Too much?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Always make an A/B comparison, switch the effects off and listen if it sounds better...

Tricky-Loops wrote:Always make an A/B comparison, switch the effects off and listen if it sounds better...
One of the reasons I came to like Waves stuff - A/B testing is built into every plugin in a clever way. I never knew I missed that before I got it.

Just getting the right amount - bypass on/off is too much to decide the subtle differences - for plugins having settings that is. If it was Satin that had no settings.

If saturation becomes obvious on every track
warm+warm+warm=blur
kind of.

I don't trust these plugins to do well cascading that much. Not the cheapest anyway. There are reasons that some plugins cost more - algorithms are better. Some can do decent job on a single instrument - but cannot do masterbus full mix.

I dunno. I've heard people with great tools suck and people with stock crap do great. I'm certainly no expert when I comes to hard core mixing. I quite like waves, but I quite like a lot of lower priced stuff too (and some freebies)

That reminds me (and maybe a little off topic) but you ever noticed how in these "tutorials" and how they frequently sound like ass? :lol:

hibidy wrote: That reminds me (and maybe a little off topic) but you ever noticed how in these "tutorials" and how they frequently sound like ass? :lol:
I've seen some video promotion from Waves stuff - and it sucks.

Everytime they are about to do A/B - they're blabbing like 5-10s in between they switch - like CLA Classic compressors videos I saw.

To really hear a difference it got to be instant - and just say "now" or something when switching - and back and forth a couple of times.

Return to “Production Techniques”