MSpectral Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSpectralDelay

kgdrum wrote:this is probably user error........

1st I downloaded the license file for MSpectral Delay
I deleted my Melda10 as instructed and updated to the Melda 12 installer
I clicked on the MVintage Rotary which I already have and the free plugs but I could not find MSpectral Delay listed in 12.

I installed everything else,

how do I find, access and install MSpectral Delay?

:dog:

Thanks

KG
Its included in the installer I downloaded :shrug:
Maybe, look again ...

It's right there next to spectral pan.

DarkStar wrote:
Fantasie wrote:Thank you Melda for this amazing plugin for free.

But...I have to say Caution!
The Random button on the upper right corner of this plugin is really really dangerous.
As soon as I pressed it on a whim, over 170 dB screechy sound burst into my ears.
Don't try it even if you set the AGC and Limiter button on. It could still be very loud and break your ears :x
That sounds (no pun intended) like a bug to me; please report it to MeldaProduction, so that they can have a look:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/contact

Did you, by any chance, save the randomised settings as a Preset?
well, I should have saved it, but I couldn't because I was shocked by the noise and immediately disabled the plugin.
After that I tried to reproduce it by clicking Random button 200+ times like a dumb monkey, but failed for better or worse.

So I take back my post. Sorry, the Random button is safer than I thought, and the loud noise I got might be the worst of all the randomized presets.
I will contact the support if I can get the same result again.

I just saw Melda plugins updated to v12.02.
According to the release note:

- Added smart randomization to MSpectralDelay (including MXXX), plus randomizing now enables the safety limiter to avoid excessive output levels for some unfortunate settings.
- Randomization for spectral effects now automatically enables the safety limiter to avoid excessive output levels for some unfortunate settings.

So, now the Random button is going to work perfectly.
Thank you Melda for the quick fix! :tu:

Thank you both for the replies,I had to look several times,lol
I'm color blind, seeing the font on MSpectral Delay was almost impossible for me.
After several attempts I finally saw it (faintly)and installed.
@Melda nice plugin! ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Okay, how do I install this nonsense. I've chosen directory and a plugin. The directory now contains some misc "redistributables" and uninstaller disguised as "setup", but no actual plugin :v
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

What you are looking at is various support files for the installation, including 2 Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packs. The v12 plug-in needs those installed (on Windows).

The plug-ins are not installed in that folder. When the installer runs there are choices for VST, VST3 and AAX (I think). You select the formats you want. Later on in the installer, you can choose the destinations for the VSTs. The others go into fixed locations, I believe (within Program Files/Common Files?).

Once installed you'll need to get your DAW to scan the appropriate folders to find the plug-in(s).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

The plugins will be installed whichever folders you chose here, the description under each box is pretty explicit as to what files goes where:

be good to not include 32 bit or even vst. Puts them all on no matter

Oh right. The interface is unclear, I installed everything BUT VST last time.

Also, why do they force me to install 32-bit plugins still?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Also, why do they force me to install 32-bit plugins still?
+1.

sinkmusic wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Also, why do they force me to install 32-bit plugins still?
+1.
Hopefully that'll get fixed soon.

marzelli wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm good old Spektral Delay from NI very often which can do these things for years now :shrug:
I know you wrote this 1y ago but could you share installer of Spektral Delay for Mac if you have that? I's searching for it and I couldn't find it anywhere.
Windows 7 | macOS Mavericks/High Sierra | Ableton Live 8 | Ableton Live 9 | PreSonus Studio One | Sound Forge 9

audiovisart wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 pm
marzelli wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm good old Spektral Delay from NI very often which can do these things for years now :shrug:
I know you wrote this 1y ago but could you share installer of Spektral Delay for Mac if you have that? I's searching for it and I couldn't find it anywhere.
The installers should still be up on the NI site. They are extremely unorganized, but I’m pretty sure all the old stuff is there. You might still have to install from the original disk to authorize it properly. I got SD as a part of complete and then updated it to the last version from the NI site.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”