MBassador vs bx_Subsynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I just want to add a bass enhancer plugin to my collection but I am unsure about which one to get. I have demoed both, but they all sound great and I still cannot decide. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Trance, Trance Is Life

I'd go with bx_subsynth. And I've to admit that Waves maxbass isn't bad either (usually I wouldn't use any waves plugin). Also take a look at Voxengo's LF Max Punch.

An good free alternative is MetricHalo Thump!

hhuang9611 wrote:Hi all,

I just want to add a bass enhancer plugin to my collection but I am unsure about which one to get. I have demoed both, but they all sound great and I still cannot decide. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
If you really can't hear much difference, then maybe MBassador being 50% off this week might tip the balance :tu:

if you really can't hear much difference, then maybe thumb being free might tip the balance :tu:

The only low end enhancer I've ever been impressed by is Waves Maxxbass. That's what I would recommend personally.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

frizzbee wrote:if you really can't hear much difference, then maybe thumb being free might tip the balance :tu:
I never managed to get Thump to track well under melodic parts. I also don't think it does the RenBass thing of adding harmonic content to bring out the bass frequencies on smaller speakers, whereas MBassador seems to cover that plus LoAir-type sub.

I might be wrong :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
frizzbee wrote:if you really can't hear much difference, then maybe thumb being free might tip the balance :tu:
I never managed to get Thump to track well under melodic parts. I also don't think it does the RenBass thing of adding harmonic content to bring out the bass frequencies on smaller speakers, whereas MBassador seems to cover that plus LoAir-type sub.

actually thump really has its strength on percussive elements. so you're right it might not work with every melodic signal. that said i've never encountered an example where it didn't work :D

maxxbass/renaissancebass are working surprisingly great. and there's lowender by refuse which adds subharmonics. with mbassador i got the impression that it alters the original sound instead of only adding things.

frizzbee wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

actually thump really has its strength on percussive elements. so you're right it might not work with every melodic signal. that said i've never encountered an example where it didn't work :D

maxxbass/renaissancebass are working surprisingly great. and there's lowender by refuse which adds subharmonics. with mbassador i got the impression that it alters the original sound instead of only adding things.
I've only just started to demo it, so am maybe not the best person to ask. Seems great, so far :shrug:

I use bx_subsynth quite a bit of all kinds of sources. Here its used on the bass on this track. this is a real bass guitar track and subsynth gives it added oomph and deeper extension. I also have LoAir which I also use - I find LoAir to be cleaner sounding and bx_subsynth I use when I want to add some harmonic character.

In this track, in the bass, bx_subsynth is prominent, about the same level as the regular bass. I find bx_subsynth does a good job mixing in well naturally.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/th ... 12/s-OU4a9

I use Waves Rbass and MBassador all the time. MBassador is more flexible and a bit more capable (sub synthesis/ modulation), but Rbass works fast and extremely well on sources that it works well on. I generally try out rbass first and if it doesn't get where I want in in a couple minutes then I swap over to MBassador. The voxengo bass plugins work quite well too, but since I never bothered to keep the up to date I never use them anymore. Also Softube saturation knob is great for adding harmonics to sub material at lower setting and it's free as well (you do have to jump through a bunch of dumb hoops to get it).

Between the OP's options I would go for MBassador. The bx stuff didn't really do it for me when I checked it out.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

See also: Schepps Parallel Particles sub control :tu:

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna stick with Maxxbass for now, which is included in my waves gold bundle and I did not discover its power until now. I will get subsynth if there is a deal. Because after demoing more, I just found that subsynth's GUI is comfortable for me.
Trance, Trance Is Life

MogwaiBoy wrote:See also: Schepps Parallel Particles sub control :tu:
My demo sadly is expired. Do you know how mich different the sub process is vs rbass and maxxbass?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:See also: Schepps Parallel Particles sub control :tu:
My demo sadly is expired. Do you know how mich different the sub process is vs rbass and maxxbass?
I can do some testing and let you know - but I'm thinking that rbass and maxxbass are primarily about generating upper octave harmonics from the bass, whereas the sub control in Parallel Particles adds sub-octave harmonics AND upper-octave harmonics (atleast in the second half of the dail turn I believe) as well as parallel compression and whatnot. It's really different from MaxxBass and RBass, probably more bx_subsynth-ish but less indepth. I don't own bx_subsynth sorry.

I got mbassador and bx subsynth. Imo the melda plug can do it all and better but imo the subsynth ui makes it my go to for quick sub cus its easy af. Mbassador does more than just sub... does the junk speaker tweak better than waves imo.

Return to “Effects”