Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcbpete wrote:
Photo_G wrote:It's uncool that there is no upgrade option for NE1 owners.

G
Says here you can get if for $49 - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... icing.html
CROSSGRADES PRICE - $49
Nectar Elements (from any Elements, Standard or Advanced version of these iZotope products:
Alloy, BreakTweaker, Creative Bundle, Insight, Iris, Nectar, Neutron, Ozone, RX, RX Final Mix, RX Loudness Control, RX Plug-in Pack, Stutter Edit, Trash, VocalSynth)
Thanks mcbpete!

G

I've watched the video and try to get my head around this plugin. In a way it reminds me of the SoundSpot releases, where they put a great-looking UI on a reverb and a delay and call it the most fantastic and mind boggling plugin ever. :wink: I mean, as far as the video goes, Nectar Elements is a vocals rack consisting of a compressor, a de-esser, a reverb, and a few more things, and the rock example in the video sounds nice but seems to be little more than an EQ boost in the high mids and a splash of reverb.

I understand that Izotope makes great and smart stuff, but I just don't get what this plugin does. Also, what really matters to a lead vocal is the automated volume in relation to the instruments, so what really would be of benefit would be a vocal rider I guess. And in case that is not possible due to the fact that the effect's settings are not changing over time, then that would be another problem, meaning one might have to make up for the plugin's auto settings as the song alters in instrumentation and balance. (This problem - if it is a problem - gets worse due to the fact that the underlying effects are not shown to the user, so one could probably not adjust the reverb size or the like using automation.)

On the product web page, it says that the settings are based on hundreds of thousands of pro mix settings. Even if that is true, doesn't this mean that the choices are actually a best practice cheat sheet rather than based on my vocal take?

...but I'm sure it is a great product and that it's just me not really getting it, so I'd appreciate a comment on this. :)

Just to make things clear: I'm not trying to rant at all. I really want plugins that make all of the mixing choices for me (because of limited time and ear fatigue due to tinnitus), so anything auto is very welcome. I just don't understand the benefit of this one yet!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:I've watched the video and try to get my head around this plugin. In a way it reminds me of the SoundSpot releases, where they put a great-looking UI on a reverb and a delay and call it the most fantastic and mind boggling plugin ever. :wink: I mean, as far as the video goes, Nectar Elements is a vocals rack consisting of a compressor, a de-esser, a reverb, and a few more things, and the rock example in the video sounds nice but seems to be little more than an EQ boost in the high mids and a splash of reverb.

I understand that Izotope makes great and smart stuff, but I just don't get what this plugin does. Also, what really matters to a lead vocal is the automated volume in relation to the instruments, so what really would be of benefit would be a vocal rider I guess. And in case that is not possible due to the fact that the effect's settings are not changing over time, then that would be another problem, meaning one might have to make up for the plugin's auto settings as the song alters in instrumentation and balance. (This problem - if it is a problem - gets worse due to the fact that the underlying effects are not shown to the user, so one could probably not adjust the reverb size or the like using automation.)

On the product web page, it says that the settings are based on hundreds of thousands of pro mix settings. Even if that is true, doesn't this mean that the choices are actually a best practice cheat sheet rather than based on my vocal take?

...but I'm sure it is a great product and that it's just me not really getting it, so I'd appreciate a comment on this. :)

Just to make things clear: I'm not trying to rant at all. I really want plugins that make all of the mixing choices for me (because of limited time and ear fatigue due to tinnitus), so anything auto is very welcome. I just don't understand the benefit of this one yet!
The old Elements products I think are/were designed as soft, low-cost intros to the iZotope line. If you liked what they did, it was sort of an enticement with upgrade pricing to buy into the rest of it.

The limitations are what you stated earlier: the old NE was that it was more of a “preset based” product with not a lot of depth. This one seems to be slightly more intelligent, but I haven’t demo’ed it yet to be able to tell.

Ok thank you. Then I was not entirely wrong. I assume though that what it does is take a vocal and change it so it sounds better and also in line with a certain style.
Go MuLab!

