Can i do this in Ableton?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello , is it possible to make an effect rack in the master channel in ableton , which will control for example the filter in one track , filter on another, delay on another track etc...

Or will the effect rack only control the master channel ? ...
(cross mapping , is maybe the term I'm looking for here :) ... )

Thanx

-Mons

Certain M4L devices will do this.

We need more info though. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thank you mushy!
I use M4L devices way too rarely . And as u mentioned it, I then scrolled through various M4L devices and found this
Api AMap4 . ( I put the max device on my master ,to control several macros from different tracks with one knob on master ) ...

Still learning here btw! so many buttons,so many possibilities :)

-Mons

what you definitely could do is if you have a midi controller is midi map some encoders on it to different parts of your track, i'm not sure if that's what you were trying to achieve but it'll definitely work.

Cool idea thanks for sharing it

you cant do that...with max you prolly can, but max is a piece of $^$
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Hi, there is a way where you don´t need max for live but a little tool called CLYPHX
It is a powerhouse Python script tool set. Inside the package there are examples to achieve something like you discribed. Look at the MACROBAT example set. It´s all well documented and there are really good vids on YT.

Have fun.

Return to “Production Techniques”