Noob question about distortion

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys I know this must be a really simple sound to make because i hear it in so many tracks but i just don't know how distortion is used to get this kind of sound? No matter what i try it doesn't sound anything like it. Is there some kind of technique to make it sound this way? Thanks :)

https://soundcloud.com/unseendimensions ... ime-unseen

Sound is at 0.54, and occurs again many times during the track. (0.57, 1.01, 1.03)

Please help its been bugging me for ages

Are you talking about the reversed percussion hit?

No. I'm talking about the distorted leafy kind of sound that occurs at 0.54, 0.57, 1.01, 1.03. :)

It's not distortion. It's fast loop, like at 1/64 note, probably also with sweep.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Thats the first time i've ever heard of fast loop could you please explain it to me? :)

You loop a very short period of sample, what is there to explain? Try it and see.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Production Techniques”