suggestions/feature requests

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

suggestions and feature requests go in here.
please only one feature request per topic.
please try to explain why you might need this.
please, name a feature request: FR
and a suggestion: SUG
however, please be aware that we are not commiting in general to realize them.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

FR: "gate reverb" and "reverse gate"

why a need :

1) nothing actually that can really be compared with even many basic hardware effects
( look at SPX90 from yamaha, released around 1985, for example ! )

2)...to be as well considered as...
SUG : ...these effects have NEVER been syncable to a host program by now as much as i know !!!

-What do you think ?
-sounds crazy or sensible by your dev side, tell me ( ...tell us ) ?

:love: :idea: :?:

Krakatau wrote:FR: "gate reverb" and "reverse gate"

why a need :

1) nothing actually that can really be compared with even many basic hardware effects
( look at SPX90 from yamaha, released around 1985, for example ! )
something like this is allready possible.
use the spread/decay for that. with spread, do the gate like, with attack you can blend in the reverbsignal. the only thing that might not be like a gated reverb is, that the tail doesn`t fall off _that_imediately. but it`s worth a try.

Krakatau wrote:2)...to be as well considered as...
SUG : ...these effects have NEVER been syncable to a host program by now as much as i know !!!

-What do you think ?

cannot say if it can be implemented right now.
will have to check this.

nick at artsacoustic wrote:
Krakatau wrote:"]2)...to be as well considered as...

-What do you think ?

cannot say if it can be implemented right now.
will have to check this.
Don't worry too much because, though i would love it, i can easily imagine that it would be really big pain to implement this because it has nothing to do with a delay or a pre-delay sync-to-host implementation ( as much as i can understand of the developping aspect of the problem )

It would completely depend on purely subjective judgements about a feeling of synchronicity that in itself needs the choice of appropriate parameters limited to a significant area on that purpose ( you follow me, i hope my english is clear enough ? sorry if not !)

I tried to do something approaching with Bram' s freeware "bouncy" that has a sync fonction ( U know, the guy from smartelectronix ! ) that looks more or less like a multitap delay/early reflection unit... but realise that it do not handle different host's tempi from the one choosen for the original patch such well on that purpose

...and it simply cannot tolerate ANY tempo changes !
So i suppose that if there would be some chances to see it implemented in your reverb, this last options should be simply excluded !

Love the GUI and the general cosmetic look in general! One thing that would be nice is the tan/brown theme you are going with could be changed (or skinned even) to other shades - say blue/navy or gray/black, etc...

Cinemascore wrote:Love the GUI and the general cosmetic look in general! One thing that would be nice is the tan/brown theme you are going with could be changed (or skinned even) to other shades - say blue/navy or gray/black, etc...
thanks for your tip.
we have indeed thought about making it skinnable, but we
got away from that, as a lot of things wouldn`t have been possible to do then, at least not so easy.
as for the brown:
that is (and stays) a part of our corporate identity,
so we probably won`t change that.
also i must say that _i_ particulary love that colour scheme. :D

Nick,

Totally respect that; didn't know if that was in your future plans or not.

I've been very impressed by the demo, and I would be using it for orchestral film music. I thought I needed true like sounding reverb until I recorded my first big score at Fox’s Newman Stage here in Los Angeles. After finding out that today’s film scores are 90% ARTIFICAL reverberated (by Lex, AMS & TC “big boy” reverbs right there in the control room) this changed my mind totally about it. And you know – having been using various “computation” reverbs lately with MODULATED tails, I’m beginning to hear real similarities to “that” sound I hear on the scoring stage.

I've been in the market for a good reverb, preferably realtime VST (I run Cubase SX) that's semi-low on the CPU (convolution is out) AND true zero latency (PowerCore/UAD-1/Creamware cards are out). I was seriously looking at Roomverb 2.2, and also the new Spazio (but DirectX only right now), but I am considering your creation as the one to buy – because it SOUNDS the best to me for the type of music that I’m doing.

OK, enough about that. Nick, may I ask what exactly does your license state on the number of computers that your product can run on at once?

Cinemascore wrote:Nick,
I've been very impressed by the demo, and I would be using it for orchestral film music. I thought I needed true like sounding reverb until I recorded my first big score at Fox’s Newman Stage here in Los Angeles. After finding out that today’s film scores are 90% ARTIFICAL reverberated (by Lex, AMS & TC “big boy” reverbs right there in the control room) this changed my mind totally about it. And you know – having been using various “computation” reverbs lately with MODULATED tails, I’m beginning to hear real similarities to “that” sound I hear on the scoring stage.