Still waiting for T-Pain Elements...

mcbpete wrote:I wonder if there'll be Nectar 3 soon to match the update of this elements version ?
I say that will be the case. This looks like s window into the more fully featured version. Which is not so good news for me as I know have to find money for it.

I hope their pitch editor supports that ARIA2 protocol, or whatever it’s called.

FYI: We have 2 copies of this new plugin up for grabs at ANR. :phones:
To enter simply leave a comment here: https://audionewsroom.net/2018/07/win-i ... ments.html
ANR: reviews, interviews, news
http://audionewsroom.net

Izotope, the fast food of audio engineering... the food still tastes the same and is always unhealthy.

NE looks like another “instamix” tool. I guess that it will further “democratize” music making.

That analogy mcd’s to Izotope doesn’t seem accurate to me. I no longer buy from them since the Iris 2 (down)upgrade and that short period of absurd upgrade pricing. I’ve posted before that it seems that they’ve been taken over by ‘bean counters’, accountants. Still, much of their software is high quality stuff, not mcdonalds sawdust food. I stopped eating that stuff way before i stopped buying Izotope, and there’s still a chance i would buy something from Izotope if they change their ways.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:NE looks like another “instamix” tool. I guess that it will further “democratize” music making.

That analogy mcd’s to Izotope doesn’t seem accurate to me. I no longer buy from them since the Iris 2 (down)upgrade and that short period of absurd upgrade pricing. I’ve posted before that it seems that they’ve been taken over by ‘bean counters’, accountants. Still, much of their software is high quality stuff, not mcdonalds sawdust food. I stopped eating that stuff way before i stopped buying Izotope, and there’s still a chance i would buy something from Izotope if they change their ways.
You mean the "new" fresh beef quarter pounder?

Or maybe order from the more expensive "Signature Collection" menu?

I'm personally waiting for the Mc Rib Eye.

audionewsroom wrote:FYI: We have 2 copies of this new plugin up for grabs at ANR. :phones:
To enter simply leave a comment here: https://audionewsroom.net/2018/07/win-i ... ments.html
Thanks for the opportunity! Done. :)
Go MuLab!

CrystalWizard wrote:NE looks like another “instamix” tool. I guess that it will further “democratize” music making.

Remember this is effectively the "Lite" version of Nectar. I guess it's aim is offering you better results, but with less "control". If you want control, you'd just get the full Nectar version.

CrystalWizard wrote:NE looks like another “instamix” tool. I guess that it will further “democratize” music making..
To be fair, one could argue that music making was “democratized” well over a decade & 1/2 ago. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though YMMV...

On the topic of the new NE gui/ux, I absolutely prefer the new stuff. The only thing I hate about the new iZotope gui/ux is that you still cannot resize it. In this day and age of 4K monitors, that's downright painful. And I'm willing to wager money that when iZotope finally do make their gui/ux resizable in Ozone and Neutron, it will be a paid "upgrade". :roll: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
CrystalWizard wrote:NE looks like another “instamix” tool. I guess that it will further “democratize” music making..
To be fair, one could argue that music making was “democratized” well over a decade & 1/2 ago. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though YMMV...
And I'm willing to wager money that when iZotope finally do make their gui/ux resizable in Ozone and Neutron, it will be a paid "upgrade". :roll: :lol:
OT
Yes, it really started with inexpensive guitars, amps, and home computers, that’s why i said further. IMO it’s a double sided issue. It’s great that so many people can express themselves through music now. It also means that there is a lot of mediocre or worse music being offered up. All opinion of course.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
And I'm willing to wager money that when iZotope finally do make their gui/ux resizable in Ozone and Neutron, it will be a paid "upgrade". :roll: :lol:
OT
Yes, it really started with inexpensive guitars, amps, and home computers, that’s why i said further. IMO it’s a double sided issue. It’s great that so many people can express themselves through music now. It also means that there is a lot of mediocre or worse music being offered up. All opinion of course.
To be honest, even record labels put out a lot of crap. Democratisation just means we have much more crap floating around... but much more good stuff too.

Law of averages.

Return to “Effects”