Any de-esser plugin advise- how to reduce SSS

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
I have recently had a vocal recorded for me and it sounds really great for the most part, but certain words that use the leter S and some of the words that have the word T such as tell are a bit over pronounced and jump out.
Do I need a De-esser of some description? Any De-esser plugin on a budget recommendations?
What can I do about the T's that jump out?

Cheers,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Lisp by Sleepy Time Records is a good deesser with a friendly price:

http://sleepytimedsp.com/software/lisp

Or the old free Spitfish:

http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.p ... &subItem=5

Or every good multiband-compressor if you want to become an expert in de-essing... :hihi:

Just downloaded the Sleepytime lisp and WOW it's worked right away with just a very few tweaks, thanks for that. Will make a donation to him.
Now if only they made a plugin that fixed mixdowns with just a few tweaks :)
Cheers mate.
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

synthmagic wrote:Just downloaded the Sleepytime lisp and WOW it's worked right away with just a very few tweaks, thanks for that. Will make a donation to him.
Now if only they made a plugin that fixed mixdowns with just a few tweaks :)
Cheers mate.
Steve
Then you had the right "ss" sounds. I tested it some time ago and it didn't attenuate the "ss" sounds completely. Maybe because I'm Bavarian and we have special "ss" and "ß"... :hihi:

It works beautifully :) . It has really sorted the T's out and I know nothing about de-essing and just twirled the dials until it did what I wanted . The T's in words like 'tell' used to jump out attack my ears lol. I used one of those online vocal sites and they charge for retakes and everything was fine(really nice in fact) apart from a few SSS and TT's .
I did use a bit of automation on volume for the beginning of SSSS which helped too.
Cheers,
Steve

Return to “Production Techniques”