I've been in the market for a good reverb, preferably realtime VST (I run Cubase SX) that's semi-low on the CPU (convolution is out) AND true zero latency (PowerCore/UAD-1/Creamware cards are out). I was seriously looking at Roomverb 2.2, and also the new Spazio (but DirectX only right now), but I am considering your creation as the one to buy – because it SOUNDS the best to me for the type of music that I’m doing.

OK, enough about that. Nick, may I ask what exactly does your license state on the number of computers that your product can run on at once?
at first: thank you for the honour.
second:
you purchase a full version for:
vst pc, vst mac, au mac.
you have the full right to install them on every computer that you own. of course, if you rent some days in another studio to finish youir work, you are allowed to install your reverb on their computer, as long you are working with it there.

Nick,

Thanks for your answer - to get "that" sound I was speaking of earlier, I'm currently calculating 16(!) realtime VST reverbs right now in my template across 6 PCs and 1 Mac. The Arts Acoustic Demo was nearly identical in terms of CPU load compared to my current reverb setup, so I'm happy to see that.

One last question for you: any chance of a surround (quad or 5.0/5.1) variant in the future?

Cinemascore wrote:Nick,

Thanks for your answer - to get "that" sound I was speaking of earlier, I'm currently calculating 16(!) realtime VST reverbs right now in my template across 6 PCs and 1 Mac. The Arts Acoustic Demo was nearly identical in terms of CPU load compared to my current reverb setup, so I'm happy to see that.

One last question for you: any chance of a surround (quad or 5.0/5.1) variant in the future?
this is not on the plan for the next time.
we concentrate on another product right now which
costs all our power.
but who knows what happens inthe future. :)

One small suggestion would be to have AAR not reset both the ‘dry’ and ‘wet’ knobs every time a new preset is selected. I defaults to dry = 0 which is OK if the plug-in is being used as a ‘send’, but as an insert, one has to crank up the dry knob on every preset change. Spinaudio’s Roomverb V2 (not comparing, Nick!) has two buttons to solve this issue in its reverb: “INS” for use as an insert effect, and “SND” as a send effect.

The other thing I was thinking about when testing the demo last night was: Any possibility of a mono in – mono out version of AAR? Meaning, that only one channel would be calculating to save on CPU? Would be nice in applications such as: emulation of an old mono plate reverb on a vocal or using it over a “vintage” context instrument. The other thought I had for it for my work in surround would stereo instances both for front left & right and surround left & right (both with slightly different tuned reverb parameters) and one mono instance inserted on the center channel (calculating just mono for that).

Cinemascore wrote:One small suggestion would be to have AAR not reset both the ‘dry’ and ‘wet’ knobs every time a new preset is selected. I defaults to dry = 0 which is OK if the plug-in is being used as a ‘send’, but as an insert, one has to crank up the dry knob on every preset change. Spinaudio’s Roomverb V2 (not comparing, Nick!) has two buttons to solve this issue in its reverb: “INS” for use as an insert effect, and “SND” as a send effect.
we might find a way for this in future, as we have thought of this, too.
but don`t nail us on this statement ;).

Cinemascore wrote:The other thing I was thinking about when testing the demo last night was: Any possibility of a mono in – mono out version of AAR? Meaning, that only one channel would be calculating to save on CPU? Would be nice in applications such as: emulation of an old mono plate reverb on a vocal or using it over a “vintage” context instrument. The other thought I had for it for my work in surround would stereo instances both for front left & right and surround left & right (both with slightly different tuned reverb parameters) and one mono instance inserted on the center channel (calculating just mono for that).
there are free plugins for for switching a stereo signal to mono i think i remember, i don`t remember where to find them, though.
but i`m sure you`ll find some them by a search here on kvr.
however, i will check if it can be done in our reverb. don`t know when this will happen, though.

there are free plugins for for switching a stereo signal to mono i think i remember, i don`t remember where to find them, though.
but i`m sure you`ll find some them by a search here on kvr.
however, i will check if it can be done in our reverb. don`t know when this will happen, though.
yeah. I know you can do that, I was thinking of a true mono version that calculates _one_ channel (instead of summing the stereo one into mono) purely for saving CPU cycles even further. :)

Return to “Arts Acoustic”