Crysonic Spectralive!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wait a minute, is this $25 now? I dont understand!

RonC

If you guys remember Har-Bal went thru something like this when it first came out - strange marketing claims, bad demos, off the wall pricing - till it settled in and seems to be having a fairly respectable existence!

Thanks for the price change BTW - it makes much more sense already!

It was never suppose to be at the price that it was initially advertised, and since we had no (at the moment) way of changing the price instantly (the web pages needed to be updated) we had to leave it as it was mentioned and I do apologies for this however it has now been set at the correct price.

what does that mean?

RonC

rpc9943 wrote:I dont understand!

RonC
:o ooh the suprise....

:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

crysonic wrote:
The price is $82.95 USD not $105 pounds as someone mentioned.

Crysonic Australia
www.crysonic.com
crysonic wrote:
t was never suppose to be at the price that it was initially advertised, and since we had no (at the moment) way of changing the price instantly (the web pages needed to be updated) we had to leave it as it was mentioned and I do apologies for this however it has now been set at the correct price.
If it was never supposed to be advertised at that price how come your initial post here confirmed that price rather than stated that the price on the web page was incorrect? Sorry mate, but it's inconsistencies like these that make people bloody suspicious, & there are just way too many of them here (imo).

wow, 28% idle cpu on a AMD2000+

this better sound good, studio test needed.,

crysonic wrote:when you launch spectralive a new directory should be created with two .sep files in there (we contracted a web development company to do our site).
Can't find thos .SEP files. GlaceVerb for instance has them indeed...

Any experts who can find them?????
----------<>-----------
E.M.O.

crysonic wrote:when you launch spectralive a new directory should be created with two .sep files in there
Strangely, it doesn't create these files.

Could you please explain what this plugin is actually doing? I'm not asking you to give way your exact method, but something along the lines of "it delays a set band of frequencies and boosts etc etc". I'm sorry to say I'm just not feeling the love for "The Spectralive™ process is a novel and proprietary approach for imparting Vitality and warmth to all your audio material."

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the term "snake oil", but any time I see vague exaggerated claims, it's the first thing that comes to mind. I'm sure you're plugin is doing something to the audio as it passes through, I would love to know what that is before I'd ever consider using it.

Thanks,
Steve
Last edited by shamann on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ditto
molenaare wrote:Can't find thos .SEP files.

yep - no .SEP files - it does eat the cpu though.

diverdee wrote:yep - no .SEP files - it does eat the cpu though.
Well, that should be proof enough that it's doing something very cool and valuable. :wink:

A straight answer would be respectable, like:

1. Yes, it's made with synthedit (users research and the KvR ad at the bottom saying "made with synthedit"

2. What IS the correct price? $30 (from the Kvr ad) or $80+ (from your outdated page)

I do remember seeing from the website "patent pending" though I do love the term "snake oil" (thanks for turning me onto that)

Anything over $30 for an SE vst/i better make it the shit.

I don't know how dedicated you are for releasing a high quality product but answers like "it's getting late" and "the web page needs to be updated" (to correct a few spelling errors) doesn't seem as good as straightforward answers.
or at least "I need to sleep" and "I don't know web design"

One thing about the GUI; with the Logic site they have the "String Theory" which, not only is the name and purpose of the synth the same as Ugo's but the GUI is damn similar is well, and I'm not going to knock Ugo (though maybe his came first as well)

This is getting funnier and funnier. Deutche Telekom has a really good on-line phone directory that doesn't require that you know the address of a person or a company that you're looking for. There are hundreds of "<mumble> Studios" and "<mumble> Studios GmBH" listings, but nothing for the "Mixaman Studios" used as a reference on the CrySonic web site. What kind of business goes to the trouble of incorporating ("GmBH"), but doesn't take out a phone number in its own name?

why won't they admit it's synthedit and write that on their website? made with synthedit? I don't get it.

Return to “Effects”