Rolling Snare Build Up

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi everyone, i'm new on this forum, I wish I'm posting on right section.
I would ask you how can I get the same effect on a rolling snare in progressive build up as that loop https://www.sendspace.com/file/d53m1i (https://www.sendspace.com/file/d53m1i) ?
The loop is a vengeance sample that well explain the effect I am trying to do (Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol. 3 Angel Kit Drums 2).
In that kit there is the single hit snare too, if I load it and in piano roll set it rolling as the loop, I can't reproduce the effect when it plays 1/16 and 1/32.
I can set the pitch slide the same way, but there is something else, I can't guess what, I tried with any filter (low,band,high pass), slide down a band in an EQ plug in, reverb it and pull down the dry, but I can't get that effect. And obviously leave only the pitch slide and pull down a bit the volume is not enough.
I want to apply this effect to another snare, so I don't want to simply insert that loop in the song, that's why I'm asking how to do that.
Thanks everyone for read.
Please help me!

I'm on my phone and haven't heard the clip, but I suspect the effect could be reproduced by having the sample repeatedly played without the automatic "cutoff" that happens in the sampler.
Let me explain, when in piano, roll each successive hit of the sample stops the previous hit from ringing. If I'm understanding the situation, you want the snare to continue ringing while new hits start.which is exactly what happens in real life with a real snare roll
Never use adequate force when excessive force is available.

I may be misunderstanding what you're aiming for but if you want to replicate a snare roll,you should try playing around wig the felicity if the different snare hits in the piano roll.

So you can have multiple hits in succession but some with a higher velocity than the other,to give a snare roll effect.

But you'll have to mess around with this a bit to get what you're looking for.

Return to “Production Techniques”