where can i learn to make this kinds of pads or midrange sounds?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

its madeons remix of raise your weapon(you prob heard already)

http://youtu.be/HuC2MUmQaG4

anyway, i want to know how to make those sounds like every time the kick hits theres this synth sound which seems pretty standard in alot of electronic dance music.i already have my drums and lead sounds figured out and i want to incorporate these kind of sounds in my music.messing around on my synth doesnt really get me anywhere even tweaking presets it just sounds somehow too slow non energetic and emotoinless.i work in logic9 express

If you want it to sound big, try to cover the full frequency spectrum.
There's the fundamental bass note which completes the pad chords and makes them sound phatt. Also the kick still sounds punchy because there's a sidechain compressor (short release) on the pad and bassline.
I also think there are 2 or more layers of pad combined.
...hope that helped.

If you want more precise feedback, upload a snippet of your work. :)

ok thanks i will try all these..one thing i still wanted to know was if theres something people do to make pads sound like they are going faster (kind of hard to explain).i understand that if you play a chord and then sidechain a kickdrum to it the pad doesnt sound as stagnant so is there anything else you can do?

You have to adjust the sidechain compressor. The "traditional" Call on Me setup has a longer release time (let's say 70-80ms). That guy Madeon used a short release time (10-30ms) and maybe a higher treshold, so it's compressed less (maybe 3-6 dB). What you also can do to make the effect less obvious is to adjust the dry/wet percentage. The less wet(processed) signal, the less obvious the effect.
I hope that's what your question was about. :)

Return to “Production Techniques”