Empirical Labs Arousor is on sale for $149, worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arousor

Hi guys,

If you don't know this, Empirical labs has their Arousor compressor on sale for half of the price. I look through some reviews and they are all very positive. Unfortunately, I may not be able to demo this plugin before the sale ends, so I would really appreciate it if somebody can share some thoughts. Thanks in advance :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

Grab it now!

Waiting for it to be ilok free...

axb312 wrote:Waiting for it to be ilok free...
Ditto.

Bought it at JRR this morning. Finally a price I can justify. Can't wait to use it when I'll be back home.
300 bucks was too high for me but $134 is just right !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIY31lSxWfY

Question: What do you think after carefully listening this comparison?

1. Arousor is not an emulation of the Distressor.
2. In older versions the meter was not correct, got fixed recently.

So 1+2 = any comparisons by settings or meter are moot.

3. Of course he is not going to kill off his hardware product, so...

Alright, I think I will grab this one. However, I am gonna wait for a day or two to see if plugindiscounts.com offers better deal. (Usually, it offers cheapest price among all the dealers) If not, I will give Uncle E some business :phones:
Trance, Trance Is Life

hhuang9611 wrote:Alright, I think I will grab this one. However, I am gonna wait for a day or two to see if plugindiscounts.com offers better deal. (Usually, it offers cheapest price among all the dealers) If not, I will give Uncle E some business :phones:
If you do so, use the "forum" coupon to get it at $134. :wink:

Never going to happen.

Fantastic ITB Compressor, absolute bargain at this price.

Beatworld wrote:Fantastic ITB Compressor, absolute bargain at this price.
What is DC8C than, don't question quality of this plugin, but bargain, not.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

There's too many other good software compressors out there to concern myself with one that requires me to plug a small device in to my machine in order to use it. A device which, by the way, could easily be misplaced or damaged, and using a port that could very well be completely antiquated in five years.

I can't wait until USB is replaced by something (most likely thunderbolt but who can keep up?), and iLok goes belly-up or is sold off to a company who decides to abandon it because it's not profitable. Then everyone and their brother will be scouring the web for cracked versions of their "bargain at any price" software.

EL are a day late and a dollar short to their own party. Arousor is an uninspiring offering by a hardware company who clearly considers software an afterthought, but rushed something to market anyway just so they wouldn't completely miss their own boat.

badass_billy wrote:There's too many other good software compressors out there to concern myself with one that requires me to plug a small device in to my machine in order to use it. A device which, by the way, could easily be misplaced or damaged, and using a port that could very well be completely antiquated in five years.

I can't wait until USB is replaced by something (most likely thunderbolt but who can keep up?), and iLok goes belly-up or is sold off to a company who decides to abandon it because it's not profitable. Then everyone and their brother will be scouring the web for cracked versions of their "bargain at any price" software.

EL are a day late and a dollar short to their own party. Arousor is an uninspiring offering by a hardware company who clearly considers software an afterthought, but rushed something to market anyway just so they wouldn't completely miss their own boat.
I keep hearing that Thunderbolt is going away (Apple is said to be ditching it) and USB-C is going to be taking over. The good news: USB-C is compatible with USB 3 ports, so I don't expect the iLok hardware to suddenly become obsolete.

Back on topic, here's a great Arousor tip: let's say you set your input/output, ratio, attack and release and everything sounds great but you want to really maximize your volume and shave off the peaks. Start increasing the saturation knob until you're kissing the yellow and watch with a PPM meter as the peaks disappear without killing the source and puch. Works great on drums and percussion and will helps improve the perceived loudness of a mix.

This should be the full price cost.

Beatworld wrote:
Never going to happen.

Fantastic ITB Compressor, absolute bargain at this price.
Definitely needs to happen....

Else never going to buy this...and I buy there are a lot of people in the same boat...

Return to “Effects”