Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

waltercruz wrote:
cprompt wrote:
From the FAQ:
V9 and V10 can run on the same system, as long as you don't install two versions (V9 and V10) of the same plugin. Each plugin should only be installed in either V9 or V10.

For example: Version 9 of J37 Tape and version 10 of Torque can run on the same system. Version 9 of H-Reverb and version 10 of H-Reverb can't.
Waves Central should handle that, don't?
The process I followed was cumbersome but worked. Basically:

1. Go to the Waves v10 page
2. There's a link there to "upgrade" your licenses or something - follow that
3. Log into your account on the Waves site
4. Select the licenses to update and follow the steps - once updated...
5. Install the newest version of Waves Central and run it once installed
6. Go to the Install option - you'll see your v10 plugins - install those
7. There will be some message somewhere about needing to update your licenses - update the licenses
8. Start your DAW
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltercruz wrote:
cprompt wrote:
From the FAQ:
V9 and V10 can run on the same system, as long as you don't install two versions (V9 and V10) of the same plugin. Each plugin should only be installed in either V9 or V10.

For example: Version 9 of J37 Tape and version 10 of Torque can run on the same system. Version 9 of H-Reverb and version 10 of H-Reverb can't.
Waves Central should handle that, don't?
I made a mistake during installation of the update. During the update process I was asked if I wanted to remove v9 and I clicked Yes without thinking carefully. In the past I just had to upgrade without thinking about different versions, all though I didn't have WUP on all my waves plugs. I assumed that the plugs with WUP would be upgraded automatically when installing v10, and all others would just remain v9. This was however not the case. So now I have a long night ahead of me to down load the legacy installer of v9.92 and try to restore the installation I had.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:The process I followed was cumbersome but worked. Basically:

1. Go to the Waves v10 page
2. There's a link there to "upgrade" your licenses or something - follow that
3. Log into your account on the Waves site
4. Select the licenses to update and follow the steps - once updated...
5. Install the newest version of Waves Central and run it once installed
6. Go to the Install option - you'll see your v10 plugins - install those
7. There will be some message somewhere about needing to update your licenses - update the licenses
8. Start your DAW
So, you selected not to remove the V9 plugins, Waves Central then upgraded the V10 plugins and left the other ones alone?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

What does this V10 actually add/improve to justify the price?
A version number increase in the software world normally implies major upgrades and improvements. The differences noted seem trivial...What am I missing?

I really hoped that with version 10 all plug-ins would finally get a HiDPI resolution GUI. Too bad..

Really can't see how this update warrants a new major version. Seems that pretty much nothing is updated except the version number.
No signature here!

Yeah it doesn't currently seem to have any new feature, just seems like a random nomenclature change. We need money, let's just call it Waves 10.
rsp
sound sculptist

robotmonkey wrote:Really can't see how this update warrants a new major version. Seems that pretty much nothing is updated except the version number.
Probably related to the new FLEX rent-to-own scheme.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

The only reason I decided to update was because the new rack option. I thought it could come in handy but I really regret that I took that decision.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

robotmonkey wrote:Really can't see how this update warrants a new major version. Seems that pretty much nothing is updated except the version number.
In which case, I'm disappointed they simply didn't go straight to 11.

Once my existing Waves plugins quit working,I'm done with them.No more WUP crap.

My WUP was listed at $519. None of my plugs are currently WUP active; I haven't purchased a Waves plug in well over a year.

The explanation for things being over 225 was if you had overlapping coverage; some plugs got extended more than a year's time. Why is it almost double for WUP until June 11, 2019?

I mean, not that it matters, I have no real reason to WUP it up anyhow.

Marcus Aurelius wrote:What does this V10 actually add/improve to justify the price?
A version number increase in the software world normally implies major upgrades and improvements. The differences noted seem trivial...What am I missing?
I see literally nothing save for some specific small bug fixes to some individual plugins. I can think of better ways to spend $600.

But no drama. v9 works, and I'm guessing will continue to work for years to come. Really surprised they didn't at least update some GUIs / make them resizable or something - giving people literally zero reasons to upgrade is an optimistic policy from their point of view.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

ontol wrote:My WUP was listed at $519. None of my plugs are currently WUP active; I haven't purchased a Waves plug in well over a year.

The explanation for things being over 225 was if you had overlapping coverage; some plugs got extended more than a year's time. Why is it almost double for WUP until June 11, 2019?

I mean, not that it matters, I have no real reason to WUP it up anyhow.
Did you tick the box that says something about only running on one computer?

ontol wrote:My WUP was listed at $519. None of my plugs are currently WUP active; I haven't purchased a Waves plug in well over a year.

It's probably because the algorithm isn't all that smart. If you tick the box saying you'll run them on the same machine, it will invoke the $225 cap.

You may find upgrading to a bundle provides better value - a lot of Waves pricing traditionally was geared to encouraging customers to bundle up. Though it gets tricky to work out with a large number of plugins outside a bundle. And the Abbey Road and Studio Collections aren't even in the standard Mercury bundle, which complicates things. I'm not sure on the WUP rules if you upgrade the other plugins whether that would WUP everything else. One of the dealers like Everyplugin might be able to help you out if not Waves.

Return to “Effects”