iLok is one of its greatest downsides, in my opinion. It's a 3rd party service and business, benefitting from the threat of software piracy, a closed and obfuscated system, managed monolithically, one that the software developers need a license for when incorporating it in their products. It has all sorts of problems stemming from these premises, and just a couple of strong points in return.

What I'd like to see (and quite probably will see, eventually, as these things tend to advance and snowball ;) ) is a decentralized and universal license management solution for digital product activations. An open source one, peer reviewed and operating in a peer to peer fashion -- in other words, more like the tech used in cryptocurrency, for example. Using blockchain technology, the primary feature being the storing of digital license activations in the chain instead of currency transactions.

The basic idea of iLok, especially if one considers how it passes over to its software-only variant, is a hopelessly pre-blockchain paradigm in comparison.

Liero wrote:That microtonic example was very good and demonstrative. If you can remove transients in that transparent a manner, then this seems very powerful
Yes. Thank you. That is exactly the point of it.

plexuss wrote:
Liero wrote:That microtonic example was very good and demonstrative. If you can remove transients in that transparent a manner, then this seems very powerful
Yes. Thank you. That is exactly the point of it.
Ok. I didn't thought it is something special. I can do the same very nicely with Sonnox Envolution. Removing transients isn't such a big deal as bringing out transients which sound natural.

Return to “Effects”