VCC 2 vs NLS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about Klanghelm SDRR? :D

4damind wrote:Nebula is IMO crap (worst workflow, CPU hog etc)
Yes Nebula is crap. But it sounds great to my ears - better than anything else I've used for console emulation - this includes NLS, VCC, SSDR, Strip, Waves, and others I can't remember.

Some tracks I can use it on. Some I can't, because it's crap. So I use it when I can and when I can't I use PA bx_console N/E/G which also sounds really good if not more subtle than other options.

I would appreciate the demo tracks! Thanks you. By the way, do you know if I need vmr for vcc to function properly? Because I clicked the demo, and received an email saying that I need to authorize vmr demo as well for fully functioning.
plexuss wrote:I have NLS, VCC but I use Nebula console emulations, specifically those from AlexB. I find them more authentic, nice sounding, and complimentary to the music than NLS for sure. VCC sounds somewhat "generic" in that it doesn't have much character other than fattening up the sound with higher harmonics - fine for that but for an analogue sound I prefer the AlexB stuff. I have demo tracks I can post if you want to hear. :phones:
Trance, Trance Is Life

hhuang9611 wrote:I would appreciate the demo tracks! Thanks you. By the way, do you know if I need vmr for vcc to function properly? Because I clicked the demo, and received an email saying that I need to authorize vmr demo as well for fully functioning.
plexuss wrote:I have NLS, VCC but I use Nebula console emulations, specifically those from AlexB. I find them more authentic, nice sounding, and complimentary to the music than NLS for sure. VCC sounds somewhat "generic" in that it doesn't have much character other than fattening up the sound with higher harmonics - fine for that but for an analogue sound I prefer the AlexB stuff. I have demo tracks I can post if you want to hear. :phones:
VCC used to be standalone but now only runs within VMR.

:dog: so I have to invest another $200 to let this $150 plugin work? If so, it's the deal killer for me.
VCC used to be standalone but now only runs within VMR
Trance, Trance Is Life

NO! You can get a "FREE" version of VMR that includes Revival, Trimmer and Monster. It costs $199 when you buy the "Mix Bundle 1".
hhuang9611 wrote::dog: so I have to invest another $200 to let this $150 plugin work? If so, it's the deal killer for me.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

hhuang9611 wrote::dog: so I have to invest another $200 to let this $150 plugin work? If so, it's the deal killer for me.
I don't think you actually need to buy VMR. You just need to demo VMR to run VCC inside. It's kind of complicated, but VMR is two things: 1) a shell for hosting Slate and some third-party plugins, and 2) a basic plugin package that includes FG-116, FG-401, FG-S, and FG-N.

So I believe you can downlaod VMR, and just not install the other modules/plugins you don't want (though you'll likely loose the ability to demo those in the future). Then you can buy VCC to run within VMR, and that will get you VCC, plus also the free VMR modules: Trimmer, Monster, Revival.

So, yes you need VMR, but I don't think you actually need to buy a VMR license. You can still get the free stuff and any purchased VMR modules. If you're still not sure, email support.

Okay, that's more clear. And actually, I just bought the everything bundle for $24.99 plus $5 for ilok shipping. I mainly just want to obtain the ilok through this ($30 for ilok 3, why not? I will probably pause my subscription after this month, unless I feel like I can never part with Slate).
Trance, Trance Is Life

I’ve found NLS to sound more open in larger track counts. This in’s no sound due to the subtle variations contributed by the 32 channels, very much like the TMT in Brainworx channel strips. Not the same tech, but both have a similar outcome.

VCC is more indicative to using the one channel over and over. This can actually sound quite nice on smaller track counts, but the mud begins to build up the more tracks you have. Not the nd of the world, but you need to be aware of it.

I rarely push the Drive past 8 or 9, since this is indicative to driving the actual channel harder. At some point you’re going to clip the internal components in the circuit. In the case of SSL it’s transistors and transistor distortion isn’t the most pleasant thing in a mix.

Return to “Effects”