1.6 fail to scan, W7 64 bit pro

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Nick

I uninstalled 1.5.05, then installed x86 & x64 versions of 1.6. Both fail to scan in Sequoia 12.3 (32 & 64 host versions), Reaper latest version (32 bit) and Plogue Bidule (32 bit). As in, I don't get to enter my license code, the plug just fails to pass host scanning in the hosts.

I have my 32 & 64 plugs in seperate folders so it's not a bridging issue.

My system is a purpose built DAW, W7 64 Pro SP1. I've tried reboots etc.

regards.

BTW the uninstaller doesn't remove the program files links.

Hmmm. Uninstalled 1.6 fully and re-installed 1.5.0.5 - same problem (it was fine before). Must be something to do with my system. Are there any library dependencies that could cause this?

thanks

Ok, got 1.5 running again by rebooting, and running the install as Administrator. Don't ask me why. SO I'm back in business (literally).

Went through the whole 1.5 uninstall, and 1.6 install again with the result as in the first post. Would love to get to the bottom of this.

regards,

Same problem here, W7 64 Pro. Was not having any issues with 1.5, but 1.6 crashes Reaper on scan and then simply won't show up. Doesn't load in my other DAW (FL) either. Just letting you know you're not alone. I sent a ticket to the AAR guys and they said they're looking into it.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Same here with Cubase 7.0.2

E.
Eitan Teomi, Composer/Sound Designer
-
www.handheldsound.com | extremely sampled!

for me x32 1.6 DEMO failed to scan on reaper 0.999, Ableton 9.0.2 x86, FL studio 10.10, reaper 4.32 x86 on WIN 7 x86 SP1.
"AAR*.dll isnt a valid VST Plugin" i get with tobybear minihost for example - the other DAWs are just overscanning it.

any ideas? works fine on Winxp SP3 x86 inside reaper 4.32 and Ableton 8.4.

on the desktop computer i have (win7 enterprise x64) running Ableton 9.0.2 and FL studio 10.10 im getting the same for the demo - its just simply overscanned.
both x32 and x64.

forgot to add its on an AMD QL62(Griffin) and on the AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb(x86 and x64 not working.

looking forward to the demo fix.
Last edited by Ameyah Audio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Guys,
sorry for the inconvenience, this seems to be a compiler issue to be set up correctly on our side. The compiler seems to exclude some cpus from optimisation, so for some processors the dll compiled is faulty. We personally checked on various systems and did a betatest with quite some users for weeks, but sadly thisone seemed to slip under the radar, noone was reporting this issue, so none of our testers obviously had this issue, including us.
However, we're on the bug with highest priority, so within next week latest, there should be a new, update fixing this problem.
In the meantime, rolling back to version 1.5 is safe to do, this version should work flawlessly, just as before.
Again sorry, we're hard on it and will press out the update as soonest as ever possible. I hate showstoppers. Damned. :?
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

I feel your pain. Thanks for letting us know.

My issue is that while it is visible from Cubase SX3 on a PC running XP Service Pack 3 it loads as a blanked out GUI. At no time did it request the serial number.

I'm assuming your fix will cover that but if not and you see this then I'd be grateful if it could be added to the check list. thanks
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

yes, got the same problem with reaper and win7x64. The only solution is to roll back to 1.5 version. Uninstall 1.6, install 1.5, before you launch your DAW, copy your 1.5 key to buffer, then start and enjoy good old 1.5 version!

I have the same problem trying to get AAR 1.6 to work on my pc with VE pro but it works completely fine with my mac also I can't go back to version 1.5 cause I don't have that download or the key file seeing that I just bought it

regards,

I can also confirm host rejection with Cubase 7.0.3 and WL7.2.1 on Win7 x64, plugins installed in 32bit.

It's on the blacklist there.

Rig is an Intel i7 920.

Due to a HDD failure, I only have v1.6 now, but then again - it's no showstopper for me as I haven't used AAR in a while.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

any progress here? i want to test the AAR 1.6 demo and decide if i wanna buy it.
8)

Trancestorm wrote:any progress here? i want to test the AAR 1.6 demo and decide if i wanna buy it.
8)
We're on it, but have to communicate with testers as we can't reproduce the bug here, which takes its time. So, no promises, but we hope to get it sorted out soon. Anyway, I'm sure you won't regret a purchase ;-)
kind regards, timo

timo at artsacoustic wrote:
Trancestorm wrote:any progress here? i want to test the AAR 1.6 demo and decide if i wanna buy it.
8)
We're on it, but have to communicate with testers as we can't reproduce the bug here, which takes its time. So, no promises, but we hope to get it sorted out soon. Anyway, I'm sure you won't regret a purchase ;-)
alright thank you for the fast answer! :wink:

timo at artsacoustic wrote:
8)
Hi
I own Acoustic Reverb - when you released the upgrade I deleted and upgraded - of course it will not work at all in Windows 7 64 bit - I use Sonar X1 and X2 64 bit.
So at the moment I have lost the use of your product totally. WHEN are you going to release a working version? I would like to know please
Nigel
Our new Album " My Blood Runs Cold"
www.devinelie.com
Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Return to “Arts Acoustic”