Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The original:

And now (image resized):
The new version of Nectar Elements includes our latest DSP and simplifies many of the modules that were included in the old version of Nectar Elements. What we learned from the first iteration of Nectar Elements is that while presets were useful, they were rarely custom built for the vocal. Vocal Assistant ensures that your vocal chain is custom built every time with machine learning, rather than having a set of parameters that have zero context about the source material.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... ments.html

It is on special offer at the moment, but I could not find an upgrade option.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I wonder if there'll be Nectar 3 soon to match the update of this elements version ?

mcbpete wrote:I wonder if there'll be Nectar 3 soon to match the update of this elements version ?
Same here, i use Nectar 2 quite alot.

DarkStar wrote:The original:

And now (image resized):
And that, guys and girls, is why a flat GUI, when done right, is so much better than that pseudo 3D stuff.

It's crazy how much that original GUI has dated just in those five years. Anyone know if Nectar 2 Production Suite users can use this new version of Elements using their existing serial ?

chk071 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:The original:

And now (image resized):
And that, guys and girls, is why a flat GUI, when done right, is so much better than that pseudo 3D stuff.
No. That is why decent UI design is so much better than hideous UI design, regardless of flat or pseudo 3D. I’ve hated that gross yellow 90’s Photoshop bevel look since day one.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Are the features in the new version an improvement, or a simplification?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

mcbpete wrote:Anyone know if Nectar 2 Production Suite users can use this new version of Elements using their existing serial ?
No, it´s the same as with their other elements plugins. Those greedy mofos...

:x

Still blown away that even after switching to flat designs like for the newest Ozone and Neutron that the interfaces still aren’t resizable.

mcbpete wrote:It's crazy how much that original GUI has dated just in those five years. Anyone know if Nectar 2 Production Suite users can use this new version of Elements using their existing serial ?
Only 5 years old? Damn. :lol:

Michael L wrote:Are the features in the new version an improvement, or a simplification?
It looks like it's got the assistant thing like with newer versions of Ozone and Neutron:

I expect some other stuff has improved too .... Interestingly the version number of this is 3.0 so I'm guessing the full version of Nectar is a-comin'

Ah hah! I wondered why the original Nectar Elements wasn't included as an installable product inside their 'Product Portal' manager app...

It's uncool that there is no upgrade option for NE1 owners.

G

deastman wrote: No. That is why decent UI design is so much better than hideous UI design, regardless of flat or pseudo 3D.
OK, you have a point there. Regardless of flat or not, that pseudo 3D GUI and colour choice is pretty bad. Nonetheless, i think flat design is a lot more clear, and usable, in general.

Photo_G wrote:It's uncool that there is no upgrade option for NE1 owners.

G
Says here you can get if for $49 - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... icing.html
CROSSGRADES PRICE - $49
Nectar Elements (from any Elements, Standard or Advanced version of these iZotope products:
Alloy, BreakTweaker, Creative Bundle, Insight, Iris, Nectar, Neutron, Ozone, RX, RX Final Mix, RX Loudness Control, RX Plug-in Pack, Stutter Edit, Trash, VocalSynth)

Return to “Effects”