HIGH END PROBLEM AGAIN !!!!!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:x hello as its very common problem for all producers and mixers all over its seems that i never get that high clear bright clean air and shine like a commercail mix no matter what eqs i try to use on indvidual tracks and busses i allways high pass to make sure the bass and kick are punchy and nothing is fighting them i take off the mud from tracks mostly are samples eq my reverbs and delays but i never seem to get it to sound like a commercail track if i post lot of highs i end up with harsh muddy mix :? im opend to suggestions as i want to improve my craft in any way possible cause i know im doing something wrong or it would have sounded great.
IM useing HS8 yamaha monitors i mix ITB non treated room so i listen to my tracks on diffrent systems till get it decent here are tow links of some of my tracks
and thanks for the help :tu:
my daws are cubase 7.5 pro tools 10 and abelton
im composer and producer make electronic and soundtrack music

https://soundcloud.com/sam-halabi-soundtrack/fuuuf43-1
https://soundcloud.com/sam-halabi/one

Aside from a lack of punctuation in this post, I listened to these two examples and only found two major issues:

a) there is barely any balance in the lowend
b) there is no balance of the instruments

By the latter I mean, that the instruments fight for each other, or that one drowns out the another. Fuuuf43-1 for example has too harsh and agressive guitars that drown out the piano (which could use a different EQ, and be features a bit more - but then again, that's just me).

While ONE could definitely have more lowend for the kick, maybe even some infamous sidechain ducking action on the synths. Then it would sound a bit more rounded out.

Else, you're pretty much "professional" right there. Overdone high frequencies, everything pressed to it's limits (limiting). My ears definitely hurt after a short while of listening to the material.

I'd say... focus on the balance of your instruments, stereo field, different EQ approach. Everything else (that commercial "breathing" sound) is just fairy dust.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

yes, the instruments fight each other. you must learn to seperate them more with eq, pan and volume and give them their own space. i also find that the material is pressed to its limit: maybe start with proper gain staging to leave enough headroom as starting point.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Holy shit, TURN DOWN THE ELECTRIC GUITAR!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Never mind.

At least you have some cool moody photos of yourself.

Return to “Production Techniques”