Vst plug for streaming incoming audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there such a thing? I've googled but all I can find is plugins that let you broadcast; I want to get audio from the web INTO my daw, but cant find anything.
Anyone know of a plug that does this? Cheers in advance.

I use Audacity it can record whatever you set as your playback device. It's free https://www.audacityteam.org/
Last edited by I'm Ant on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radiophobic Workshop wrote:https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 3941-Radio

This may be what your looking for.
Doesn't look very flexible : " you can select from a carefully curated list of online stations"

I'm Ant wrote:I use Audacity it can record whatever you set as your playback device. It's free https://www.audacityteam.org/
The feature to loopback record outputs of the system (internally via software, without physical cables) is not available in the Mac OS-X version of Audacity, though.
Last edited by Xenakios on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xenakios wrote:
I'm Ant wrote:I use Audacity it can record whatever you set as your playback device. It's free https://www.audacityteam.org/
The feature to loopback record outputs of the system is not available in Mac OS-X, though.
Cant you just record then open the recorded file in your DAW.

Xenakios wrote:
Radiophobic Workshop wrote:https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 3941-Radio

This may be what your looking for.
Doesn't look very flexible : " you can select from a carefully curated list of online stations"
I'm not sure. I didn't look into it very much, I just remember reading about it yesterday when I noticed your post. I wouldn't be surprised if you could modify the playlist files to stream whatever you'd like.

Ok thanks for the replies. My actual situation is that I'm using a focusrite vrm box as a headphone amp, cos the h/phone socket on my audio interface is kaput. I can route asio to the vrm but I can't get the internet to route to it so I basically cant listen to Spotify YouTube SoundCloud etc. Some windows issue I think. So I thought I might be able to route the streaming audio into the daw and listen to it that way.
Anyone have any other ideas? Cheers!

You should be able to choose the VRM as your default output device. Not sure what version of windows you are using, but on windows 10, you can right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, and select Open Sound Settings. The first menu option should let you select your focusrite device from the list. The internet will play through whichever device you select as default.

@ Radiophobic Workshop nice one, i was overthinking it! That works, thanks very much. :)

sos87 wrote:@ Radiophobic Workshop nice one, i was overthinking it! That works, thanks very much. :)
:tu:

The simple definitive answer is use Steinberg's Loopback feature found on all the UR-XX based interfaces. It takes whatever audio your computer is outputting: web, mp3, games...whatever, and will even take your microphone audio and stream it directly onto an audio track of your DAW.

So, if you were trying to "capture" music from say, Pandora, Tidal, YouTube, or Spotify...this would rip with the same quality it's streamed at.

So, trying to steal samples from sample library websites to use in your production is something developers are aware of and they implement and use audio-based watermarks. Yea...it's a thing. In fact, almost all streaming services use it. One widely popular watermark for multichannel audio was developed back in 2012 for Bluray Disc Encryption. The DTS soundtrack copy protection is called Cinavia. The one these streaming services use...if they actually do use it on all services, is called something else. Just Google it if you care.

Anyway, the UR22 is a more than capable entry-level audio interface to make professional sound. It's budget friendly and the drivers are ROCK-solid with Ableton Live and Pro Tools.

Done.

don't get caught! lol. j/k. actually, not really...ok, for real. j/k , I know you're asking for your friend.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote:The simple definitive answer is use Steinberg's Loopback feature found on all the UR-XX based interfaces. It takes whatever audio your computer is outputting: web, mp3, games...whatever, and will even take your microphone audio and stream it directly onto an audio track of your DAW.

So, if you were trying to "capture" music from say, Pandora, Tidal, YouTube, or Spotify...this would rip with the same quality it's streamed at.

So, trying to steal samples from sample library websites to use in your production is something developers are aware of and they implement and use audio-based watermarks. Yea...it's a thing. In fact, almost all streaming services use it. One widely popular watermark for multichannel audio was developed back in 2012 for Bluray Disc Encryption. The DTS soundtrack copy protection is called Cinavia. The one these streaming services use...if they actually do use it on all services, is called something else. Just Google it if you care.

Anyway, the UR22 is a more than capable entry-level audio interface to make professional sound. It's budget friendly and the drivers are ROCK-solid with Ableton Live and Pro Tools.

Done.

don't get caught! lol. j/k. actually, not really...ok, for real. j/k , I know you're asking for your friend.
Thanks for this advice.
Focusrite do not have this loopback feature on board, do they?

No, unfortunately they don't.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote:No, unfortunately they don't.
I‘m asking because I‘m looking for a way to record for example the Speech Assistant output on my Mac directly into Logic... Maybe that‘s the way...

Return to “Effects”