user preset exchange notifyer thread

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,

this is the thread where you should drop a note for other users when you are uploading user patches.
please zip, rar (pc) or stuff (mac)the presets.
please add here to your info post :

-pc or mac (even the presets are crossplatform, there might be different unpacking behaviours)
-what you made the presets for (the more detailled, the better)
-how many presets you included.

please go here to upload:

http://www.kvraudio.com/bank.php

maybe it`s best to categorize the presets.
share! :)
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Hi,

I've created some presets for the AA Reverb but I think the procedure to upload is a bit convoluted so I'll just link these on my site.

Download bManic's presets here. (.rar packed)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Hi bmanic,

first impressions: quite nice!

cheers,
LiteOn

Hi bmanic,

I just have put my kick drum through one of your ambience presets. Especially "Natural Ambience" is great!

You may ask for what?
Yeah, currently I'm after to make a trance track having the sound asthetics Paul van Dyk is known fore (PvD is a well known DJ/Producer in this scene). One thing that was (and still is) always amazing me is the sound of its kick drums. They have punch (ok, that's a basic requirement), but they always sound a sort of airy - which makes them prominent in the mix but leave space for the rest. I always wondered how he do that. Feeding them through a suited ambience might be one of the tricks. At least I do hear I've made a huge step further towards this sound ideal...Just wanted to let you know.

cheers,
LiteOn

Hi,

I've been trying to find the Brok Landers presets which were part of the huge Reverb Shootout thread. Anyone got 'em?

LiteOn commented somewhere that the included presets aren't the greatest and what sold it for him were the Brok Landers presets. I'm in -exactly- the same position. I -think- AAR can sound how I want it to, but I can't figure out how to get there.

Thanks,

---JC

Hi,
Suntower wrote:Hi,
I've been trying to find the Brok Landers presets which were part of the huge Reverb Shootout thread. Anyone got 'em?
you're slightly excessive, aren't you? ;-)

I have it right here, but don't have any space for upload. Maybe the following screenshot[*] of the FXP (it's just one!) will help to relieve your pressure a bit (Brok, I assume you don't mind).

Suntower wrote: LiteOn commented somewhere that the included presets aren't the greatest and what sold it for him were the Brok Landers presets. I'm in -exactly- the same position. I -think- AAR can sound how I want it to, but I can't figure out how to get there.
May I do a slight correction, I wrote "Well, it sounded ok - but some distance away from what I was expecting from the demos..", and somewhat later "... as I learned that a reverb some kind of "resonates" to its input". Plain: I was simply too much hurrying and underestimated the importance of the input feeded into a reverberator. Actually, I've come to recognize that the factory presets provide a well-balanced mix of starting points for further tweaking!

cheers,
LiteOn

[edit]*: every setting at one glance - I'm still sold on that GUI concept!

Thanks for doing that. If I put words in your mouth, I apologise. I should therefore say that -I- find the CSR presets a lot more impressive. Perhaps, you're right. There are many products (synths and guitar FX pedals come to mind) that have presets which make an immediate splash. But then you realise later that they aren't very useful. My sense is that AAR is just the opposite---the included presets don't knock me out, but I keep thinking that the product -can- do what we want it to. That's why I keep going on about presets from more knowledgeable users.

I hope someone will make Brok's presets available since, apparently, several people found them to do the trick.

Regards,

---JC

PS: We're sold on the GUI as well. The best I've seen in this type of product.

Hi JC,
Suntower wrote:Thanks for doing that. If I put words in your mouth, I apologise.
no offense taken! It's just because we're here in AA's homeland and I wanted to avoid any misunderstandings...

Suntower wrote: I should therefore say that -I- find the CSR presets a lot more impressive. Perhaps, you're right.
Now, that is really funny. I do also have the CSR, and my first impression when running through the factory presets were nothing different. :wink:
Suntower wrote: There are many products (synths and guitar FX pedals come to mind) that have presets which make an immediate splash. But then you realise later that they aren't very useful. My sense is that AAR is just the opposite---the included presets don't knock me out, but I keep thinking that the product -can- do what we want it to. That's why I keep going on about presets from more knowledgeable users.
Now, we got to the point. The famous one trick ponies! I can tell you from my (very humble) experience, the AAR is right the opposite. It has clearly become my goto reverb. Don't get me wrong, the CSR is anything but bad sounding. No, it sounds great as well, and when I'm after a special sort of sound I always go for it first. Eg., I do like and use some of the room algo/presets very much on things like snares, sticks, claps etc. to thicken them up. And yes, there will be some CSR settings which (hardly) can't be copied by AAR. But the AAR simply provides access to so many different great sounding spaces. And when it comes to make those fit into the mix, I experienced this is often much easier accomplished with the AAR. So, most of the times I use the AAR (even on top of the CSR). I think, CSR is a good addendum to AAR.
Suntower wrote: I hope someone will make Brok's presets available since, apparently, several people found them to do the trick.
JC, just enlarge the screenshot by opening it in another browser window/tab and copy the values! There is no more relevant information in the FXP-File. It's a matter of roughly one minute (in fact, that's the way I did it first before the FXP-file was put online by brok)!

