LVC Audio Limited-Z V2 User testing - Get a free license for participating!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am helping LVC Audio out with a re-design of their Limiter-Z plugin. We've put a usability test together for it. Before we deploy the test and survey to the public, we want to make sure the survey itself makes sense and is easy to get through.

I'd like to find 2-3 people who would be willing to go through the test, to test the test and give us feedback on it. Where we need to improve it. And also have you time yourself doing and it and give us an idea of how long it took you.

You will need to download, install and activate the plugin with a test license. Set it up in your DAW with some audio and then proceed with the survey. The plugin is a limiter.

We are looking for feedback on the test itself - where can we improve it and make it easier to understand and use.

If you are interested, please PM me and I'll pick a few people to test the test.

Then we'll deploy the test itself to the public - everyone who completes the test will get a code for 33% off LVC products and a chance to win 1 of 5 licenses for Limiter-Z.

I will use this thread for future updates about this.

Hello! We are ready to launch the user test for the new version of Limited-Z, LVC Audio's Limited-Z V2 limiter. Limited-Z is meant as an easy to use brick-wall limiter with ISP protection and character control. The new versions features a newly designed UI, ISP features, real-time graphing and resizable UI.

We are conducting a user test on the beta version of Limited-Z V2. We have 5 free licenses for Limited-Z V2 to give away as thanks for participating. The study requires you to download, install and authorize the best V2 into your DAW. Then, open up a link to a survey we will supply you. The survey will ask you some questions and take your through 4 different scenarios using the different features of the plugins. You will have to answer the questions for each scenario. The study will take about 30 minutues to complete.

In thanks for completing the study you will get a free license for Limited-Z and a coupon code for 33% off LVC products until Aug 31 2018.

If you want to participate please PM me. Please be sincere about doing the study because we will only release the free license once the study is complete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:tu:

PMed in case you still need a tester.

Thanks everyone! Right now we have our tester list full up! I will let you know if we need more people. At the moment we have 8 testers and 2 "floaters" in the event the 8 testers aren't able to get to doing the study, we will call on the floaters.

This is a usability test, not a technical test - we are trying to employ User Centred Design in the design of this plugin. UCD allows us to bring feedback from you the users about the usability of the plugin, into the design of it. We will use the results of the study to determine any final design changes we need to make before LVC launched the the new Limited-Z! :phones:

V2 is very impressive in testing so far. I think people are going to like it!

jbarish wrote:V2 is very impressive in testing so far. I think people are going to like it!
I am glad you like it. I am looking forward to the release, and the next phase of updating things like Limited-MAX, ClipShifter, TonedPLUS, etc.

Nice to see this kind of effort, looks great. I really wanted to sign up, but resisted
as I am not the best guy for usability studies. Things like computers and mechanical things
have always automatically made sense to me. :borg:

Still cant wait to try it.

-Cheers

What an awful gui
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:What an awful gui
If you don't mind can you list what exactly is awful and why? We can use this as an input to future re-designs.

I never saw or heard of this limiter before. Based on the screen shot above, my personal opinion is that those lines representing the frequency spectrum, the red line showing the amount of limiting and the turquoise line should be much thinner in order to give a more clean look. It looks a bit cluttered as it is now. The colour mix is also a bit strange. For example, red doesn't go well with orange colour. The mix between brown and orange is also questionable. Besides from that I must say it looks interesting. The X/Y window to control the limiting type is new for me and it looks interesting as well.

Best of luck with the bug testing!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I never saw or heard of this limiter before. Based on the screen shot above, my personal opinion is that those lines representing the frequency spectrum, the red line showing the amount of limiting and the turquoise line should be much thinner in order to give a more clean look. It looks a bit cluttered as it is now. The colour mix is also a bit strange. For example, red doesn't go well with orange colour. The mix between brown and orange is also questionable. Besides from that I must say it looks interesting. The X/Y window to control the limiting type is new for me and it looks interesting as well.

Best of luck with the bug testing!
Thanks for the feedback, it's useful! LVC has built in the ability to change the colours of the UI. Not everything but most of the meters etc. The interface is a little hard to use for this but they will likely work on that. The priority right now is getting the essential things done to get the plugin released.

random_id wrote:
jbarish wrote:V2 is very impressive in testing so far. I think people are going to like it!
I am glad you like it. I am looking forward to the release, and the next phase of updating things like Limited-MAX, ClipShifter, TonedPLUS, etc.
Please, please, please update TonedPLUS next!

Re-sizable or multiple size GUI?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Re-sizable or multiple size GUI?
Click-and-drag resizable.
The screenshot is 100% (1280 X 720). It will go anywhere from 960 X 540 to 1600 X 900.

Return to “Effects”