Ending subscription to Slate Everything Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) If you still have access to those plugins, then go back to every single one of those mixes and render each track that uses them.

2) You could use this chance to try other plugins devs like Tokyo Dawn Labs, Klanghelm, Airwindows, Valhalla and HoRNet.

whyterabbyt wrote:Another thing you could do, depending on which Slate plugins you're using, is a half-way house between a 'wet' and 'dry' archive of each track.
There are plugins like Waves Q-Clone which can capture an approximation of the frequency response of a plugin chain, pretty much an impulse response. It wont completely replicate the original plugin, but it will give you a controllable alternative to those plugins that you can use as a placeholder.
That's a really interesting angle...
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

not worth all the efort. It's all got Slate on it right??
Then why would you want to keep any of it?!?!?
Just start over. It will sound better in the end.
Last edited by jbarish on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote:
MikeMcKew wrote: However, I now have an issue: what of all the mixes I've done that include those plugins?
You just pointed out the reason never to rent software.
This
It's easy if you know how

dupe

Thanks everyone. There's a lot to think about! I'm currently going back to old mixes and saving new sessions without Slate plugins (also taking the chance to clean stuff up now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing). Of course, I'm replacing a lot of them with Waves plugins, which I hope doesn't become an issue in the future. :roll:

Anyway, I appreciate all the insight. Other thing I'll say is... if you are thinking about subscribing to this bundle or any other plugin subscription where you don't own anything at the end, just think ahead and decide if you always want to or will be subscribed. If not, consider what you'll do with your past mixes that use those plugins.

Not saying don't do it, but it's something I wish I'd thought more about when I first subscribed.

Return to “Effects”