cheers,
LiteOn

here are 2 presets a lot of users we're requesting.
they're from the famous "csr - pants down" thread ...
enjoy!

the_long_one
Lexi_224_declared

i'll keep them online as long as i can, though i don't guarantee that the links will be valid forever ...

disclaimer:
i did _not_ declare the "Lexi_224_declared" preset to be sounding like a 224, that we're other users which mentioned in that thread, that this must be a l224.
for better indentification of the prestes i just named the preset, that was declared by some users to sound like an l224, that way.

@liteon:
no, of course i don't ... ;)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Thanks Brok.

Hopefully this gives me what I need to make the right decision.

[RANT]
BTW: Although it hasn't come up, the question 'why not get both?' may come to mind.

It's not about the money---frankly these are both small change compared with other expenses.

But speaking just -me-, I choose to only have one. We've been completely happy with our current reverb toys EXCEPT for the absence of a decent Lexicon-style VST. As nice as they are, the convolution 'verbs just don't ring my bell. So I decided to search for something in that vein which led me here.

I know a lot of guys can never have enough 'choices', but I am not one of these. The idea of sifting through dozens of eqs or comps or whatevers is not my idea of fun. I'd much rather have -one- go-to device in each category that I know inside and out and that I -really- like and make that work. Just like we used to do before DAWs.

That's what I find so attractive about AAR --- the GUI is just about perfect for the way I like to work. No hokey 'vintage' junk taking up valuable screen space. Everything is clean and precise. Clearly a lot of thought when into the usability.
[/RANT]

Now, I'm off to play with these presets and make a decision. Even if I don't choose AAR now, I will definitely bookmark their site for a future purchase.

Thanks to all for all the help!

Best,

---JC

Hi,

Sadly, I gotta say that AAR just doesn't sound as smooth to me as CSR. I'm not saying that to be a pain. It's -maddening- to me because I can -hear- that it should be possible to get what I'm after, but I just can't figure out how to do it with the parameters on screen. So I guess I'm asking for some help.

My main problem is that, I can't get a -small- hall that has a nice shimmery sound with a smooth (but not too long) tail. Every time I try I end up getting a sound that's either ---way--- too long (in order to get the smooth tail) -or- has a gated sound with a very abrupt decay.

If anyone can let me know what I'm doing wrong, I'd be -very- grateful. Again, not to sound snotty, but the CSR default program 'Small Hall' is what I'm after. Unfortunately, the parameters in CSR vs. AAR are just different enough that I can't simply map one onto the other.

Sorry for being a pain. Just trying to learn.

Thanks,

---JC

not to bug you off, but if that csr preset is what you're after, why don't you use it? makes no sense to emulate the csr if you already have it ...
do with the aar what the aar can do, and use the csr for the complementary stuff ...
just my 2 cents ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I'm trying to learn how to use AAR. As I said above (I admit it's longwinded). I'm simply not going to buy both products. So I'm trying as best I can to see if AAR can do what I need.

So, to that end, here is a short audio clip using the CSR demo which is the default program. I want to emulate that sound in AAR as best I can. Could someone please listen to it and suggest how to set AAR for this kind of sound?

www.suntowermusic.com/csr-hall.mp3

FWIW: Here are the settings in CSR
In Image: 34 degrees
Predelay: 20ms
Rvrb Time: 1.5 sec
Size: 10.5m
Diffusion: 22%
Buildup: 63%
Dispersion: 16%
Low Time: 1.1X
High Freq Damp: 8.2khz, 12db

As I said before, I've tried copying these into AAR and the effect is definitely not the same. So, hopefully I can get some instruction on this.

Thanks again.

---JC
brok landers wrote:not to bug you off, but if that csr preset is what you're after, why don't you use it? makes no sense to emulate the csr if you already have it ...
do with the aar what the aar can do, and use the csr for the complementary stuff ...
just my 2 cents ...

Return to “Arts Acoustic”