---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote:
SLiC wrote:There were so many really good effects in Guitar Rig, why didn't they just update that (and call it FX Rack!!)
Because the developers of GR left NI many moons ago and paying for somebody else to get up to speed with the development is probably not commercially viable, they are in the business of making money, not friends.
Lots of hearsay. GR team still exists and has employees at NI. Believe it or not.

BTW, no 32-bit versions.

EvilDragon wrote:Lots of hearsay. GR team still exists and has employees at NI. Believe it or not.
They haven't done much in 8 years then!

GR is just so old now. Yes, the effects in it are great, which is its one redeeming feature, but the amps are awful and the cabs aren't much better. It's showing its age badly now.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Lots of hearsay. GR team still exists and has employees at NI. Believe it or not.
They haven't done much in 8 years then!

GR is just so old now. Yes, the effects in it are great, which is its one redeeming feature, but the amps are awful and the cabs aren't much better. It's showing its age badly now.
Sorry for the off topic - I have Amplitube 4 Max and Guitar Rig Pro. Of the two, I use GR considerably more, in large part because of those effects. While everyone raves about the Amplitube modelling - and fair's fair, it's terrific - for me it's a very rapid law of diminishing returns on cleaner and especially ambient sounds. For ambient in particular Amplitube is a non-starter. Anyway, just wanted to give ye olde Guitar Rig some love.

These plugins sound very promising, look forward to playing with them in 12 Ultimate.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

chk071 wrote: Thanks a lot for the info. I was finally able to use my voucher. :tu:

Demo'd Dirt before buying. The sound is lovely, although it takes quite a lot of CPU.
No problem! It's taken me a long time to find something that I could use one on so thought I would share as I'm sure many others are in the same position.

Bizarrely, NI sent me another voucher tonight :help:!

Been having great fun with these for the past few hours. Just seems to be the right mix of parameters and effect to get interesting musical results.

The only thing left from my SoundToys pack that I really need from now on will probably be Microshift.

Sold Soundtoys as last update introduced some latency but maybe fixed in latest again. Loved phase mistress.

Sold GR5 because hard to like company that doesnt provide some feedback on plans.

A4 Fender stuff is useful. Many fx in it are dated.

I tend to go modular on my own. Dont like the all in one package.

Dont need more distortions and bitcrushers.

Need octavers etc. Dont need crazy either

while I'm here is there any point in buying Driver if I already own Reaktor 6?

acousticglue wrote:Sold GR5 because hard to like company that doesnt provide some feedback on plans.
I totaly agree on that, im so mad that NI doeant invite me to the company meetings about theyr future products! And i paid so much for theyr products, im gonna sell everything i have from them and show them where i stand :clown:

Self entitelment of people these days is just wow. :dog:

julian_NI wrote:Hi KVR! I worked on the DSP for Crush Pack (and Mod Pack, Replika/XT, Blocks etc...). Just thought I'd pop in here and make myself available. If you've got any questions about the design, DSP or sound, I'm happy to pitch in!

Hope you're all enjoying Crush Pack! It's great to finally have these out in the real world :party:
Hi Julian, the FXs sounds great. Ill definitely upgrade to the full pack at some point. Also want give praise to Replika XT. Just love it! Do you have any information regarding it getting scaleable UI like the mod packs?

/Jesper
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Elevated_being wrote:
Hi Julian, the FXs sounds great. Ill definitely upgrade to the full pack at some point. Also want give praise to Replika XT. Just love it! Do you have any information regarding it getting scaleable UI like the mod packs?

/Jesper

Replika/XT are bitmap based GUIs. It’s possible to add scaling, but it would require redoing all the assets at different resolutions. It’s quite a bit of work. That’s why we moved to vector graphics for the Mod and Crush Packs, as we get the scaling almost for free.

EvilDragon wrote: Lots of hearsay. GR team still exists and has employees at NI. Believe it or not.
It's hard to believe that there could be a team dedicated to GR full time which has shown so little progress. In virtually every other company, any such team that had been so unproductive would have been let go years ago.

Maybe "GR Team" not a very accurate name and the developers on that team spend most of their work on other projects. After all, NI is a German company and Germany is the source of one of the worst misnomers of all time.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:After all, NI is a German company and Germany is the source of one of the worst misnomers of all time.
What's that then?

I should have said "associated with" instead of "the source of", but Germany from 800- to 1806 formed the bulk of a region which Voltaire pointed out "was in no way holy, nor Roman, nor an empire".
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:I should have said "associated with" instead of "the source of", but Germany from 800- to 1806 formed the bulk of a region which Voltaire pointed out "was in no way holy, nor Roman, nor an empire".
And what the actual f*ck does that have to do with a software release in 2018?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Effects”