No bass left in room

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I am using VXT8 in a room under the roof, and I think no bass is left. Could it be the room?
The room is 4x7 meters, 45 degree side walls from top to bottom angular. Also the front of the room is angular. On the back, stairways are going down and the wall is also angular.
There are wood trusses in the room, too.

I have to add +10db at lowfreq 40-110 Hz via my soundcard EQ to have "normal" bass through my monitors.

Can you confirm maybe this is due to the room being angular all over;
Since so much bass is "lost", do I need bass traps; or: is it generally good or bad acoustics? I think it is fine, only the bass is missing ;-)

Would maybe a subwoofer like KRK 10s or 12s be useful in this setup?

(Hope this is the correct forum category, did not find any better)

Thanks alot
Cheers

Angular roms are difficult to manage. They do have their own characteristics, as every other room, but it's unlikley to tell without exact simulation. Also, no one knows what will happen if you move stuff around.

For that reason all the music studios are rectangular - people just know how to manage them.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Production Techniques”