Crysonic Spectralive!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exciter = good filter + harmonic distortion -

so what about ohmforce frohmage, obertone spectrix or luxonix lfx-xxxx ?
aka rktic. demoscener, sound designer, ux-dude, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

doesn't digital fishphones dominion qualify as an exciter/enhancer kind of?

First think is first, Thanks for all your comments and they have been very helpful. We have not asked KVR to post anything about spectralive as it is a new product and we still have a few things to sort out, all I did was to e-mail them regarding their advertising costs and suddenly we have an official press release regarding the product. I do appreciate their effort immensely, (it is public after all) however it would have been nice to be aware of what was being posted up on KVR. It's all good :)

The mp3 examples have obviously been over emphasized (If anyone likes to provide us with better material I would be glad to replace our demo mp3’s, we could not use any material from our beta testers due to some legal restrictions), this was done deliberately, and if you have downloaded the plugin you will see in the manuals that we mention to use any of these types of effects diligently and Spectralive is certainly a less destructive process them some others.

The price is $82.95 USD not $105 pounds as someone mentioned.

The demo has been updated we reduced the volume of the background beep noise as well as increasing the time interval, so I would like to invite anyone who has downloaded the demo to download it again and test spectralive extensively.

The UI was done a long time before logic sculpture was released and there are a lot of other plugins with similar GUI’s but it does look great no?

Spectralive is a Patent "pending" process and you will not find it in a generic patent search..yet

One last thing, we can see how some would think that you can achieve a similar effect just by using an EQ+compressor and I would be more then happy to hear your results. The closest other plugin I can compare spectralive with is probably the PSP vintage warmer but I still think it colorizes the signal a little too much.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Crysonic Australia
www.crysonic.com

sounds good to me:) how can i do my own presets.

crysonic wrote:First think is first, Thanks for all your comments and they have been very helpful. We have not asked KVR to post anything about spectralive as it is a new product and we still have a few things to sort out, all I did was to e-mail them regarding their advertising costs and suddenly we have an official press release regarding the product. I do appreciate their effort immensely, (it is public after all) however it would have been nice to be aware of what was being posted up on KVR. It's all good :)

The mp3 examples have obviously been over emphasized (If anyone likes to provide us with better material I would be glad to replace our demo mp3’s, we could not use any material from our beta testers due to some legal restrictions), this was done deliberately, and if you have downloaded the plugin you will see in the manuals that we mention to use any of these types of effects diligently and Spectralive is certainly a less destructive process them some others.

The price is $82.95 USD not $105 pounds as someone mentioned.

The demo has been updated we reduced the volume of the background beep noise as well as increasing the time interval, so I would like to invite anyone who has downloaded the demo to download it again and test spectralive extensively.

The UI was done a long time before logic sculpture was released and there are a lot of other plugins with similar GUI’s but it does look great no?

Spectralive is a Patent "pending" process and you will not find it in a generic patent search..yet

One last thing, we can see how some would think that you can achieve a similar effect just by using an EQ+compressor and I would be more then happy to hear your results. The closest other plugin I can compare spectralive with is probably the PSP vintage warmer but I still think it colorizes the signal a little too much.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Crysonic Australia
www.crysonic.com
Could you comment on the fact that this plugin is created with synthedit and doesn't use any custom modules (as far a few members tell us). How can a unique patended algoritm being used without custom modules?????

No offend, I think it sounds awesome used in the right way, but a lot of members seem to have the feeling being fooled and your whole story about the algoritm is made up.
----------<>-----------
E.M.O.

yeah, and what about the testimonials on their site.

Second: On their homepage there is a tab:

Quantity price USD
1-2 $24.95
3-6 $21.95
7+ $17.50

So this is an offer for a GROUP BUY ?
Last edited by JonnySun 2.0 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RepeatRepeat wrote:The testimonials at their site seem fake:

H L Alger - Mixaman studios G.m.BH Germany
"We use spectralive on everything period."

Right. What kind of a studio would use this plugin on everything? Either a very crappy one or a non-existent one. Yes, Google knows absolutely nothing about "Mixaman studios". Neither does it know anything about the "Renowned" Australian producer called JC Parker. Maybe they just don't have Google in Germany and Australia?

Then again, I might be wrong about this. Maybe Mixaman's studios really exist somewhere in Germany and they use Spectralive on everything they do...
:lol: he could give me one for free and then he could write: german renowned synth pop band elmodic uses Spectralive on everything 8)
he would at least find me in google
Induljon a banzáj!

molenaare wrote:Could you comment on the fact that this plugin is created with synthedit and doesn't use any custom modules (as far a few members tell us). How can a unique patended algoritm being used without custom modules?????
molenaare, if you're referring to my comment I wasn't questioning the possibility of implementing unique algorithms with SE's standard components - I was questioning what appears to be a blatant lie in the manual about "Multiple pure assembly programmed processes"
contralogic | YouTube | Twitter | Google+

chris_b wrote:
molenaare wrote:Could you comment on the fact that this plugin is created with synthedit and doesn't use any custom modules (as far a few members tell us). How can a unique patended algoritm being used without custom modules?????
molenaare, if you're referring to my comment I wasn't questioning the possibility of implementing unique algorithms with SE's standard components - I was questioning what appears to be a blatant lie in the manual about "Multiple pure assembly programmed processes"
Ok, fair enough. I am not a synthedit user at all and have no experience with it.
----------<>-----------
E.M.O.

Was using the bbe sonic maximizer for a while, and I dont understand the technical stuff behind it but to be honest spectralive sounds as good if not betta. I just got my friend to listen to it and his far from being a prof. muso:) even he could pick out the diff. Still find their testimonials dodgy but I trust what I hear. There is my two cents worth..

welcome to the forum jayman101 :roll:
contralogic | YouTube | Twitter | Google+

i think the price reduction clearly shows that they admit to having wanted to screw the customer in the first place (they also removed the info about the "pure assembly routines" from their site).
they should go away and never come back here with their false information politics . :x

ow my ears! maybe its my behringer truths, but these samples really hurt. I guess I could see how it gets that crisper sparkly sound...

RonC

There is/was nothing on the website regarding the pure assembly routines, it is only in the documentation, it is strange how some people claim that we are not using proprietary code, we are looking at it at the moment but it's getting very late here in Australia:), when you launch spectralive a new directory should be created with two .sep files in there (we contracted a web development company to do our site). As we have mentioned before it was not our intention to launch this product yesterday we were in the middle of testing our ordering process and the website, well we can't do much about that at the moment. The product is also patent "pending" in Australia only, no other place, so I would doubt if you would find any references to it.

These sorts of comments are obviously not what we wanted and it's beyond our control however we will rectify the problem. I personally think it is a great product with a very reasonable price. I would also like to thank all the people who have purchased spectralive.

Cheers
Michael
www.crysonic.com

So Michael, it is indeed synthedit made?

Return to “Effects”