Share your shortcircuit sampler techniques here!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MaliceX, here's how to remove the annoying "Sample not found" popup :

1). If this bug appears in a group file, load the group, point to the right samples, then save the group (overwrite) in its existing name. What this does is that it makes the sample path to be "$relative/samples folder/C2.wav" and thats what you want. You don't want an absolute data path. You want relative, always.

2). If this bug appears in multis its slightly more complicated. First, load the multi, ignore the loading query. See what groups are required for the multi to function. See what samples those groups require (if you open the multi file in notepad, you can see this under filename), locate those samples and copy them to the folder in which the multi sits. Now, close everything and load the multi again. It should work. If it doesn't recreate the multi by loading the appropriate groups and saving it as a multi again.

In summary, you should always have relative path, and regardless of groups or multis, ALL the required samples should be in the same folder as the respective groups/multis.

Hope that helps.

YO!!! anybody still alive with some knowledge about ShortCircuit 2 ????

When I load my sample in lets say C3 how can I make the sample to be played in all pitches not just C3 /??????

DELETED

Holy crap was this thread a goldmine or what ? I thought i had SC1 pretty much figured out by now but there was tons tricks i had no idea it could do.

Hello,

is there a way to stop the playpack of a sample by triggering another sample? I want to stop playback of my samples 'HiHat_opened' by triggering samples 'HiHat_close'. With sfz op-codes this can be achieved with "group" and "off_by". So is there a way to achieve this in SC?

Sorry when this was explained before. Thanks for any help.

Kudos to you Keyman_Sam, but you got some pretty good contributors too.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zacki wrote:Hello,

is there a way to stop the playpack of a sample by triggering another sample? I want to stop playback of my samples 'HiHat_opened' by triggering samples 'HiHat_close'. With sfz op-codes this can be achieved with "group" and "off_by". So is there a way to achieve this in SC?

Sorry when this was explained before. Thanks for any help.
Assuming you're using SC1, look in the 'voice mode' section and set the choke group there.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:Assuming you're using SC1, look in the 'voice mode' section and set the choke group there.
Thank you very much. I found it in the moment you typed your answer. That's it :)

When I load up Vienna strings in Halion, I can change between different sets of samples (say (violins stac or sus or pic) but hitting a particular 0 octave key. So C0 would select one sample set, d0 would select another. Is there a way to do this (map a key to select a sample set) in SC?

I'm on a Mac. Do I want V1 or V2?

Hey KVR's

I've been messing around with SC for like a month now and I have a question.. :help:

..does anyone here, assuming it is possible which by now I already think it isnt :shock: ,know how to play a sample in a higher key without affecting the tempo?..I've been looking everywhere for an answer and trying numerous things but without any luck..so that's why i decided to stop lurking and actually ask you guys.

R123M wrote:Hey KVR's

..does anyone here, assuming it is possible which by now I already think it isnt :shock: ,know how to play a sample in a higher key without affecting the tempo?..
AFAIK, SC is not able to do timestretching/pitchshifting.

lunatic wrote:
R123M wrote:Hey KVR's

..does anyone here, assuming it is possible which by now I already think it isnt :shock: ,know how to play a sample in a higher key without affecting the tempo?..
AFAIK, SC is not able to do timestretching/pitchshifting.

Sure thing mate..afaik it does not. That's why I asked here..maybe someone knows a ninja-style way to do it :hihi:

If you use REAPER, use the ReaPitch plugin and automate it. :P

Hello Everybody!

I am knew to this shortcircuit sampler (and new to the world of samplers/sampling), but I want to learn!

So I would like to know that is there any way to create keyswitches or something similar in shortcircuit?

I've sampled my electric guitar, and sampled 2 different kind of articulation, I would like to merge them, and I want to use keyswitches or something like that.
How shortcircuit does this thing?

Thank you for your help!

Everybody have a nice day!

(Sound Galaxy)

Return to “Production Techniques”