ArtsAcoustic CL Series released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,

after a long time working for various companies, we found it's time to finally concentrate more on our own stuff again. so after more than one year of research and development we're proud to release our new product:

welcome to the ArtsAcoustic CL Series.
the ArtsAcoustic CL Series is a bundle of 3 accurateley analog-modelled photoelectronic dynamic processors, nameley CL-1, CLMS-1 and CLMS-1 XL. they're based on various analog optoelectronic diode tube compressor schematas used during the late 70's up to the mid 80's.

why another vintage compressor/limiter bundle?

there are several other compressor/limiters out in the plugin realm, so what was the reason for us to do dynamic plugins, too? the answer is simple: the sound. while a lot of compressor/limiters claim to give you the true analog sound, we think that there is still room for a lot of improvement. in short: in our opinion it's not done with simply adding a bit of saturation at one place in the signal chain. there's way more to it.

so what was the goal?
our destination was a dynamics processor suite that gives us what we precieve as true analog sound. of course that's subjective. but spending the last 25 years with every compressor we possibly could our hands at, we felt that the sound, while certainly good on some plugins, still isn't what we precieve as analog sound with strong character. so through the last 1 1/2 years we've dissected every rare analog high end compressor/limiter we own or could get our hands on (1176 silverplate, dbx 160, valleypeople dynamite, to name a few). developing the compressors, we didn't stop at just emulating the cirquit structure, but we modelled the crucial parts of the units (transistors, resistors, capacitors, etc) themself, where we felt it was necessary, as only then the desired effects take place. the result was an algorithm that provides the same sound of an analog cirquit, along with all beautiful side effects we love from those old, colourful machines. out of this algorithm the cl series came to life. it is our contribution to get truly musical, analog sound into your digital hosts.

for more details please visit our homepage http://www.artsacoustic.com

we hope you have as much fun with these plugins as we do!
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

this most probably rocks. i'll demo.

Hi guys,

I'm glad I saw that the Christmas' night :love: !

I'm glad that you're getting in the analog-modeling realm.

Will test that asap, and of course, if it's really THAT GOOD, I'll hope you'll take over other effects, like tube gear as EQ and so on...

There is STILL room for improvements on the modeling side of plugins.

Congratulations for the release !

Best,
Jay Key

Still waiting for that phaser... :hihi:

By the way, the link to buy in USD does not work (yet) !

what is the difference between the three products?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:what is the difference between the three products?
rsp
The Mid/Side modes.

ok. thanks

rsp
sound sculptist

Sounds amazing. Beautiful job on this compressor. Kudos for the gui too.

Must...resist...low on...funds...

Feeling. Weaker...

:hihi:

Okay guys,

The plugins crashe my host.

When I inserted the CL-1, I got an error message, and after clicking, no matter the button I click on, the host freezes and crashes, return to windows desktop.

It did it each time I tried to load it.

Here is the screenshot :

Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3 GHz
3 GB DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Samplitude 10

From the samples it sounds good, is there an ETA for Mac?
You are currently reading my signature.

K-Slash wrote:Okay guys,

The plugins crashe my host.

When I inserted the CL-1, I got an error message, and after clicking, no matter the button I click on, the host freezes and crashes, return to windows desktop.

It did it each time I tried to load it.

Here is the screenshot :

Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3 GHz
3 GB DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Samplitude 10
:? K_Slash, thanks for reporting. Could you be a bit more specific? I.e. on what exactly you do? It works like charm here on sam 10, i can't recreate it up to now.

djanthonyw wrote:From the samples it sounds good, is there an ETA for Mac?
Shouldn't be too long, roughly 3-4 weeks, esthimated.

pandashake wrote:Still waiting for that phaser... :hihi:
Yes, we'll be doing thatone too some day. ;)

First I must say these compressor make really sound ! Fantastic !

2 questions:

1.The dry / wet knob seems not to work right. When I switch to dry the signal is still louder compared to the signal when bypassing the plugin.
Should be 1:1 or not ?

2. Will there be a special discount for loyal Arts acoustic users

Return to “Arts Acoustic”