suggestions/feature requests

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinemascore wrote: yeah. I know you can do that, I was thinking of a true mono version that calculates _one_ channel (instead of summing the stereo one into mono) purely for saving CPU cycles even further. :)
why did i know you`d come up with that? :D
indeed, good idea, though.
i`ll check that.
if it will happen, i`ll drop a message here.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

nick at artsacoustic wrote:
Cinemascore wrote:The other thing I was thinking about when testing the demo last night was: Any possibility of a mono in – mono out version of AAR? Meaning, that only one channel would be calculating to save on CPU? Would be nice in applications such as: emulation of an old mono plate reverb on a vocal or using it over a “vintage” context instrument. The other thought I had for it for my work in surround would stereo instances both for front left & right and surround left & right (both with slightly different tuned reverb parameters) and one mono instance inserted on the center channel (calculating just mono for that).
there are free plugins for for switching a stereo signal to mono i think i remember, i don`t remember where to find them, though.
but i`m sure you`ll find some them by a search here on kvr.
however, i will check if it can be done in our reverb. don`t know when this will happen, though.
dfx monomaker (look at quick effect link...)

Small point, but the factory presets are all 100% wet for Send effects. This makes it difficult to demo them as insert effects. The paramater editor box for Dry level has Min= negative infinity, Max = +6. The default is also neg infinity, which is a waste of that button. If it could default to 0db, that would make it a lot easier to turn a Send preset into an Insert preset.

Ideally - a Dry on/off override button would allow all the presets to be saved as Insert Effects (Dry at 0dB) and we could just turn off the dry sound when using as a Send effect.

FR: A quick "Solo/(or Mute)" button for Dry and Wet signal would be nice.

PeterL wrote:FR: A quick "Solo/(or Mute)" button for Dry and Wet signal would be nice.
i`ve been thinking about thatone, too.
maybe in a future update.

FR: Any chance of getting a "Sync Predelay to host"-button some day ?

PeterL wrote:FR: Any chance of getting a "Sync Predelay to host"-button some day ?
we`ve checked this on a request before, but there`s no easy way to implement this, so no, not in near future.
maybe we`ll find a way later on. :oops:

Is there a possibility to add MIDI CC control to some or all of AAR's parameters?

My situation is I would like to automate a few of AAR's parameters on remote my computers over the straight MIDI connection. Being setup in a remote capacity like they are, at the moment, I can only automate the AARs on my main machine (within Cubase) only. I use Steinberg's V-Stack on my remote machines hosting the remote AARs in my rig. I have played a little bit with V-Stack's "Generic Remote" faciity - but as far as I can see, it can only assign its own mixer controls and few other things under direct MIDI control (via CC method). If AAR has direct MIDI CC control to itself, I could 'talk' directly to each AAR, regardless of the host's capabilities (or lack thereof).

Thanks!

I'd also like to see user-defined MIDI CC added in - it's critical in any VST instrument/plug - especially at this price! REALLY sounds nice tho!

Just tried the demoversion, as I'm still searching for a algorithmic reverb. Pretty nice sound. But it has one KO-criteria:

Tweaking knobs/sliders causes the host-gui (I'm using Reaper here) to freeze. Very bad. I really can't buy plugins which show this behaviour.

Any plans to fix this?

More information about this problem(s) here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=2

FIXED (REAPER 1.810)
Last edited by Dandruff on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

we will try to get a reaper version for testing, please be patient a little more. i will post on this issue as soon as we tested this, ok?

ok. but i think this isn't a reaper-only problem. at least other plugins i've tried always had this problem in other hosts too (energyxt, nuendo and so on) ...

it happens with plugins which use the vstgui stuff from the steinberg sdk ...

here our reverb runs perfectly on xt (1.3.6 and 1.4 beta), cubase sx (2x, 3x and 4, mac and pc),nuendo (2x and above), logic pc 5.5.1, logic mac osx (all versions au version), sonar 5 and higher, samplitude (8 and higher).

however, we soon will recieve a copy of reaper, we'll test and let the results show up here in this thread.
please be patient a bit. :)

to all:
can anyone reproduce this problem on reaper?

nick at artsacoustic wrote:here our reverb runs perfectly on xt (1.3.6 and 1.4 beta), cubase sx (2x, 3x and 4, mac and pc),nuendo (2x and above), logic pc 5.5.1, logic mac osx (all versions au version), sonar 5 and higher, samplitude (8 and higher).
you still see the levelmeters of the host moving while tweaking a knob in artacoustic reverb? that's what i meant with "freeze".

FIXED (REAPER 1.810)
Last edited by Dandruff on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ok nick, seems reaper didn't support a certain vst-feature. this is fixed now in the latest version!

REAPER 1.810
vst: support for plug-ins that require audioMasterIdle

another question:

in "high quality" mode the reverb doesn't use the host's samplerate? because in the manual you wrote:

By using Quality you can adjust the sampling rate the reverb should use for internal processing. Currently two frequencies are available: 44.1 and 22.05 kHz.

so it doesn't use 48kHz or 96kHz for example if your project is running at that samplerate?

and another suggestion:

you should hide the mouse-pointer when clicking a fader/knob. see voxengo or ohmforce plugins for example. there you still can drag a knob even if the mouse reached the border of your screen ...

Return to “Arts Acoustic”