Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll update the WUP when I have to but I do hope by that time they update the guis and offer additional enhancements. Fortunately all of the wave plugins I have purchased continue to work without issue on my PC.
kiezum wrote:I checked. When I include the plugins that still have WUP then I have to pay 1554.40. But when I only select the plugins with expired WUP and no overlapping plugins then it will be capped at $225. I have to say that it's reasonable.

Many Waves plugins I use a lot and it's been 6 years since the last update.

I could renew WUP for 6 of the individual Renaissance plugins I have and pay $102.70 at Waves just to get v10, or I could "upgrade" them to a bundle for less than $50 through a reseller and also get v10, since it's a "new" purchase.
Both would give me WUP for another year.
But the cheaper option (upgrade) would give me more plugins.
But I figure the bundle would be more expensive to WUP with the next version, since I wouldn't be able to "split the bill" and re-WUP individual processors.
Decisions, decisions.

So my GTR Solo that expired its last WUP in early 2012 would cost $7.50 to re-WUP.
But the Renaissance Channel that expired mid 2013 would cost $27.70 to re-WUP.
GTR Solo is around $25 at resellers.
Ren Chan is around $34 at resellers.
That's $20.20 more to WUP a plugin I bought much more recently "worth" $9 more.

BTW, are there no laws outside of Europe against claiming a higher price is the "regular" price, while the product has constantly been advertised in the manufacturer's own catalog as "on sale" for a lower price over 2 entire years? Ridiculous. Sketchy at best. :roll:
Confucamus.

Don't do it. I just updated, and now none of my Waves plugins work at all. I already contacted tech support.

kiezum wrote:I checked. When I include the plugins that still have WUP then I have to pay 1554.40. But when I only select the plugins with expired WUP and no overlapping plugins then it will be capped at $225. I have to say that it's reasonable.

Many Waves plugins I use a lot and it's been 6 years since the last update.
Yeah, if you include plugins that still have WUP, the WUP of all selected plugins will be extended til one year from the highest available WUP date. Say you buy WUP for three plugins: one is expired, one has WUP til october 2018 and the third one has WUP til January 2019. In this case all three plugins would be extended til January 2020. That's how one might exceed the 225$ cap even with non-overlapping products, because you're in fact buying more than one year of WUP for some plugins.

I've only recently started to purchase some WAVES plugins in the past two years (gotta love those $29 deals). Most of my licensed WAVES plugins are still within the (1) year WUP window. So, am I right in thinking that I can update these now to V10 at no cost? I have two other plugins that are outside the (1) year WUP window, so I can keep these at V9 for now and upgrade the rest to V10 without having to spend anymore money? I've already downloaded and installed V10 and elected to keep V9 installed as well.
I'm on the road to Sonic Nirvana
REAPER.....your DAW on a keychain! Don't leave home without it!
Visit me on ACIDPlanet

virtualpt wrote:
Did you tick the box that says something about only running on one computer?
Gamma-UT wrote: It's probably because the algorithm isn't all that smart. If you tick the box saying you'll run them on the same machine, it will invoke the $225 cap.

You may find upgrading to a bundle provides better value - a lot of Waves pricing traditionally was geared to encouraging customers to bundle up. Though it gets tricky to work out with a large number of plugins outside a bundle. And the Abbey Road and Studio Collections aren't even in the standard Mercury bundle, which complicates things. I'm not sure on the WUP rules if you upgrade the other plugins whether that would WUP everything else. One of the dealers like Everyplugin might be able to help you out if not Waves.
That's the solution, capped at 225.

Although when you select the one computer option, the option to select all boxes is gone, you have to click each one. :hihi: Thanks to Waves for letting me still whine about something. :lol:

When you upgrade from individual plugs to a bundle, all plugs in the bundle will share the new WUP date. Sometimes it is cheaper to just buy a bundle outright than upgrade to a bundle depending on the sale price vs the updated WUP price for your existing plugs. I recently thought about updating my API stuff to the bundle (adding the comp) but it would have cost me more to upgrade than buy the bundle new since my other API plugs were out of WUP.

I still see no real reason for myself to update just yet, just hoping that some future windows 10 update doesn't bork up V9...

billybk1 wrote:I've only recently started to purchase some WAVES plugins in the past two years (gotta love those $29 deals). Most of my licensed WAVES plugins are still within the (1) year WUP window. So, am I right in thinking that I can update these now to V10 at no cost? I have two other plugins that are outside the (1) year WUP window, so I can keep these at V9 for now and upgrade the rest to V10 without having to spend anymore money? I've already downloaded and installed V10 and elected to keep V9 installed as well.
Anything plug that still has active WUP can be upgraded to 10 at no cost.

I don't understand. Those considering paying to upgrade to v10 (either buy upping the bundle or WUP)... why? What are you getting for your money?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

my WUP would be $225. i still see no reason to update. nothing really added to any bundle. there's no value for me in updating. i'll wait until things become incompatible w/the OS i use and begrudgingly update.. but by then they may offer all the plug ins i use for like $59 in some sale they have then why WUP ever?

meh.

noiseboyuk wrote:What are you getting for your money?
A shiny new 10 after the v.

:party:

kb420 wrote:Don't do it. I just updated, and now none of my Waves plugins work at all. I already contacted tech support.
I got there in the end but it wasn't easy. I upgraded and installed my applicable licenses, the installed the V10 updates for those plugins. Then it all went Pete Tong with the V9 ones that remained, so I uninstalled those, downloaded the V9 offline installer and re-installed just the V9 plugins I didn't have a V10 license for.

After much rescanning in Reaper, everything worked. But it was far from painless.
noiseboyuk wrote:I don't understand. Those considering paying to upgrade to v10 (either buy upping the bundle or WUP)... why? What are you getting for your money?
Yes, right now, nothing. I can see no difference whatsoever. But... if I don't upgrade now while my WUP for all those plugins I've bought in the last year is active, then I'll never get on to V10. If, in 6 months say, they start doing some funky stuff (code optimisations, UI enhancements etc) I'll get those updates. If I don't upgrade while I can, I'll forever be stuck on V9.

That's my reasoning anyway.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

noiseboyuk wrote:I don't understand. Those considering paying to upgrade to v10 (either buy upping the bundle or WUP)... why? What are you getting for your money?
For now I will not upgrade. The plugins work fine. Excellent VST3 support. Waves will probably expand NKS support. That could be a reason to upgrade someday.

Do not update waves central as it is able to install V10 only. Legacy waves central is not available. So I have many 10 plugins installed and many 9 plugins missed. Now I have to manually download 3.3GB offline installer to install 25MB of missing plugins! What the f**k Waves?!

You can install v10 alongside v9. Plugins working for me.

On another note ... same plugins, new version number. I can't say I'm excited to WUP my remaining v9 plugins.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

kb420 wrote:Don't do it. I just updated, and now none of my Waves plugins work at all.
Same
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Effects”